Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This episode really brings to mind the question "Where is the line between parodying something and just actually doing that thing?"

zombie land saga is the weird al of idol anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I wonder if they are intentionally improving the CG bit by bit and then at the end we're gonna get a Precure ED quality blowout that won't, in fact, look like it was done on MMD

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Captain Cappy posted:

Anime Rule 1: It is never a deconstruction.
Anime Rule 2: Fanservice is never satirical.

isn't there a lot of satire that is satire while also being the thing being satirized (e.g. Edgar Wright)

So can't blatant horniness both be blatantly horny while also be comically so?

Speaking of which good on this show for being relatively light in terms of how horny it is. Then again now that I think about it, in terms of capital I idol shows, they're usually relatively wholesome compared to... the rest of anime. Probably because a lot of it is for kids.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

T-man posted:

My guess? Someone died leaning on the railing. And it'll come up somehow.

Given how much this show is on-point when it comes to Saga that's probably just what the actual rail says

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
IS THERE AN ALBUM ANNOUNCED YET
WHY ISN'T THERE

This show's ultimate messages, I think, are:

1) Whenever possible, never give up (even if you're dead)
2) Idols and idol media aren't necessarily bad, its just that a lot of idol stuff is bad in the same way that a lot of most everything is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
How do stage plays work for musical adaptations usually? Do they cast people who ought to be able to sing? Are we going to see a Franchouchou B Unit?