Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shoehead posted:

All these teens are so jacked. And stacked.

I don't understand why Archie got a fake serpent tattoo? surely a real one would help in prison. Also why did Jughead's also look painted on when I think he has one? Also I should say I think the tattoo make up on this show looks good. I'm used to soaps putting the blackest black on people without it fading or blending onto the skin. It's a minor peeve of mine.

also also was..hotdog a different breed before?

Jughead's looks painted on because it is, the actor didn't want to get an actual tattoo from a fake gang and I guess the makeup artist isn't that great.

Though if I was the actor playing Jughead I'd probably get the tattoo for real if they pick up a fourth season, not for the character, but for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MorgaineDax posted:

Hot Dog is a sheep dog and Vegas is a lab I think. Maybe you're thinking of that one.

I looked him up and it looks like I Shazamed myself into thinking he was some Bully breed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

Jughead's looks painted on because it is, the actor didn't want to get an actual tattoo from a fake gang and I guess the makeup artist isn't that great.

Though if I was the actor playing Jughead I'd probably get the tattoo for real if they pick up a fourth season, not for the character, but for myself.

He doesn't want to have tats, he doesn't want to sing. That guy is no fun. But I guess real life goes first. They can't all be like Rob McElhenney.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

cant cook creole bream posted:

He doesn't want to have tats, he doesn't want to sing. That guy is no fun. But I guess real life goes first. They can't all be like Rob McElhenney.

Rob just got all his tattoos lasered off :ssh:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cockblocktopus posted:

Rob just got all his tattoos lasered off :ssh:

I'm talking more about his willingness to wreck his body for the show, but yeah good for him.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Reviews are starting to come in for Chilling Adventures and it's looking solid. Here's a pretty even-keeled one from io9.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All the tattoos on the show are transfers. But so is Jughead's, unless his dad was supposed to have painted over his with Archie, but he got a black one off Toni

Here's a big thing on the Serpent tattoos: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/riverdale-makeup-artist-shared-how-the-southside-serpents-tattoos-are-made

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

He can still have a Suite Life without any tattoos though

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He'll forever be Ross' son to me. Forever.

This is probably a big part of why I can't stand Cole Sprouse lmbo tho I just have issues with the Jughead character in Riverdale in general.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I will say, I thought Archie's tat was supposed to be a real one, a fake tat in jail would be worse than not having one at all.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Skwirl posted:

I will say, I thought Archie's tat was supposed to be a real one, a fake tat in jail would be worse than not having one at all.

Same lmao, I was surprised to hear he got a temporary one I guess ??

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
So... since when is Archie's tattoo fake?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

So... since when is Archie's tattoo fake?

Someone said it was fake. I think it's a real tattoo (in the show I don't think the actor got a real tattoo).

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be real. Mister Forsythe Pendelton II made it with a tatooing needle. He even put up glasses for precision.

By the way, I kinda want to see an episode where Forsythe Pendelton senior shows up. In all likelyhood he's just dead, but there could be an interesting falling out instead.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 16, 2018

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Jughead's past deep cut I'm hoping for is Trula Twyst.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Christ this show is so weird.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Mameluke posted:

The Jughead's past deep cut I'm hoping for is Trula Twyst.

I want everything from the 90s to show up--Debbie, Joani, January, his loving haircut, and how he started hanging out with an entirely different set of friends. Also Jughead's Diner while we're at it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So, there a 100% chance that Mad Dog was a prison snitch, right? And now Archie is the new snitch and that's how he's gonna get stich(es).

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, Veronica has some bad ideas sometimes. Showing up at a prison with a bunch of cheerleaders who flaunt themselves in front of a bunch of sexually frustrated criminals is surely gonna make Archies life any better.

And what exactly was Archies plan punching a bunch of prison guards in riot gear? Did he think he would win that?
But I do like how ridiculous this show is.

Dilton's Buddy is called Ben Button...

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I like how much they were paying homage to Shawshank, they even kept the warden's name the same.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

MorgaineDax posted:

I like how much they were paying homage to Shawshank, they even kept the warden's name the same.

They already used Shankshaw as the name of the adult prison in previous seasons. :v:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Mad Dog appears to be allergic to shirts.

Edit: Maybe I should have waited to post after finishing the episode. What the actual gently caress is this show? Are they really trying to sell a Satanic Panic plot with D&D and Orange (Hair) is the New Black???

Malpais Legate fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 19, 2018

radlum
May 13, 2013
Is Archie gonna join a prison fight club? I thought that's what they were hinting at with the Warden looking at him as he fought the guards.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I bet Mad Dog died in some boxing ring the guards bet on or some poo poo.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SilentChaz posted:

They already used Shankshaw as the name of the adult prison in previous seasons. :v:

Archie is in the Leopold and Loeb Juvenile Penitentiary! They were 2 young wealthy kids who decided to kidnap and murder a 14-year old neighbour because one of them wanted to know what it's like to kill someone. They were the inspiration for the book and movie In Cold Blood .

This show is crazy.

Archie said he was guilty, under oath in front of judge, jury and packed courthouse, but Veronica talks and acts likes he's away at camp for a few weeks and will be back in school soon ?!
Then she visits him in prison and the first words out of his mouth are lies.

radlum posted:

Is Archie gonna join a prison fight club? I thought that's what they were hinting at with the Warden looking at him as he fought the guards.

Yeah no one talked to Mad Dog, he's not part of any of the prison gangs, so he couldn't have been much of an informant if that's what Archie's been tapped for.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Also Archie would be the worst snitch ever. That warden is obviously corrupt, but he's probably not that incompetent.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Most of those questions are answered if you watch the preview for next week.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be real. Mister Forsythe Pendelton II made it with a tatooing needle. He even put up glasses for precision.

By the way, I kinda want to see an episode where Forsythe Pendelton senior shows up. In all likelyhood he's just dead, but there could be an interesting falling out instead.

He was brushing at it with a pen or a brush. It was weird cos why would you ever?

Also this show is nuts

Me and my partner spent the while episode going "oh this is Shawshank, this is Satanic D&D, this is the Hole, that's Heaven's Gate, that was a Wendigo". Bloody show is all over the place
This is gonna be a weird thing to watch along with a sister show about a witch who has to pledge herself to Satan

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 19, 2018

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Riverdale season 3: Shawshank + It

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Riverdale season 3: Shawshank + It

Don't forget the Longest Yard and Wicker Man.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm gonna try watching regularly this season instead of catching one or two odd episodes. I've listened to Sex Archie since it was a thing, but there's definitely no substituting the visual strangeness Riverdale brings to the table.

Personally, I've been a fan of gimmick episodes since I was a kid (Seinfeld? Friends? I was a Drew Carey guy) so I'm most excited about the flashback episode where the teen cast plays their characters' parents. Really hoping there's a teenaged Hal hanging around doing murders and/or dating Alice.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I just realized how that's going to just leave us with Betty and Jughead still making even as their parents lmbo

sad

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

esperterra posted:

I just realized how that's going to just leave us with Betty and Jughead still making even as their parents lmbo

sad

First season had a bunch of sexual tension between Luke Wilson and Veronica's mom too. Like I don't remember the details but it was heavily implied there wa some sort of love triangle between them and Hiram or they dated before she ended up with Hiram.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Skwirl posted:

First season had a bunch of sexual tension between Luke Wilson and Veronica's mom too. Like I don't remember the details but it was heavily implied there wa some sort of love triangle between them and Hiram or they dated before she ended up with Hiram.

Yeah, good point.

How boring!! I want to see poo poo mixed up!! lol

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

What the gently caress is even happening in this show? It's the most amazing and stupid thing and it keeps getting more amazing and more stupid each season.

Archie is in prison attempting to unite the gangs through the power of team sports and hot cheerleaders, while Jughead and Betty investigate a D&D-playing satanic death cult that apparently everyone's parents were involved in as teenagers. Betty's mum has joined a cult that may or may not be ritually burning babies to death and there is a sudden bizarre epidemic of people having seizures.

And it's only two episodes in. It's glorious.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
The theme of this season seems to be glorious 80s movies. Shawshank, Mazes and Monsters, It, Wicker Man, I’m convinced that Cheryl being in her bra at least twice an episode is also an 80s teen comedy reference. The Satanic Panic, cults, it’s all so good.

And Juggy gets his S shirt.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TheCenturion posted:

The theme of this season seems to be glorious 80s movies. Shawshank, Mazes and Monsters, It, Wicker Man

Only one of those movies is even from the 80s.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Phylodox posted:

Only one of those movies is even from the 80s.

The 80s is a state of mind, man, not a set of hard dates. I equate the Vietnam War with growing up in the 80s as much as I do the Cold War, for example.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TheCenturion posted:

The theme of this season seems to be glorious 80s movies. Shawshank, Mazes and Monsters, It, Wicker Man, I’m convinced that Cheryl being in her bra at least twice an episode is also an 80s teen comedy reference. The Satanic Panic, cults, it’s all so good.

Unless I'm crazy, he's worn an S shirt many times on the show already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheCenturion posted:

Nah man, this season is pure 90's trash.

Get with the times old man.