Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
The CG is so stiff and lifeless. It's perfect for zombies.

What does Sakura having amnesia add to the story? My best guess would be that the truck failed to kill and she died later. Which makes me wonder about the bit where she's waking up in a bathtub in the Opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
While I was feeling somewhat lukewarm on parts of the episode, the extremely great faces and those last 3 minutes absolutely slayed me.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

God the hot springs scene was amazing and eagerly awaiting sports next episode!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tae rules.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i was a little concerned this show wouldnt be able to keep up the chaotic momentum of the first two episodes after episode 3 but episode 4 completely reassured me they know what they're doing. the horror sequence was so loving perfect

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The show might not be for me. I liked the surprise death metal and surprise rap, and was hoping for more genre swaps. We're two cycles in with the same pop song now.

The horror sequence wasn't bad, but it didn't make sense unlike in 1 and 2 were it was all about difference of perspective, and that took some of the punch out of it. Here, the non-bathers were in the hallway for no apparent reason other than to scare the CEO. All it needed was one cut where the other girls decided to look for the bathers.

S Tier Faces though. It's strange watching this after Inuyashiki because the style is so different. This is much more alive.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 26, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

The show might not be for me. I liked the surprise death metal and surprise rap, and was hoping for more genre swaps. We're two repeats deep of the same pop song now.

The horror sequence wasn't bad, but it didn't make sense unlike in 1 and 2 were it was all about difference of perspective, and that took some of the punch out of it. Here, the non-bathers were in the hallway for no apparent reason other than to scare the CEO. All it needed was one cut where the other girls decided to look for the bathers.

S Tier Faces though. It's strange watching this after Inuyashiki because the style is so different. This is much more alive.

They woke up because they heard the scream from the baths and wanted to find out what had happened.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Oh, of course. Thanks for explaining.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I hope everyone notices the crunching, popping, and slushing noises when the zombies don't have their makeup on.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yeah, the best part was in episode 1 during the headbanging. It sounded so gross!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I realize now that this garbage anime has tricked me into watching an idol show. Whats worse, it turns out I'm actually really enjoying it. And I don't even like zombies!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I have no idea what I think of this show. My opinion is going to depend on where it takes the plot, which could make it great or terrible, AKA the Darling in the Franxx scenario.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nice bird

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Episodes 3 + 4 weren't quite the homeruns that the first 2 were but this episode was fantastic.

Saki screaming in excitement was adorable. Tae is number 1 confirmed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God bless this good dumb show and especially Saki, my good dumb daughter

Best episode we've had in a few weeks, the visual comedy was just fantastic throughout.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

God bless this good dumb show and especially Saki, my good dumb daughter

Best episode we've had in a few weeks, the visual comedy was just fantastic throughout.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpmg4hmnFAG/?taken-by=tano_asami Her VA is also pretty amazing as well. I’m glad Policeman A returned to save this show from the depths of despair

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Oh man that was freaking fantastic. Also I'm pretty sure they hired an actual Drive-in Tori employee to do the voicework for the owner.
And I freaking loved it when Koutarou used the same trick from last episode on the director.

Also:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1058043051887587329

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Mulderman posted:

Oh man that was freaking fantastic. Also I'm pretty sure they hired an actual Drive-in Tori employee to do the voicework for the owner.
And I freaking loved it when Koutarou used the same trick from last episode on the director.

Also:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1058043051887587329

They also link to Sakura and Saki’s VA’s performing the rap and it’s great

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Zombieland Strikes Back

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/1058102526741004289

It's all real Saga places and events amazing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Lol if this show about zombie idols resurrected to save Saga accidentally saves Sage.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I want a Drive in Tori T-shirt

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vorpal Cat posted:

Lol if this show about zombie idols resurrected to save Saga accidentally saves Sage.

Its pretty popular apparently and a lot of people in message boards/blogs say they want to visit Saga but complain that its so far away. Other people commented on how its the third highest fall anime in east asia so they expect to see a bunch of chinese tourist flooding drive in tori

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, it seems pretty reasonable to assume that the Saga tourism board had some hand in this show.

Eliza
Feb 20, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, it seems pretty reasonable to assume that the Saga tourism board had some hand in this show.

Money well spent honestly. Even if I never go there, at the very least I'm now aware that there is a place called Saga.

Also, the mud diving looked mad fun.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Any anime that has sailor moon grunt like a zombie and crow like a rooster is money well spent

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
There's something about the way they sing "Saga" at the end of the song that reminds me of the old "SEEEEEEGAAAAAAA" LOGO

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Live action Halloween Rap Battle

https://twitter.com/Swaps4/status/1058375621846360064

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That was cool and I almost wish she followed through with the sick mic drop.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I love how utterly undignified and dumb the girls are during this whole episode. Holy poo poo, every single faceplant was comedy gold. That, and the fact that they take Tae along for everything for unfathomable reasons

Could've done without 3rd and half of 4th episode, tho

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Denim Avenger posted:

What does Sakura having amnesia add to the story? My best guess would be that the truck failed to kill and she died later. Which makes me wonder about the bit where she's waking up in a bathtub in the Opening.

Makes me expect the twist to be that she actually got her idol start before she died in some horrific way.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The twist is that Kotaro was driving the van

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Torquemadras posted:

I love how utterly undignified and dumb the girls are during this whole episode. Holy poo poo, every single faceplant was comedy gold. That, and the fact that they take Tae along for everything for unfathomable reasons

Could've done without 3rd and half of 4th episode, tho

It's because Tae is their friend, and secretly responsible for everything going well.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

I do feel like he's probably going to end up as an antagonist in some way. His little moments of decency and sympathy get undermined too hard and too often for him to feel like a healthy addition to the girls' unlives, and him eventually crossing a line and causing them to turn on him (before going on to save Saga through music on their own) seems like the most logical outcome at the moment.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
If i'm looking at what happened in this episode correctly, I don't think he is entirely human

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1057225693145120768?s=20

Policeman A is the real hero of this show

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Here is my random thought:

Saga was coloured in red in the map of Japan when the rest was green. Kotaro is insistent it has to be zombie idols that save Saga.

Is there a bunch of zombies wandering around somewhere in Saga and it killed the economy or something?

While that is amusing the one time I felt kinda :smith: was when the various girls tried to leave and realized they couldn't go back to their lives, due to being zombies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Its almost guaranteed given the license plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My random prediction is that Kotaro was either in love or otherwise cared for living Tae and the whole "zombie idols save Saga" thing is just his latest ploy to make her awaken. Maybe she was idol fan. :shrug:

I am basing it entirely on how touchy he was about Tae's "Legendary" status and how happy he was (he was literally blushing!) when Tae won the mud diving contest.