Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I really like Rikka's VA (non-dub) and her design (apart from not seemingly wearing an actual skirt or pants). Her VA this episode made her sound like a real person in her sentimental/quiet moments which I appreciate over "anime-style" voice work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

This is a really good show. Maybe they're people! had me in stitches, jesus.

It's overall such a fun show too! Almost worried it'll veer off to something way more grim.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Show is still good but I can't be the only one starting to want the supporting cast (Who am I kidding, I mean Rikka) to have some more agency in the show.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I'm not going to say this is my favourite mecha next to Evangelion but it's pretty close (nostalgia also speaking, EVA got me into anime). Definitely liked the vibes from this episode.

Those kaiju designs were some of the most disturbing ones I've seen and remind me of EVA and uhh... Muv-Luv for sure.

edit: Jesus loving Christ the first kaiju's voice sounds like a distorted version of Akane's. It probably uses the VA's voice with a heavy filter. I can't unhear it now. :gonk:

Dessel fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 9, 2018