Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I fully expect Hal to come back next season, maybe with a little Phantom of the Opera type mask to cover his face being blown away. Jughead's gonna be smart and dismember him this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Still Fluxing posted:

Pretty sure Jughead stabbing Fred in a fit of rage isn't the "respectful" ending the producer promised he'd give him.

But I do think the killer is Jughead. Maybe he murdered Charles for some reason? This is Riverdale, after all, and I refuse to believe he's as well-adjusted as he seems.

I was half kidding about Jughead killing Fred but wouldn’t put it past them because Riverdale is ridiculous TV. You’re right though, Charles might make more sense.

I would like to see Hal keep coming back, Michael Myers style. And then they can make a Hal-loween special. Look, as long as there’s no more G&G or fizzle rocks I don’t give a poo poo how crazy they get next season.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

SEX BURRITO posted:

I was half kidding about Jughead killing Fred but wouldn’t put it past them because Riverdale is ridiculous TV. You’re right though, Charles might make more sense.

I would like to see Hal keep coming back, Michael Myers style. And then they can make a Hal-loween special. Look, as long as there’s no more G&G or fizzle rocks I don’t give a poo poo how crazy they get next season.

He'll be back, and this time with TWO hook-hands!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Still Fluxing posted:

He'll be back, and this time with TWO hook-hands!

He got shot in the head so he'll return with a half hook-face.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I just caught up to the last episode and goddamn is this show stupid and great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, I'm on episode 7 and this is getting ridiculous. When does The Punisher show up to stop Hiram 'Kingpin' Lodge already?!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Don't worry.

The reality is even more ridiculous than that scenario.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RareAcumen posted:

drat, I'm on episode 7 and this is getting ridiculous. When does The Punisher show up to stop Hiram 'Kingpin' Lodge already?!

How quaint of a narrative for Riverdale.

Like, we already had a comic book style 7 foot monster show up in season 2 and break down doors. This is season 3, SON!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

1glitch0 posted:

How quaint of a narrative for Riverdale.

Like, we already had a comic book style 7 foot monster show up in season 2 and break down doors. This is season 3, SON!

It really needs to be reiterated how ridiculous this show got. It happened kinda gradually, so it never felt like any element was too stupid even for this show. Every time batshit crazy things happen, I only felt like it's a slight escalation from what happened before.

Edit: scratch that I remembered one short dialogue which actually felt wary sillier than the rest of the show.

Archie: "Bye mom, I'm going to my illegal boxing ring to fight the mob boss who repeatedly sent a cult of drugged tabletop players after me. Obviously, he literally wants to kill me in the ring, but that's great! Veronica and I will use that to topple his criminal empire."
Archie's Mom: "Oh that's great dear, but what I really want to know is when you two get back together. You made such a cute couple!."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 1, 2019

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I, for one, can't wait to see what kind of evil plans Hiram cooks up from prison. Can he top the cracked-out cosplayers he sent to beat Archie to death? Will he shout some more about how he's not a 16 year old nerd playing games?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I can't wait for Hiram to send a gang of bmxers after Archie. They'll settle their score in the old abandoned Sweetwater Skatepark on the South Side.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Shoehead posted:

I can't wait for Hiram to send a gang of bmxers after Archie. They'll settle their score in the old abandoned Sweetwater Skatepark on the South Side.

Maybe he'll recruit the feral boyscouts that tried to kill Jughead!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Oh man, I can't wait for Riverdale John Wick.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

cant cook creole bream posted:

It really needs to be reiterated how ridiculous this show got. It happened kinda gradually, so it never felt like any element was too stupid even for this show. Every time batshit crazy things happen, I only felt like it's a slight escalation from what happened before.

Edit: scratch that I remembered one short dialogue which actually felt wary sillier than the rest of the show.

Archie: "Bye mom, I'm going to my illegal boxing ring to fight the mob boss who repeatedly sent a cult of drugged tabletop players after me. Obviously, he literally wants to kill me in the ring, but that's great! Veronica and I will use that to topple his criminal empire."
Archie's Mom: "Oh that's great dear, but what I really want to know is when you two get back together. You made such a cute couple!."

It's probably just a set up for a big reveal that Archie's mom is Hiram's big city corrupt lawyer who has been in on it this entire time!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
By the end of this show, we will have a gang war between a group of yoga instructors smuggling plutonium and a circus troupe of assassins.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

By the end of this show, we will have a gang war between a group of yoga instructors smuggling plutonium and a circus troupe of assassins.

By the end of the show do you mean by episode 10 of next season?

Actually come to think about it, it seems inevitable we will get a "circus/carnies come to town" storyline.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

By the end of the show do you mean by episode 10 of next season?

Actually come to think about it, it seems inevitable we will get a "circus/carnies come to town" storyline.

Yes I do. But I think those episodes leading up to it will be stuffed with other weirdness. It's actually hard to come up with scenarios which are sillier than what we have seen.
Hiram wins an early pardon in the national prison dance-off.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Yes I do. But I think those episodes leading up to it will be stuffed with other weirdness. It's actually hard to come up with scenarios which are sillier than what we have seen.
Hiram wins an early pardon in the national prison dance-off.

I could see Hiram getting out by getting burned in a fire in the prison he built because of shoddy construction somehow and is pardoned and he becomes like a scarred two-face type character. And then takes control of the carnies that inevitable come to town to fight the serpents, but the good side of him tries to reunite with his family.

Meanwhile Betty and Jug find the alien spacecraft that has been hidden under the town for decades.

Archie takes over the family business after Fred doesn't come back from his business trip and turns it into a dog sanctuary. But one of the dogs is actually a werewolf and turns Archie, which helps him in his burgeoning boxing career.

Who knows what happens in the second half of the season.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 1, 2019

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Maybe this was obvious to everyone and I'm just dumb, but I was just re-watching the last few episodes of this season and The Farm "harvests". I just got that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The (Organ) Farm

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
I just need Hiram to say "Egad!" once before this show ends and everything will have been worth it.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Small but inevitable things I'm looking forward to in season 4:

No one acknowledging Kevin's missing kidney ever again.

The missing farmies come back. No one acknowledges their missing kidneys either.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The missing kidney is used to grow a second Kevin, who attempts to kill and usurp Kevin Prime. Hiram frames Archie for a false flag attack on Canada, resulting in the town being invaded and occupied by The RCMP. Betty discovers that a local hat store is not what it seems.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sabrina did doppelgangers, it's only a matter of time until Riverdale does evil twins.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Rhyno posted:

Sabrina did doppelgangers, it's only a matter of time until Riverdale does evil twins.

Clifford and Claudius Blossom, but they're both evil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tragedienne posted:

Clifford and Claudius Blossom, but they're both evil.

Oh yeah.

So, good twins? Like there's a not-evil Cheryl out there somewhere?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah.

That would be Jason.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

esperterra posted:

The (Organ) Farm

My friend keeps joking(?) that the one becoming many and the many one is a metaphor for making a Frankenstein’s monster out of the harvested organs.

And honestly I don’t expect that to end up happening but if it does, I won’t be super shocked at this stage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hot take but I think Archie was stronger when the fear of the Black Hood was his motivator. Even after killing his weakness and surviving a bear attack I think he was more powerful back then.

Also, I doubt that Jughead's dead. Betty was way too composed for that to be the case. Something must've kidnapped him. And also mauled a mountain lion or something in the process.

FlavoFibe
Nov 9, 2015
Maybe they're faking his death.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FlavoFibe posted:

That's my guess, he murdered Pop's to finally get all the hamburgers and now he's on the lamb.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

FlavoFibe posted:

This is what I 100% expect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's my guess, he murdered Pop's to finally get all the hamburgers and now he's on the lamb.

I was really thinking Pop was the Gargoyle King because he's had yet to go totally nuts like most people in town barring Fred Andrews.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Just finished the show, caught up with the thread, what a loving bonkers-rear end finale, Archie beat an eight foot tall grizzly man barbarian to death with a femur and this is largely unremarkable, god bless you Riverdale, never ever change

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah.

Cheryl and Jason were identical twins, but Penelope wanted a girl, and so she raised Cheryl as a girl, and Cheryl has no clue.

Riverdale: The Show Where Terrible Forced Fem Fics Are Plausible.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Just finished the show, caught up with the thread, what a loving bonkers-rear end finale, Archie beat an eight foot tall grizzly man barbarian to death with a femur and this is largely unremarkable, god bless you Riverdale, never ever change

What a show where 1950s comic book icon Archie can beat an 8 foot barbarian man dressed like a bear half to death with a bone and by the end of the episode you've almost forgotten about it because so much is happening. It's like yeah, that was a thing that happened, but now there's a flashforward where everyone is mostly naked in the woods, covered in blood, burning their clothes. RIVERDALE

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I wonder if the reported Lili Reinhart/Cole Sprouse break-up is going to change the direction of Jughead's and Betty's relationship.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I hope so because I'm sick of them as a pairing.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Democratic Pirate posted:

Betty and Jughead will break up when their actors break up so all the drama crosses over

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Wait are they dating in real life? That is 100% going to result in an on screen break up.

:lol::lol: we are all Nostradamus.

Also I am quoting this:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I will also stand my ground that Betty and Archie are endgame. The constant references of anything different are to build tension. Wasn't it the first scene of the pilot episode that Kevin declared to Veronica that Archie and Betty are endgame? (also that word is used too much in this show).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bughead very conveniently split the show between stuff I care about and stuff I could not ever possibly want to see again (Archie's continuous bumbling) so I am gutted