Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I really hope Archie and Veronica's break-up sticks for a while.

Also, looks like Betty should have reported that illegal gay conversion prison the Sisters were running to the police and got that place shut down sooner. Seriously, why didn't she do that? Why didn't anyone do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Man this show has out-loving-done itself with the insanity to the point where I don't know if the characters are hallucinating or seeing this for real anymore.

Also it sucks to have S1 evil abusive Alice Cooper back. :smith:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hermione Lodge's desktop is triggering me.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Shneak posted:

Man this show has out-loving-done itself with the insanity to the point where I don't know if the characters are hallucinating or seeing this for real anymore.

gently caress if the characters are hallucinating it, are we sure we aren't?

Try summarizing an episode verbally and see how loving bonkers you'll sound.

Like, FP handcuffed his son to a fridge to get him to "detox" from. . Dungeons and Dragons.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

esperterra posted:

Super into the super secret G&G folder with all the super illegal stuff being front and center on the desktop

Might as well be a folder titled My_Crimes

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So long Joachim. You were kinda there sometimes.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

trash person posted:

Super into the super secret G&G folder with all the super illegal stuff being front and center on the desktop

Might as well be a folder titled My_Crimes

To be fair, my desktop is wall-to-wall icons and folders, and I'm often surprised at the things I find there. That scene was probably the single most believable thing that's been on the show this season.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I am not a 16 year old nerd playing games!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

All of the Kevin and Archie interaction was fuckin' great in this episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This whole episode was excellent.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Archie's hair has reached new heights of terribleness. Good episode despite the lack of Cheryl. Did anyone catch the Scream opener with the popcorn and Skeet Ulrich coming through the window? Made me cackle like a maniac.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

cant cook creole bream posted:

So long Joachim. You were kinda there sometimes.
Every G&G campaign includes NPCs.

quote:

Originally posted by Binary Logic on Oct 27, 2018 06:28
Archie has the worst impulse control. And he makes the worst snap decisions. He could have traded that bottle of booze for another pair of sneakers.
So Archie
1. Admitted his guilt in court so he'd end up in prison 'to protect his friends and family'
2. Broke out of prison to find the real killers
3. Now that he's been cleared of the crime, has decided to disappear 'to protect his friends and family'
:derp:
4. :wtf: Maybe what's really going on is that Archiekins wants to split up with Veronica but is trying to avoid the break-up confrontation so these are his escalating attempts to ghost her.

esperterra posted:

I think the post-it note shows the mayor's password.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

On the basis of this irrefutable evidence I accuse Hermione Lodge of being the Gargoyle King.

(jokes I still think it's ex-Mayor McCoy)

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Does anyone have a theory about the seizures? When Josie had hers, I was thinking some of the adults were drugging their food and drinks with a poison to build up their tolerances to protect them from the poison fresh-aid. But then I remembered Ethel had a seizure and were her parents even involved at all?

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

MorgaineDax posted:

Does anyone have a theory about the seizures? When Josie had hers, I was thinking some of the adults were drugging their food and drinks with a poison to build up their tolerances to protect them from the poison fresh-aid. But then I remembered Ethel had a seizure and were her parents even involved at all?

Evelyn's gotta be involved. She's been at the scene at both Ethel and Josie's seizures, and she might have been around for Betty's too.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

I think Evelyn’s gonna be a red herring.

For all Riverdale has been this season her being the one doing it seems way too obvious/telegraphed.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Is it just me or they keep referring to Josie's mom as [Job] McCoy??; first Mayor McCoy and then Attorney McCoy.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I’d like to point out that Veronica told Archie on the phone “we’re end game” and I pointed out earlier this season Kevin explicitly said Betty and Archie are end game. Betty and jug don’t seem to do much couple stuff either considering she’s serpent queen.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

There will be at least most of a season that have Archie and Betty as a couple.

Probably season 4

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

trash person posted:

There will be at least most of a season that have Archie and Betty as a couple.

Probably season 4

God, I hope not. I don't have a problem with Jughead and Betty breaking up (even if they are cute together) , but it would be such a letdown if she ended up with Archie. They've both moved on by now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Still Fluxing posted:

God, I hope not. I don't have a problem with Jughead and Betty breaking up (even if they are cute together) , but it would be such a letdown if she ended up with Archie. They've both moved on by now.

Oh come on. People break up and end up back together all the time in actual, real life.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I will #dropped this show if we never get Betty + Archie tbqh

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

esperterra posted:

I will #dropped this show if we never get Betty + Archie tbqh

So after the final episode?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I suspect that this show's versions of Archie and Betty would be completely intolerable together, reflecting and magnifying each other's righteous impulses until they're completely insufferable self-superior chodes.

So obviously that needs to happen.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

I suspect that this show's versions of Archie and Betty would be completely intolerable together, reflecting and magnifying each other's righteous impulses until they're completely insufferable self-superior chodes.

So obviously that needs to happen.

They would grow up to be the worst people on NextDoor.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Fartington Butts posted:

Basically the blog from Gossip Girl but about the neighbor having too many weeds and a suspicious looking mailman coming to their door.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
So they'd turn out like season 1 Alice?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Now I wish Jug ended all his narration segments with 'xoxo serpent king'

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Do we have odds on who gets pregnant first, Betty or Veronica?

You know they’ll get there around season 5

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Toni will impregnate Cheryl with the anti-Christ, Damien Blossom

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Betty will get pregnant then responsibly abort.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Betty getting pregnant with Jughead's child would be direct parallels to Alice and FP, meaning they could have all sorts of drama with Alice screaming about "the cycle repeating itself" and "how could I have failed my daughter."

But really I'm betting Veronica gets pregnant from her reunion sex with Archie and uses the unborn baby as a gently caress you to her parents.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It'll be Cheryl who gets to be Riverdale's first celebrated teen pregnancy, but then it'll turn out that Ethel Muggs secretly had Dilton Doiley's baby, but was forced to give it up to the sinister Sisters. Cheryl, and the rest of the teens, will give no fucks (Betty might make a sad pout face) and there'll be lots of shots of Ethel silently fuming at the back of Cheryl's baby shower.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The funny thing is that Riverdale is so crazy that these jokey suggestions are all pretty much plausible.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Isn't Ethel dead lmao

Like it was one quick line during that timeskip but I'm pretty sure Ethel killed herself in the hospital.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fartington Butts posted:

I disagree, I don't think either of them would grow up at all if they started dating. Think about it: Betty is addicted to involving herself in murder investigations where the killer is still active, and Archie is dangerously impulsive in the worst possible way. I strongly suspect that after a month of dating they would get themselves killed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jughead is also both of those things imo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

esperterra posted:

Isn't Ethel dead lmao

Like it was one quick line during that timeskip but I'm pretty sure Ethel killed herself in the hospital.

She just had a seizure, didn't she? I don't remember her dying

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I can't remember the line offhand but Jug says something that sounded like she died to me, then we see a scene of her with the Gargoyle King in her hospital room.

I'll peep it omw to work if my data behaves 'cause it's been bugging me. But she hasn't been in an episode since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

esperterra posted:

Jughead is also both of those things imo

Yeah but he's the narrator, he's got plot armor. That's how he survived being beaten to death.

esperterra posted:

But she hasn't been in an episode since.

Which isn't really out of character for Ethel even when she's a part of the plot.