Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, I had no idea that's what the SSSS was all about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who does the Samurai Caliber dude look like, I know I've seen the exact same guy in a show from the 60's or 70's, maybe Lupin?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The bit where Calibur burst through the window was pure FLCL lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Walrus posted:

I was more thinking of his kaiju design, which has sharper colour contrasts and more heroic proportions than the other two we've seen so far.

Nah that's definitely villan shape, it just looks more like one of the zoanoids from The Guyver than an Ultraman one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gee let me think

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At the start of the dream episode they used a piece of piano music I know I've heard before in another show played in almost the same way, I'm thinking it was in End of Evangelion but I can't place the scene in my head, anyone know what I'm thinking of?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cephas posted:

lol I just realized that this is the mecha version of the Madoka Rebellion movie.

A traumatized girl creates a fake version of her city, bringing its inhabitants in with it. She increasingly finds that she can't live the idyllic normal life that she wants from it. The fake world suppresses her friends' memories and makes them think everything is normal. There is a scene where they try to take public transportation out of the city, only to find that there's nothing outside of it. The platonic ideal of a Savior, embodied in the normal human form of the protagonist, has secreted into the fake world with a small group of allies in order to rescue the traumatized girl. An evil space alien is manipulating the girl. She transforms into a giant monster.

They're both basically just Dark City

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Took me 30 seconds but ya know, depends how legal you want it lol

E: ugh either dub only or HK subs for half of it, forget I said anything

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Last episode was cool, but yeah seemed a bit rushed, also the first time I've felt I'd have gotten more out of it if I knew anything about the original Gridman lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Caphi posted:

Aren't we due for the next gritty Tatsunoko reboot?

The Yatterman one failed so hard they killed the whole idea