Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Not gonna lie, that hit a few nerves I was hoping to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

T-man posted:

My guess? Someone died leaning on the railing. And it'll come up somehow.

Given how much this show is on-point when it comes to Saga that's probably just what the actual rail says

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the saddest part of this episode was how tae looked genuinely sad for a second when sakura didnt recognize her

also my favorite subtle gag in this show is how lily's star is consistently depicted as being made of heavy, sharp metal, like how it goes stuck in the floor when sakura threw it down. i hope yugiri uses it as a shuriken to kill that one cop in the last episode.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Apparently the Zombieland Saga lines are super large at Cygames fest which is really good sign

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 15, 2018

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
tae is definitely actually awake and just like that. she's zombie 0 because she woke before zombie 1 (sakura)

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Apparently the Zombieland Saga lines are super large at Cygames fest which is really good sign

yeah this show seems to be a genuine hit and im loving glad cos this is prolly my aoty

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

Legendary Hunter-Gatherer Yamada Tae! (?)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She was raised by wolves in the woods and never actually adapted to human society

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Legendary Zombie Virus Patient Zero, Yamada Tae.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dog's brain is in tae and tae's brain is in the dog

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

That makes a lot of sense... maybe Kotaro has been trying to do this Zombie thing for a while but Tae/Romero were his first attempts and he totally messed up. That's why he went to Hollywood and then he picked up makeup artistry along the way.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Endorph posted:

This needs to be made canon. It's too perfect not to be. And yeah my contact from Reddit told me that this show and Gridman are HEAVILY leading the pack in BD sales at at about 10k each. This was from a post a week and half ago so the numbers have likely risen since then.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

i hope yugiri uses it as a shuriken to kill that one cop in the last episode.

Oddly violent, but okay

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

Oddly violent, but okay

I mean, he clearly needs a greater appreciation for zombies' social plight.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So who is your favorite? Mine's Lily, naturally. I just want to give her candy and a pat on the head. :3

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

My favorite is the zombies we made along the way.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

doomrider7 posted:

This needs to be made canon. It's too perfect not to be. And yeah my contact from Reddit told me that this show and Gridman are HEAVILY leading the pack in BD sales at at about 10k each. This was from a post a week and half ago so the numbers have likely risen since then.

Holy poo poo it's super rare for my favourite animes of the season to actually be in the top for BD sales, since Japanese tastes (as in, people willing to spend money on anime, mind you) seem to be.... different or just bad judging from prior lists I've seen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dessel posted:

Holy poo poo it's super rare for my favourite animes of the season to actually be in the top for BD sales, since Japanese tastes (as in, people willing to spend money on anime, mind you) seem to be.... different or just bad judging from prior lists I've seen.
Keep in mind there's some things that make more money in ways other than BDs. Straight BD sales are only really a priority for an original anime with no secondary sources of income, which Gridman would fall into, and this would kind of fall into since I doubt they'd have been expecting the CDs to sell much/to put on many or even any concerts.

For something like an adaptation of a game or manga, the bigger priority would be the source material's sales improving. And for something that DOES have a secondary source of income, like Symphogear, where the focus is clearly on selling CDs, that would be the bigger priority.

You can actually see this even with this show, since they didn't just say BD sales, they said 'BD sales, tourism to saga and merch sales, including CDs.' So if something's BDs sell poorly, it's not necessarily a sign of failure.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

People have been calling it the sleeper hit of the season, something like kemono in that it went under the radar and blew up. The music disks were selling fine but the download for the singles were really loving high, stuff like very expensive tours around the areas that the producers based the scenes on were being sold out. I remember reading about some confectionery items that were produced in a local chain down there also selling out nearly instantly and people had to travel to saga to get them. And whats funny, people complained that the things were low in supply and they could expand production elsewhere and make it more available but were completely understanding that it was a way to boost tourism to Saga.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really hope that whoever pushed through the idea of advertising Saga through weird idol anime gets a raise or at least sizable end-of-the-year bonus.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

From the way people were talking about this episode I thought they went with the Sakura-didn't-die-in-the-accident twist but I'm glad they didn't. We were just deliberately kept in the dark about Sakura beyond a brief moment up to her death, and her amnesia covered up the rest.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Argas posted:

From the way people were talking about this episode I thought they went with the Sakura-didn't-die-in-the-accident twist but I'm glad they didn't. We were just deliberately kept in the dark about Sakura beyond a brief moment up to her death, and her amnesia covered up the rest.

Yeah, turns out it was the opposite. Nothing we saw was untrue, and we’ve been seeing everything...from the point the story began, anyway. That’s pretty clever.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Even now, all these episodes in, pretty much every time the camera shows Tae I laugh.

Truly legendary.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The part where Sakura was moping in the park and apathetically tells the cop it's whatever if he shoots her was a little more real than I expected this to get. :smith:

Dessel posted:

Tae being depressed in the corner making a noise when Sakura was rejecting them was hilarious.

...Also those were some extremely detailed rail warnings for some reason.

Considering Sakura's suicidal vibe in the episode, I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to call attention to that.

To put it another way: When a 'normal' person sees a warning like that, they don't even consider it, it's information so irrelevant it just passes through their head without lingering for a moment. The only reason someone would stop to pay that much attention was if they were intending to jump.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 17, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Looking forward to the next episode

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cuntellectual posted:

The part where Sakura was moping in the park and apathetically tells the cop it's whatever if he shoots her was a little more real than I expected this to get. :smith:

Considering Sakura's suicidal vibe in the episode, I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to call attention to that.

To put it another way: When a 'normal' person sees a warning like that, they don't even consider it, it's information so irrelevant it just passes through their head without lingering for a moment. The only reason someone would stop to pay that much attention was if they were intending to jump.

Sakura throws herself under a truck. As always she messes up and now she's immortal :v

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 18, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cygames bringing the crossovers

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1075586588183166977

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Zombie Land Saga x Stein's Gate. fan fic copyright me 2019

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Ep12

Tae contentedly munching on Sakura's head after the performance was my favourite thing

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Saga was saved.
And anime too while they were at it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well they made me watch an Idol anime in full.

And I dare say I enjoyed it, looking forward to S2 and another 12 episodes of Sailor Moon making funny zombie noises.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Saga isn't saved just yet

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the slap heard around the world

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I also love that the tears we saw in the preview was actually drool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the amnesiac sakura stuff went on a bit too long imo but it was an okay ending. probably some of the weakest material in the show but not like, actively bad or anything.

tae really carried it lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

tae really carried it lol

She is legendary after all.

Yeah, this ep felt more like a victory lap, but I enjoyed it. No idea why the CGI looked so choppy though... shouldn't it be easier to give us more frames?

Anyway, super glad people here convinced me to watch this. One of the most enjoyable shows of the season.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1075778058974507017?s=20

Also volume 1 and a volume 2 of the disks are in spot one and two in the sales charts. Absolute zombie victory

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 20, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
No season 2 announcement?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I've almost no doubt that we'll be due one.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Agronox posted:

Anyway, super glad people here convinced me to watch this. One of the most enjoyable shows of the season.

Same. Thanks to everyone in the season thread raving about the show, once I knew what it was really about I was all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://twitter.com/hitsujikoex/status/1075776680227004416

nom nom nom