Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.

Toalpaz posted:

Maybe you're scum trying to justify voting town. 360 headshot no scope goku weed

But I'm not voting for him!

That's a strange thing to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Caroline posted:

But I'm not voting for him!

That's a strange thing to say.

I think you're hedging, its day 1 so you should be voting proudly and freely, but instead you're playing it cautiously and seeing if more people jump on imo.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Caroline posted:

Does he always speak this strangely? :confused:

I don't want a strange person helping to train our good puppy!

gently caress you and your pissy little puppy, scum

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Leave the puppy out of it. There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Toalpaz (2): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen
Anomalous Amalgam (2): GeneX, Toalpaz
imgay (1): Yami Fenrir
GeneX (1): Caroline
Bifauxnen (1): imgay, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Caroline (1): GeneX, GeneX, Venom Soag, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
xiw (1): Venom Soag, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Tommunist, Venom Soag
Anidav (1): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Bifauxnen
Retro Futurist (1): Anomalous Amalgam
CubicalSucrose (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (8): Amoeba102, Anidav, CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Monathin, Revolver Anidav, xiw :rubshands:

With 19 people still alive, it takes 10 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 16th, 2018 at 12:30 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.

Toalpaz posted:

I think you're hedging, its day 1 so you should be voting proudly and freely, but instead you're playing it cautiously and seeing if more people jump on imo.

That sure is a lot I'm doing to someone who has two votes I didn't say was a bad guy!!

Hmmm, I think you are the bad guy looking for a nice, new person to target who won't know better.

But I caught you!!! :sun:

##vote Toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Caroline posted:

That sure is a lot I'm doing to someone who has two votes I didn't say was a bad guy!!

Hmmm, I think you are the bad guy looking for a nice, new person to target who won't know better.

But I caught you!!! :sun:

##vote Toalpaz

:)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean THANK YOU SIR!

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I feel like voting caroline out first when they're the one in charge of d-dog is a bad idea - in the game d-dog grows up into a super-detector who marks all the baddies for you, so seems pretty valuable to have around. I don't think it's likely everyone on the dog training group is scum so the more people on the dog team surviving until later the better I think - we can detect

(this is all a guess based off the game though)

Also if you haven't seen it this is the other thing d-dog does...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUsrjac_nx0

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

(whoops)

detect inconsistencies if they report d-dog going after different people, etc

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

GulagDolls posted:

Good...?

##vote toalpaz

GulagDolls posted:

Metal Gear..?

Maybe someone else with a post restriction?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all

after sleeping on it, I think voting Anidav might be even more worthwhile than the thwack-with-a-rolled-up-newspaper I first intended. Contrast with his townie performance in Yugioh. Town Anidav still goes overboard with setup spec and wild ideas, but they are in service of town, trying to help people figure things out. This:

Anidav posted:

Does smelling like piss make it easier or harder for scum to find you on the battlefield?

Anidav posted:

Okay, it's time to seriously play mafia.

I think all of the piss fetishists are scum.

Anidav posted:

I think dog urine guzzlers should get out

Anidav posted:

The piss is infected and will turn them into zombies. This is now Metal Gear Survive.

Anidav posted:

The dog piss is significant, game changing. Revolutionary.

is more like Magic Snowglobe Baby. As scum he still has to come up with some kind of theme or tagline or goofy story to sell to try and sound like his usual that's-so-Anidav self.

Leaving my vote here, but my second choice remains Toal. TBC in my next post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hm, actually I don't have a lot to say about Toal except I keep reading everything they do as scummy now ever since they locked in the support on Caroline. Even if Caroline is town, Toal could've been trying to lock in a choice while some scumbros got in on the training crew.

Oh and also this:

Toalpaz posted:

I'm just vanilla town trying to make things fun for myself.

why come out with a VT claim right away like that in response to getting one vote from me?

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I'm the towniest town. :3:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caroline posted:

I'm the towniest town. :3:

counterclaimed!!

##vote Caroline

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

hm, actually I don't have a lot to say about Toal except I keep reading everything they do as scummy now ever since they locked in the support on Caroline. Even if Caroline is town, Toal could've been trying to lock in a choice while some scumbros got in on the training crew.

Oh and also this:

why come out with a VT claim right away like that in response to getting one vote from me?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Geeze Bif, I haven't really gotten started but I'm flattered you feel my straws are the most worthwhile to grasp at.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Bifauxnen posted:

counterclaimed!!

##vote Caroline

Oh no!!

We can both be town friends. :glomp:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caroline posted:

Oh no!!

We can both be town friends. :glomp:

maaaaybe but you are gonna get a cease and desist letter!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Town doesn't need friends. To be town is to walk the lonely road of suspicion. That road usually ends in death.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*A dossier careens into thread.*

Crystalline Masks:
GX
Venom Soag
????
????

Reveal yourselves, your de-molecularization will be an act of mercy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AA you gotta remember to sign in as Revolver Anidav or he's gonna get lurker gunned

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What is this about masks

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Croline reads as fake over the top friendly.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Amoeba102 posted:

Croline reads as fake over the top friendly.

Mean :(

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sorry, *Caroline.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
crystalline masks and piss fetishes, it's a real fuggin party in here

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I had a funny thought based off something someone said. I'm not going back to check, I'm on my phone. D-dog being good for investigating or something. They used better wording than I. Made me think that the three trainers have been marked - whether good or bad. I can see it either way, but I wouldn't make any case on it.
Just putting it here for latter reflection post game.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

There may be multiple posting restrictions but Gulag's seems more traditional metal gear than whatever the gently caress AA is doing

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Amoeba102 posted:

I had a funny thought based off something someone said. I'm not going back to check, I'm on my phone. D-dog being good for investigating or something. They used better wording than I. Made me think that the three trainers have been marked - whether good or bad. I can see it either way, but I wouldn't make any case on it.
Just putting it here for latter reflection post game.

D-Dog marks enemies for you in MGSV :ssh:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gukag is aping Solid Snake, right.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Revolver Anidav posted:

D-Dog marks enemies for you in MGSV :ssh:

I never used d-dog in the field. I guess i just used quiet mostly.
I was thinking that. Marking enemies. But then i also thought of tradiational dog behaviour of m as rking territory - marking them as ours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll start sounding like AA if i keep phone posting.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmm, DDog may mark enemies in game. But there must be some novel gimmick here. If scum team all jumped onto one backer and were marked that would be pretty unbalanced. Plus I'm VT so there's no reason for me to be marked. The very fact that the whole set of trainers (four people, not three) were marked indicates to me it was indiscriminate. Unless during the night someone sniffs the piss and determines scumhood or not.

I think we've yet to see all of Cipher or the Mod's tricks.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Anidav posted:

What is this about masks

AA's stuff doesn't seem to be referencing the games directly but posting in the style of the weirdness I guess.

But if that's a 'hey this is who scum are' post I don't really follow:
* venom soag has posted pretty weirdly but without saying much
* Genex hasn't posted much except joking with caroline

Caroline is a weird case because I thought they were an alt account of a Riven player (and GeneX would know that if they were) but I haven't been keeping up with that discord much and asking that there now would be cheating for this game right?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah it would be.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Toalpaz posted:

Hmm, DDog may mark enemies in game. But there must be some novel gimmick here. If scum team all jumped onto one backer and were marked that would be pretty unbalanced. Plus I'm VT so there's no reason for me to be marked. The very fact that the whole set of trainers (four people, not three) were marked indicates to me it was indiscriminate. Unless during the night someone sniffs the piss and determines scumhood or not.

I think we've yet to see all of Cipher or the Mod's tricks.

Ingame it takes a while for d-dog to grow up and actually be the awesome enemy spotter My guess is the pee is just pee and dogteam will get other things happening later - the thing is that by the time they get full cop powers or whatever some of them might be dead. All other things being equal I don't want to execute dogpeople first as it'd make it easier for scum to kill them all

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The other theory for the reeling is that it serves as public watching and tracking of the 4 players. Anyone they visit or visits them will reek by contact.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

xiw posted:

Ingame it takes a while for d-dog to grow up and actually be the awesome enemy spotter My guess is the pee is just pee and dogteam will get other things happening later - the thing is that by the time they get full cop powers or whatever some of them might be dead. All other things being equal I don't want to execute dogpeople first as it'd make it easier for scum to kill them all

I like your flavour sleuthing, sometimes people suspect people for doing that but I think you're contributing a lot. Especially cause I know nothing about the franchise. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

The other theory for the reeling is that it serves as public watching and tracking of the 4 players. Anyone they visit or visits them will reek by contact.

Whoa! So like uh.... like a parrot or blabbermouth or whatever that thing is called. A visitor might reak of piss day 2?

• Locked thread