Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I completely hadn't seen this series coming and I usually hate idol shows, but I'm loving this. Performances are on point, musical scenes are surreal, and good old zombie physical comedy. I like how it's all somehow improbably wrapped up into a tourism board anime for a middle of nowhere rural prefecture.

My favorite thing so far is how the Legendary Yamada Tae is listed in the credits as voiced by "????".

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well it could be the manner of death, the scene didn't really focus on it because it would be pretty gruesome but by the scar she has on her head it looked like she got a really bad head injury from the accident.

Since we specifically see her head hit the ground without getting a huge gash in it, and she seems to have some sort of memories of being on stage as an idol, my guess is that she actually survived the car accident in the beginning, became a successful idol, and then was killed by an axe to the head or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CrazySalamander posted:

Given that this is a contender for top anime of the season for me, are there other shows (from any point in time)people recommend? Are idol shows usually this good?

I'm generally of the opinion that idol stuff is garbage, but that this is good.

Try Sekkou Boys for another idol group that doesn't have a pulse.

Viridiant posted:

At first I thought the lightning's gimmick was just to give them synthesized voices but a friend just pointed out that the glow plus that actually makes them look a lot like when vocaloids like Hatsune Miku have live concerts.

That'll come in handy when people take a closer look at that magazine article and recognize the legendary Yamada Tae.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 18, 2018