Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I told myself I'd not sign up to any more mafia games except for special occasions.

This occasion seems pretty special, so sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Choo choo lets get this train started.

##vote imgay

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Somebody do something scummy that nobody else is seeing so I can get tunneled by my archnemesis Bif again

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anidav posted:

I swear it used to strikeout the unvotes.

It did. This is a lot less clear than before, imo.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Okay, seriously, what's up with AA.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I think both PRs are fake, really, but gulags is less annoying.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote Moat

Agreeing on the sentiment re: dog support list.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Especially voting venom soag out of that list is weird. I'm a bit intrigued by how many people ended up supporting caroline, but that's something to look at later. Voting the single guy supporting someone else maks no sense.

Monathin posted:

I don't know if Gulag even has a post restriction, I think that's just standard Gulag.

Probably is.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

xiw posted:

On phone now: Caroline is also sus because they're literally a Riven NPC reregistration.

Uh... What?

You're going to have have to explan that part to me. What does that have to do with this game?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tommunist posted:

##vote yami

hmm...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

There's like a hundred posts a day and it's mostly gibberish, stuff gets lost. what was your question

Well, at least try to catch up then. I kinda feel like you're not trying to, tbh.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hi, I'm here too!

Work kicked my rear end this week so I barely got around to playing in this game, and I must apologize for that. Will continue to be busy during the week but hopefully I will have more time on the weekend.

I haven't gotten around to getting a lot of solid reads done but I'll try to get some scum reads out.

Anidav: Reads scummily to me. Feels different from the usual anidav, aka crazy setupspec anidav.
GeneX: Mostly a gut feeling I have, but something about their posting feels off to me. Day 1 feels like a bunch of nothing to me apart from the vote on cube which was basically just a fairly safe "avoiding no lynch" vote. Day 2 is, all things considered, a vote on an easy target. Sorry Toal.
Tommunist: The quick quote and vote regarding my vote on Moat pings me, since it completely ignores the followup post which was a continuation of that post.

Feel free to ask for more detailed explanations, if you want to. It's going to be easier for me to respond to questions than to make a huge effort post.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

GulagDolls posted:

Literally stop talking about dog piss at all. Stop giving scum piss related smokescreen to focus on. Rally wanna kill imgay today.

Seconding this. There's been no indication of it doing anything mechanically, so stop talking about it until it actually does something.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Revolver Anidav posted:

It’s Bifauxnen

##vote Bifauxnen

Why tho

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well I'd like some clarification from Revolver Anidav then.

If it really is AA I'll be kind of glad tho, that nonsense was really hard to parse.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Opinion remains unchanged. ##vote GX

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I still am not sure if revolver anidav is claiming an an actual investigation here or what.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also of note - Moat's been kinda quiet today (might be timezones though.)

Looked at their post history again it feels as suspicious to me as it did yesterday. There's the scummy vote on imgay and then a bunch of chaff. A few small posts at the beginning of the day and then just completely dropped off the radar.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Re-read bif again and not really seeing what revolver anidav was about. Please tell us what exactly makes you think bif is scum, revolver.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

imgay posted:

AA im gonna attack you tonight, its my duty as town

But he's our mystery machine. You can't do that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Suggestion: murder moat instead

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

GeneX posted:

The claim is more than obvious, friend

It's a soft claim.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

GeneX posted:

Yes, it is, and there’s no need to fish for a harder one on D2

Softclaims are bullshit. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

GeneX posted:

There are multiple investigative roles that exist, and identifying which one it is can and will change scum behavior

I don’t see the point in giving more info than is necessary, so long as whoever’s running the R Anidav alt account makes clear that it’s a mechanical statement (or doesn’t, in which case I don’t suggest acting on the claim until/unless that changes. Obviously.)

For example, and I’m dropping this in hopes someone can help make sense of it: I believe monathin’s flavor claim thing because I have a thing in my role related to master gunsmiths, plural, which sounds a whole lot like an associated trait shared by multiple people

I would be fine with "it's a result."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Can we kill Huey? I want to kill Huey.

Jokes aside, I'm still being pinged by Anidav's posting.

I'd argue there isn't much in the way of actual scumhunting. They're targetting Toal a lot for changing their claim, while their own claim changes as well (Unlimited thunderdome vs one use thunderdome). They weren't the first to go after them, from what I remember. Combined with what I see as a lack of scum hunting, this feels like someone trying to jump on an easy target. It's an easily confirmable power as well, so I'm kind of sus about "saving" it for so long.

To tie into that, there's a lot of chaff posts. A lot of chaff posts. about game mechanics, about metal gear, about the infamous piss... There's a bunch of shade throwing here and there, but only a vote on Cube (to avoid no lynch, from what I can tell), and then Toal (because 2 bus drivers?). I don't like the toal push all that much, to be honest. Not because of the target, but because of how hard they seem to tunnel on Toal, who's already an easy vote candidate. It'd be an easy way to look town.

All in all, this feels a bit too careful to me. Especially for Anidav.

##vote Anidav

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also I'm not going to vote Bif unless Revolver clarifies if it's just a meme vote or an actual result.

Stop being deliberately unclear about this.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It doesn't help anyone.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also just looked at RF. Holy poo poo do they look bad right now, actually. ##vote Retro Futurist

Retro Futurist posted:

Honestly even if toal happens to be town, we need to kill him to establish that you don’t lie multiple times about your role. Toal bad

In addition to the hilariously scummy vote justification up there, so far Retro hasn't actually done any actual scum hunting. Only chaff and pushing.

Would vote either RF or Anidav today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm taking them at face value. Monathin's redirect isn't too different from a bodyguard action. Toal's is a more ordinary bus drive. They're different enough to me.

Also, I don't think bus driver is something one would really like to openly claim if they could avoid it as scum.

Toals theory about his roleblock mght be worth considering, too.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Although I do feel it's unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. Could be any number of reasons, like doctor, another bulletproof, etc.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Revolver Anidav posted:

Also, what's with the 5 posts in a row Yami?

What do you think it is?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Moatillata posted:

I would prefer not to be a circuit break, as what seems a simpler and easier explanation to me is that revolver copped bif, scum tried to kill him last night and someone protected him

I guess I am a little biased tho

I'm not sure whats simple about a 3 action combo.Compared to the simple explanation of "nk was roleblocked", at least. Not saying that Toal's theory is necessarily the correct one, but it's a pretty viable one.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote moat

Moat is however suspicious to me even outside of the rb theory, so no we shouldnt do any chain lynching.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I think moat is a better lynch today than rf, honestly. Due to sort of having an action on them.

I do want to lunch both tho.

Anyway vote is staying on moat cuz i gotta go sleep and therefore wont be around for deadline.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Revolver Anidav posted:

You were never my brother

*Blows smoke off gun*

Hmm

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I believe it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bif's been kinda low on my priority list, admittedly, but I did kind of feel like something was missing. Where's your tunnel visioning on me, bif?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

If we had 2 docs running around it makes sense that there were 2 or so NK's.

Either there was another 1 shot nk in addition to scum's ninja +1 nk shot, SK, or scum has an arsonist/poisoner. Basically 2 or more of these should be true.

Someone RB'd me maybe.

mind sharing who you tried to target?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

There's still a bunch of scum, if town feels comfortable mass claiming we can probably hit one scum. Seems to be role madness.

It might be a tad early for that still, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I've been trying to be nice to you on purpose! :mad:

Hmm.

Well, I'll look at your post history again after I get home from work.

I really wish I had more time for mafia.

• Locked thread