Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006
Problem description: For the past six months I have been having problems with crashes and BSODs. They seem to be coming in waves: I'll experience multiple program crashes and BSODs, run every method I can google to try to diagnose the problems, everything will work fine again for another month or so, and repeat. The crashes come in the form of games suddenly halting, sometimes without even a crash popup, and Chrome in particular has odd behavior. I'll know a crash and BSOD are coming when individual tabs start crashing, then extensions, and then boom. Stupidly, I failed to back up the exact error codes on my last reformat, but the most recent episode has given me CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on a reboot. I also attempted to use the Windows driver verifier on advice from google, only to get caught in an endless bluescreen loop of DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION until I could get into safe mode and disable it. While writing this post, I got a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD. I'm not sure if this is in any way related, but I've also had my start menu break and no longer open until I performed Windows repair.

Attempted fixes: Multiple complete reinstallations of Windows 10, updated BIOS drivers, carefully monitored my system heat, Windows memory scans (no errors detected after multiple runs), memtest86 (consistent vulnerability to row hammer bit flips, which google seems to waffle on being a serious problem or not), system file checker runs (zero errors). I've ordered new RAM, installing it when it arrives tomorrow.

Recent changes: I switched to an SSD, but only after the problems started happening.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

System specs: Intel i5 2500k processor, Intel DP67BA Motherboard, GeForce 960 graphics card, 4x2GB lovely RAM I don't have the specs on. No idea what my PSU is, 1TB Seagate HDD, 250mb Samsung 860 EVO SSD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

aegeryn fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread