Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I shouldn't join 3 games at once.

But I'm not missing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Same, friend!

[b##vote Hal[/b]

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

i'm confirming i'm in this game

anyway goodnight

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay I'm awake now, hello everyone.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

xiw posted:

As far as i can tell it's 'post lots about your views on everyone so that when you get killed town can go back through your posts and analyze everything and decide who killed you'

This is actually a pretty good basis to work with. At worst it's a good way to play as town because as town you have nothing to hide.

You're doin' good work, soldiers.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would like... to train the best boy.

##train

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##support Caroline

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

dammit, Toal! :argh:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AA, you were in charge of potty training! :argh:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

prolly makes it harder for love to bloom on the battlefield

maybe. if we ever get out of day one, bif, i'll let you know.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amoeba102 posted:

The other theory for the reeling is that it serves as public watching and tracking of the 4 players. Anyone they visit or visits them will reek by contact.

This is what I've been assuming this is going to do, myself.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Are you talking to me? Okay well, here's my example.

This whole list doesn't have anything real to do with scum motivations. If anything, scum were probably would be cautious about hoping on an event that had a nebulous benefit to them. As I said before, the motivation for people hopping on probably was primarily that it sounds special and fun to train a dog. That motivation isn't scum or town, and scum are naturally cautious so they are actually disincentivized to participate in this kind of thing.

However, as scum, making this kind of list that at first glance appears like detective work but doesn't contribute any meaningful reads of player actions beyond 'scum must have hopped on'. Therefor, Moatillata, 'appears' to be scum hunting but is in reality picking low hanging fruit with little to no chance of catching scum based on flawed logic. This play makes sense because Moatillata cares more about appearing town, then catching scum. So it makes them look scummy.

Thanks for elaborating! That's actually a pretty solid case against Moat, imo.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Revolver Anidav posted:

what I want to know is why no one has tried to take a shower yet

if you shower off the pee you're scum because I bet it does in fact work similar to what we're thinking.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Is anyone else actually understanding anything AA is saying at this point

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GeneX posted:

No goddamn clue, it's great

awesome just making sure I didn't suffer random brain damage and that was the intended experience

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I don't know if Gulag even has a post restriction, I think that's just standard Gulag.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

g'morning gaspy, or is it afternoon for you

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anidav posted:

Me being in this game only has one purpose.

Get in line, anidav, we're all hype to die.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

imgay posted:

Dog people, I have a question. Did anyone actually get the ability to take a shower or is it just permanant piss.

I haven't tried anything yet but I have a feeling it's beneficial for us to have it for the time being. I haven't tried to ##shower either.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm not interested in voting Toalpaz tonight. I legitimately don't see the case everyone else is making.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ugh I didn't have time to do the reading I want to, Cubical's vote looks real bad though, so ##vote Cube

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amoeba102 posted:

Guess you can look at their entire history.
Gulag could surely do more even with a post restriction. Check AA for comparison.

Hm.

##vote Amoeba102

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Caroline, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz and Monathin reek of dog urine until the earlier of
  • they have a shower; or
  • the end of Night 1

Seems pretty cut and dry to me, anidav.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My thought is smelling of piss means it could have been used by town for information. Showering early felt more suspect, imho.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Didn't we decide it would be good to keep piss on in case it was loud or something else?

Also the fact that I (and I'm assuming others) got no info it's almost certainly an Ecco cop and there's a scum in one of the four of us.

Yeah, if no one got any info from us smelling like piss I'm going to assume one of the four of us is scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anidav posted:

It could just be flavour and the piss is a red herring?

Don't like this response from, Anidav.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amoeba102 posted:

If anyone wants to treat it as an ecco cop go ahead. But make a case that doesn't rely on piss.

Well, here's this, then.

I visited someone last night. Considering the person I visited is currently posting, and did not get a message about smelling like piss, we know it wasn't turning our actions loud.

Ergo, we can treat it as an Ecco cop, because mechanics should have some basis in reality (which is why I'm going to keep Anidav in the back of my mind for downplaying it).

If people are going to case, they should limit the discussion to me, Toal, Caroline, and AA. Us four should be considered the primary suspects for today.

I'll go do some reading here in a bit, but there's your start.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

I really don't get how it could be an eccocop

That's where the cop picks a group of players and gets a result if Any of them are scum, right?

Who is getting the cop info in our scenario???

D-pup literally marked us as enemies.

With his pee.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Nothing about enemies monathin

What do you think the pee does, then? Again, mechanics have to have a purpose.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Fluff wise as xiw has mentioned, in game D-dog pisses on enemies.

An ecco cop takes a group of players and gives a scum or not-scum result on the group, depending on if there's a scum in it.

D-dog pissed on a group of players.

This being a flavourful fun game, it seems to be indicating a scum was involved trying to train d-dog.

jesus christ thank you toal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean this is honestly the proper time for me to claim anyway since I should claim early with a role like this, which is why I feel fine outting that information.

I'm a town-aligned redirector. During the night, I can swap places with someone. Any actions that would have targetted me target them, any actions that target them target me.

I used it on Moat last night.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Okay, well there goes my theory then bc I didn't get any piss notifications for your visit

That's what I figured, since I figured you'd have been bitching about someone piss-covered visiting you if you had.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean that's a fair cop, my D1 was pretty laughably nonexistent. But I wouldn't be pushing the Ecco cop thing so hard if it was going to glaringly out myself as scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hi AA, what do you think about the ecco cop piss debacle

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sorry, the CURRENTLY ALLEGED THEORIZED ecco cop piss debacle

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The way Toalpaz speculated about the piss doesn't feel like they had prior knowledge of a loved/hated role, to me. I think I see what you're fishing for, AA, but you're using the wrong bait.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

No I'm just town bus driver. I hear it's common to claim d2 for them, because their role isn't really a power role and it can actually gently caress with town.

...Hm.

Weird that you'd be a bus driver when my ability to essentially bus drive someone with myself.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm not saying it's a solid lock for scummy but it is weird.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Toal why are you claiming that for no reason- whoah I just had deja vu

lol well then, gently caress me

##vote Toal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Sure, I'm SADISTIC HAWK. Town Busdriver. It really isn't that weird folks.

Then why claim VT?

• Locked thread