Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Stock footage saves animator strain, I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Big reveal happens when the family comes in hauling the real Yuta from their trip

If this happens I will close my browser window in shock. It would explain so much.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think we're past a Franxx moment because as far as we know the cards are on the table. Unless there's a sudden twist from outside the world Akane's kaiju have built. I can't imagine that happening in as dumb a way as in Franxx.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

"What if we powered robots by doggy style?"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I thought Anti had an actually innovative idea for a kaiju, it's just too bad that it turns out Gridman can fly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well, that's a prototype, unless Goodsmile rushes production the real deal won't be out until late 2019. Now, if you want the prototype, good luck on that, you'd have to steal it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I don't want to know that there even are people who would by that. That is horrifying.

There are enough people who want to buy those statues that they're going to hold a raffle for the right to buy one.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Still nothing, but there's a whole month until it comes out, might be an interview or something between now and then.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hogama posted:

It's way too soon to have a really good sample size of clues with the limited screen time, but Chise is already kind of curious to me. No one except Koyomi interacts with Chise in the episode. In the ending, the only time Chise is alone in frame with anyone else is just looking at some girls talking/laughing together the foreground while pressing the piano key. Even when the group is collecting at the end of the sequence, there's no particular indication that Minami or Yomogi are acknowledging Chise since Koyomi's right there, too. The TV program in the room in their introduction scene discuss tombs being dismantled and a new "grave", and Chise reminds Koyomi of a memorial. Most of the scenes focusing on the ankhs transition to or from Chise (the only one that doesn't is when Yomogi is being chased by Gauma and there's a transition to Minami walking down the street - which is also the only time she's not looking at them as part of the transition). Not sure exactly where this line of reasoning goes - if Chise's a ghost or a figment of Koyomi's imagination or something (maybe Chise's the student that committed suicide?). The only implication Chise's even been seen by anyone else is Koyomi saying that "the police get nosy when I walk around with you" which... if he's walking around talking to empty space (from others' perspectives), then he'd still look pretty strange to police.

Anyway, this is the kind of wild speculation that can be easily cleared up in a single episode. Just eagerly awaiting the next one.

Her followup line "no one believes we're cousins" implies more that the police think he's taking advantage of a young girl.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Funi's front page updates really drat slowly, none of the new shows were on there last I checked a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It had a lake and a river! They went rafting on it.