Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That second episode is making me more confident that this show can keep it up. What a joy this is turning out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah. Looks like a mascot, but also I can't help but look forward to THE LEGENDARY YAMADA TAE undoubtedly trying to eat them.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That was cool and I almost wish she followed through with the sick mic drop.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, I'm going to echo the opinion that the little details have been very good. Going by the previous episodes, I was expecting their own eras to not even get touched, but those were handled really well in this episode instead. At least, they were definitely handled a lot better than I'd have expected.

Demicol posted:

Not sure if I just didn't notice before, but this episode had some gross sound effects when some of the zombies turn their necks.

You're not alone. This is the first I've noticed it and its so gross and so good that they put that in. Honestly, I'm shocked that a zombie idol group with gross noises actually works as well as it does, and it seems pretty popular in Japan as well?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I feel like Yugiri has to be that way, otherwise we'd spend a lot of time explaining stuff.

(Yamada Tae is definitely on another level though. I'm a fan of Saki, but Tae is definitely the best zombie girl.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I was expecting the lightning to strike, but I didn't expect it to hit all of them. That was a fun episode.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

I was mildly amused by Iron Frill getting regular 2D animation whilst the girls are still stuck in 3D.

I did notice the audience member referencing to how stiff the girls are too, and with that scene juxtaposed with the Iron Frill dance I'm guessing it's a deliberate artistic choice beyond just saving budget (not that these can be mutually exclusive either).

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm kind of surprised it was up for discussion anywhere at all. It seems pretty clear that Lily is trans, and there isn't much room to debate that given the very flashbacks in the same episode.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

A sukeban episode is very much my jam. Saki is the best.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 30, 2018

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I've almost no doubt that we'll be due one.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Wow that's actually pretty cool and a nice spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Lily is helping out terfs in the SNP who are one of the better options that we have over here. Lily continues to be great.