Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
This first episode triggered all the happy brain juices that good Mecha and Kaiju give me. When Trigger's 'On' they're REALLY good. The attention to detail, the musical accompaniment, I could just sit and watch hours and hours of this and not even notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Hogama posted:

True, though in the wild theory that line wouldn't matter so much.

For a less wild observation:

Now that we've had a bit of show, looking back at this promo art shows a silhouette on the tower that's not Yume (other shots of the tower in the show don't have shapes between the antennae). I wonder if that's meant to be Kano, or another character (possibly the antagonist?) we've yet to meet.

Lastly, for fun: the Denkou Choujin Gridman episode where the Dragonic Cannon was introduced (later part of Dyna Dragon) had it based on some Chinese artifacts found with a mummy (that gets reanimated as part of the monster of the week plot, naturally). And, well, the bag that Gauma's carrying and its contents...

I love the attention to detail

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

goblin week posted:

Kaiju Eugenicists sounds like a name that'd spark endless twitter discourse. Anyway Gauma onwns

I assume they picked the name because it sounds more menacing than "Kaiju Breeders selecting for the best genetic traits over generations of Kaiju births." Or uhh "Kaiju Domesticators"

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Interesting that this season there's no post-fight reset of memories or property damage.

One thing i noticed is that nobody seems to be surprised that Kaiju exist or that one just showed up in the middle of town (Twice! now) In fact, the kids groan loudly that the school should have let them know sooner about the shortened school day due to GIANT MONSTER ATTACK that destroyed a huge amount of terrain that we explicitly are shown through Yomogi.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Lurking Haro posted:

Those kaiju really like to hang around like cicada.

I think that's emphasizing their 'being reborn after 5000 years' like cicada are dormant for decades.

Also pre-eugenicists i think all the "larval" Kaiju we've seen have been hanging off of walls and buildings like cicadas as well.

Maybe Kaiju as a phenomenon go dormant for 5000 years too?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Larryb posted:

I still love the fact that we got a goddamn Ultrazord out of this (though we sort of got that last season as well with King Gridman).

Things seem to be picking up for the group now in general (even Anti and Second seem to be becoming a lot closer to the group)….which of course means something extremely horrible is going to happen during the final arc.

Also if she has a proper kaiju form and isn’t just limited to changing her size I’d actually kind of like to see Second join the fight at some point.

she just turns 40ft tall in her Office Lady outfit.

I've been thinking about this for a few episodes but you know how they talk about how Kaiju are formed from human emotions? I feel like Yomogi's arc might be about him learning to connect to other people, and his ability to use Instance Domination shows that he's making progress.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Rand Brittain posted:

I think the ultimate theme of Dynazenon is that freedom is, itself, a cage, and that growing up is about being able to choose what things you're tied to. The Eugenicists reject everything that could tie them down, and as a result they have nothing:

Juuga was only interested in Gauma, and had nothing when Gauma chose someone else.

Onija has nothing except hate.

Mujina has nothing at all, and is mad about it.

Shizumu is determined to have nothing and to wreck anything he might have.

Or, on the hero side, you have Koyomi, who is not in education, employment, or training, and is able to spend his days doing whatever he wants… but he's basically a prisoner in his room because he has nothing to do.

After seeing the whole series, I think it's pretty obvious that the third thing is either "memories" or "scars."

I think the themes of the show at least partially play on the wordplay of Scars (Kizu) and Bonds (Kizuna)

Gauma and the Eugenicists both feel betrayed by the other,

The Dynanzenon crew all start the show very clearly having issues with forming relationships or maintaining the ones they have.

Over the course of the show, either spurred on by Gauma or Dynazenon all start to make progress in their ability to connect with people again

While the Eugenicists kind of nihilistically refuse to make bonds with anyone in their reincarnated lives, preferring instead to control Kaiju (the embodiment of human emotions)

I do think Chise kind of gets the short end of the stick as they kind of portray her issue as being one where she can't make friends and can't express herself (arm drawings) She (I guess?) feels better having made more friends despite having to say goodbye to Goldburn and decides to just stop covering her arm

Pootybutt posted:

Really great show, loved it much more than Gridman. Watching these weirdos quietly grow a lil closer and just the teensiest bit less awkward around each other via bonding/kaiju fights was p much just what I needed this season. I don't even really go for this genre normally, but TRIGGER just blew the doors off fight after fight.

The final fight really just put the show over the top for me, A+

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Ibblebibble posted:

So what you're saying is that Dynazenon is Kiznaiver 2 :v:

unironically, basically, yes.