Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Given how this is a sequel(?) to a show made to sell toys, I am shocked how little we've seen on the toy side of things beyond the assist machines, which we've seen more of in the trailer than anything. We still haven't even seen a fully armored form, just a couple different combinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
OP revealed there's definitely a combined form with all the assist machines. probably no standalone combined form ala God Zenon, unfortunately. But each one having a combination with Gridman is cool too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Oh gently caress yes, it's almost exactly a new Thunder Gridman. I can't wait to display it with my original.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ConanThe3rd posted:

> Catching up, watching ep 3
> Gridman Max Combination Sequence

I’m getting the biggest case of Transformers Energon fuelled Dejon Mustard right now.

Stock footage is extremely my jam.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Ranzear posted:

Found a companion image at least:

If Rikka is designed to be thicc as molasses, how does that translate to male Rikka? :thunk:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Next we'll have the guy responsible for the Akira motorcycle slide get all bent out of shape

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
As I understand, the entire rant was done in one take as well.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Honestly wouldn't mind another season of Gridman fights badguys in cyberspace but I think it'll be hard to live up to this.

drat shame we never got a Dyna Dragon equivalent in the show though. Unless Trigger does me good and it shows up in the final episode. :awesomelon:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Considering the homage to toku and mecha we've seen, I'm very much looking forward to the OP kicking on and and Gridman Beaming something dead as heck

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
You can do a sequel series because it's the adventures of Gridman. No one besides Gridman has to be in the show. You'd like to see everyone from the first series again, sure. But they don't have to be a part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Endorph posted:

I think the red and black girl upfront is either Terrorsaur (he's red and white in that art but some of his toys gave him a red and black color scheme) or Inferno.

That's all I've got.

Don't forget some of the design inspirations in SSSS were super deep cuts like Shattered Glass or convention exclusive characters. You're thinking guy in green must be Waspinator but, haha jokes on you, it's actually motherfuckin Retrax.