Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Binary Logic posted:

The Chinatown tribute angle was fun.

But Archie's arc in about forty minutes went from psychopath fighting at his father's job site, to walking into hospital room with a gun to, "hey Josie maybe we could jam sometime?"
When she replied, "Yeah sure but you're singing back up" she was taking her life into her own hands! He might just as quickly have taken a swing at her and said, "I don't sing back up for anybody. Not for my father's foreman not for Hiram Lodge and not for you".

Thanks, I need the occasional reminder this woman's in grade 11.

I still lose my poo poo that Josie's actress is like 33.

There's not even a nodding acquaintance with reality here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/CW_Riverdale/status/1091094976518221824

:allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

needs more betty / archie / veronica love triangle

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Case in point: why did Cheryl get so defensive when Betty asked questions about her mother being a murder? Cheryl has had multiple storylines about how much she hates her abusive mother. Why should she care if her mom goes to jail or not?

Of course, it's been implied previously that Cheryl already knows her mom is a murder so maybe she just wants to keep her out of prison so she can blackmail her mother if she ever needs cash?

I thought it had been already implied that Cheryl was the one who actually killed her father though that might have been a fever dream I had.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Malpais Legate posted:

I still lose my poo poo that Josie's actress is like 33.

There's not even a nodding acquaintance with reality here.

Shes older than the actress who plays/ed Penny, whose supposed to be a similar age to F.P!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1091429504789110784

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This needs to be flashback for next season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

They've had ads on the back of and inside Archie digests since the show started tho!!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Archie's gong to make his way through the entire Pussycats lineup by the time the show ends.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Am I crazy or was that episode actually good?

Also, Toni's style is absurd and I can't imagine any one else being able to pull it off. What do you even call it? Goth Punk Glam?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Good Lord, this episode moved at a mile a minute and it was amazing.

Dumbass Reggie continues to be my favorite character (he's just so excited about crimes!), and I'm sad to see Moose go. Will poor Kevin ever get to be happy? :smith: every boyfriend he gets abandons him. Also, I was right about Toni and Cheryl starting their own gang :D

Really looking forward to next Sex Archie podcast, there was a lot of stuff to talk about this week.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

ruddiger posted:

Archie's gong to make his way through the entire lineup by the time the show ends.

FTFY.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dumbass Reggie continues to be my favorite character (he's just so excited about crimes!),

I like that Veronica thought to put a mask on Reggie for the robbery so no one would recognize him, but they're still dumb enough to drive his own car to the heist.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Toni and Cheryl's goth girl gang owns but my god "The Pretty Poisons" is a bad name

Gotta love Reggie acting like an excited puppy about crimes though

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

GreenNight posted:

This needs to be flashback for next season.

At last, Archie enjoys some dignity.

e: While I enjoyed this episode overall, it underlined for me what I dislike about the show's handling of LGBT relationships. We've seen so little development of Moose and Kevin's relationship, even though it was established in season 1, episode 1. Yet we've seen a whole hell of a lot of Cheryl and Toni, which is a relatively new pairing. I understand why this, of course, but it bugs me that a network like the CW that claims it's trying to be super-woke and an ally and all that seems to be reinforcing a double standard between queer relationships here. Female-female relationships are okay to show, but male-male ones are a love that dare not speak its name (at least more than once a season), apparently.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 7, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Toni and Cheryl's goth girl gang owns but my god "The Pretty Poisons" is a bad name

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I made an involuntary noise when Veronica mounted Reggie and an opposite involuntary noise when Cheryl said "the pretty poisons"

I was disappointed that more of the episode wasn't devoted to Riverdale's new Bonnie and Clyde going on a crime spree, that was what got me hyped in the preview and then it was literally the same 5seconds from the clip and nothing more.
I'm glad Kevin is still a character and that Archie is back to the status quo of season one I guess but it was hard for me to give a poo poo about all the interpersonal drama when I could be watching a race against the clock to commit enough crimes to pay off a mysterious threat.

Imagine if the episode ended with the Momfia reveal instead of just farting it out in the middle.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I was disappointed that more of the episode wasn't devoted to Riverdale's new Bonnie and Clyde going on a crime spree

As much as I liked this episode, yeah, I'm really hoping we get more scenes of Reggie and Veronica doing crimes together.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Riverdale: Kill Your Heroes, Be Gay, Do Crime

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

As much as I liked this episode, yeah, I'm really hoping we get more scenes of Reggie and Veronica doing crimes together.

Reggie got shot.

Gina Gershon was better than her previous appearance, she seems to have a better handle on the tone of the show and her character.

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Gotta love Reggie acting like an excited puppy about crimes though
Alliteration is such a comic book staple. Pretty Poison is pretty bad.
Cheryl's still the cheerleaing team leader, right? Girl sure keeps busy. SATs, student body president, gang leader, cheerleader captain, archery practice, and doin' some crimes in her spare time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I can see the series finale being Jughead's narration ending with him and Archie as lovers in a nice bed and breakfast after they ran away together.

But then we see it was just a dream and Jug is actually under attack by zombies in the high school, but then aliens save his life at the last second before he's eaten and they beam him up to their ship and they tell him they have a reality altering device and then give Jug the position of god of earth and he can recreate it however he wants and, in fact, everyone's in Riverdale are fictional characters whom's lives have been rebooted dozens of times through comics and tv shows, and as Jughead looks down on Earth he realizes that his and his friends are living in a repeating hell, but maybe this time he can do it right and it can all end and then they just cut to RIVERDALE and the show is over.

Like, that probably won't happen, but you can't tell me with certainty it won't.

RIVERDALE

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

I can see the series finale being Jughead's narration ending with him and Archie as lovers in a nice bed and breakfast after they ran away together.

But then we see it was just a dream and Jug is actually under attack by zombies in the high school, but then aliens save his life at the last second before he's eaten and they beam him up to their ship and they tell him they have a reality altering device and then give Jug the position of god of earth and he can recreate it however he wants and, in fact, everyone's in Riverdale are fictional characters whom's lives have been rebooted dozens of times through comics and tv shows, and as Jughead looks down on Earth he realizes that his and his friends are living in a repeating hell, but maybe this time he can do it right and it can all end and then they just cut to RIVERDALE and the show is over.

Like, that probably won't happen, but you can't tell me with certainty it won't.

RIVERDALE
Lay off the fizzle rocks, my man.

But you're right, there's nothing out of reach for this crazy show.

Kyle McLachan shows up at the Chock-Lit Shoppe, as Agent Dale Cooper. Orders up his usual, takes one bite of pie, gets the latest info about the town from Pop and goes, "This poo poo is too crazy, I'm outta here!"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Nah, but next time the have an Arrow/Flash/Supergirl crossover, Pureheart and crew better goddamn show up. :colbert:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The closer this show gets to queer The Warriors the better.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Shoehead posted:

The closer this show gets to queer The Warriors the better.

The Warriors was already pretty queer.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TheCenturion posted:

The Warriors was already pretty queer.

truth

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
"You Serpents are good"

"The best"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

March 6 episode is called “Fire Walk With Me.” Which excites me like mad. Need some season 3 Twin Peaks up in this poo poo.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GreenNight posted:

March 6 episode is called “Fire Walk With Me.” Which excites me like mad. Need some season 3 Twin Peaks up in this poo poo.

Hal is going to catch someone with his death bag.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, is there a new episode tonight?

Edit:

There was!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 28, 2019

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Luke Perry’s in the hospital after having a stroke.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
In real life? That's gonna gently caress up that 90210 reunion thingy

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jesus, he’s only 52. I hope he pulls through okay.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

He survived the sandpaper museum, the jars of acid, the demolition of the pillow factory...

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

But not pollution.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/obituaries-people-news/luke-perry-dead-dies-90210-riverdale-1203154263/

Well gently caress.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

drat

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

gently caress indeed.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Sgt. Politeness posted:

In real life? That's gonna gently caress up that 90210 reunion thingy

Oh poo poo that’s a shame because the last 90210 reboot was absolute garbage. I was hoping for a reunion so the show could redeem itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
poo poo