Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I mean, it's a seasonal anime, not an actual (little) kid's show. Different marketing model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

The obvious counterpoint is the Gundam franchise, where it's the shows aimed at older audiences that move the most plastic.

Yeah, but those are typically models of varying levels of complexity. Every anime tries to move plastic, I'm just saying that a seasonal tribute like this will be pushing stuff like expensive enthusiast figs instead of cheaper roleplay toys like the actual Ultra shows running atm.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ranzear posted:

Since the director already snuck his yuri novella characters in just for fun, couldn't we also just figure the ending is just somewhat meaningless shipbait too?

I'm not sure how the latter follows the former

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Trigger: starts to draw a line

Goon: I'm concerned, this is starting to look like 02's rear end from Franxx

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I hope the last two pages of this thread commits a minor slight against akane.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Every season will be a blown up version of a single MOTW episode, which means it'll last 50+ years.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, how much involvement does Tsuburaya actually have with this and the previous series (or did they just license it and let Trigger do most of the work)?

I dunno if they had any sway in the storytelling on a company level, but the writer is one of the most prolific Ultra series writers out there (though he isn't strictly a Tsubu guy, he's done plenty of work for Toei and such).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, Keiichi Hasegawa.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It was just a text endcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fivemarks posted:

Jesus christ, western anime fans are the loving worst sometimes.

Edit: some of you fuckers sound like the K-ON fanbase when it was announced that they may get boyfriends or college, or any Idol fan when its hinted that an Idol has a romantic life out of her job. Absolutely loving disgusting.

you are very dumb OP