Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Amnesiac protagonists are an easy in for intrigue, but I really like how they did it in the first episode. He basically knows how to function as a human being and doesn't freak out or get depressed about it, he just doesn't know who or where the gently caress he is so he gets to figuring poo poo out at his own pace. His friend being relatively chill with it was great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is outstanding and at least as fun as the first two episodes of the actual series. Is there a 1.1 out there somewhere?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

maninthesuit posted:

I think that removing her socks and putting on the broken glasses represents her taking off the mask she wears outside.
Yeah maybe, but if so that imagery was chosen because the director likes feet

Speaking of broken things tho, I liked the detail on Akane's broken phone screen. I wondered if that meant anything, then later in the episode she chucked it at Anti and I cracked up. Akane does whatever the hell she wants and she's great for it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cuntellectual posted:

Shameful.

Didn't Akira Akemiya say he wished he could have made Rikka thiccer? :v:
It's never too late.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dessel posted:

Show is still good but I can't be the only one starting to want the supporting cast (Who am I kidding, I mean Rikka) to have some more agency in the show.
I think that's coming up for sure. Between her refusing to be left behind and her frustration at not being able to keep up with them, I can seen her trying to find a role in the team soon. Especially if they can't return Junk to the thrift store, if Junk isn't at Rikka's place then she'll absolutely start to wonder why she's on the team at all and if she joined only because the computer was in her family's store.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Edit: Audio drama out. On the long side, but pretty amusing.
Speaking of links to the original: The NGJHS students mention they're named after junior high school students who saved the world in the past. Safe to assume they mean the original Gridman kids?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

All I'm taking away from this conversation is that it is for the best that I neglected to watch Darling in the Franxx.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wark Say posted:

To be fair, she's also very prone to throwing tantrums when things don't go her way and also seems to have an absolutely massive trauma.

In dumb things that kinda bother me due to having experienced issues with them, it also kinda bugs me how she just throws her cellphone at Anti and I'm like "Girl, that's like 40 bucks you're gonna spend on getting that replaced! :ohdear:", since it doesn't seems like she's using a screen protector.
Her cell phone's screen is shown up close a few times and it's always cracked to poo poo. Girl does not give a gently caress.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The placement of the Phat logo in the last one has to be intentional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

As long as Rikka comes back, I'm on board.

I know that would make no sense, but even if it doesn't necessarily deserve it, the world needs more Rikka.