Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Two and a half times. Street fighter IV for PS3 and 3DS, and Street Figher x Tekken for PS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I only need one quarter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
never? i have the manual dexterity of a person who was born with axes instead of hands so i never got into fighting games.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
however I rented a couple of PS1 street fighter games growing up
KoF >>> SF though

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Unfinish3d posted:

KoF >>> SF though
A quick google puts KoF neither in the top franchises of fighting games sold which is kind of impressive considering they have over a dozen of the main games and also over a dozen of the spinoffs, but they don't even have a single title in the top 10

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

I probably bought Street Fighter ten bagillion times. I never liked the Mortal Kombat series after UMK3 and also hated the fact that I couldn't hit back to block.

Woden
May 6, 2006
3 times, I stopped playing when ST came out but 4 and 5 brought me back.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Touche!

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

I have 4 copies of sf2 super turbo. 2 of sfa3. 4 of 3rd strike. Five copies of usf4. And one of sfv. I also bought every copy in between the original release and its final iteration.

Basically I'm what they call a capcuck.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i have a few copies of 4 and all the dlc as well as SFVAE. I'm going back to 4 tho, getting really annoyed with how garbage 5 is.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The only fighting games I've ever bought was Bloody Roar for the GameCube and it ruled

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

A quick google puts KoF neither in the top franchises of fighting games sold which is kind of impressive considering they have over a dozen of the main games and also over a dozen of the spinoffs, but they don't even have a single title in the top 10

KoF is hugely popular in China and Latin America.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The only fighting game I play is Samurai Showdown.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I played SF 2 Turbo back when it was in arcades adn that's it

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Probably about a dozen versions maybe. Full-price for games like Alpha 2/3, as well. Good times, except for the long loading times.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
I have 1x cart of Street Fighter 2 and 2x carts of Street Fighter 2 Turbo for SNES

I'm not sure where they came from or if I paid for them tho

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
None. Best one-on-one fighting game is Way of the Exploding Fist for the ZX Spectrum. None of your stupid special moves and combos, just two equally matched karate experts facing off to see who can score two Yin Yang symbols first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5b8Zhdb7c

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Never because it sucks lol

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Tekken is better, so 0 times.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pawn 17 posted:

The only fighting game I play is Samurai Showdown.

any true player would know its called Samurai Shodown

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rutibex posted:

It's a really underrated series, I love how its approach to 2-D fighting is so much different than similar games.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Rutibex posted:

Oh shi-

*throws smoke bomb and vanishes*

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Never OP I fight on the street for reals

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

There are 22 freakin' Samurai Shodown games

Jubei best fighting game character imo

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
At least I did once but got my aas severely kicked so yeah

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a really underrated series, I love how its approach to 2-D fighting is so much different than similar games.

:hfive:
Samurai Shodown V is one of my favorite fighters. i keep a copy on my tablet with mame (and a bluetooth controller in my bag). its along side Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, SNK vs Capcom, SF Alpha 3, Super SF2 Turbo, and King of Fighter 2003.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I bought SFIV on my PS3 a while back and couldn't kill the first guy. I don't really "get" Street Fighter I guess. I've more used to King of Fighters gameplay (which is vastly superior IMO) and Street Fighter seems weird and dumb. People say you need to invest hundreds of hours to get good, and to me that just screams "badly designed game" which isn't exactly rare for Capcom these days. A good fighting game shouldn't involve such an investment to get good.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Like, I could also invest a ton of time mastering a random Wii shovelware game, but that doesn't make it a form of high art.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Mortal Kombat :smug:

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
street fighter is just a lovely health bar low punch/kick fighter

mortal kombat and dead or alive forever, takes actual skill

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Magius1337est posted:

Do they not have health bars and low kicks?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Magius1337est posted:

Mortal Kombat is more like turn based strategy.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Gorman posted:

There are 22 freakin' Samurai Shodown games

Jubei best fighting game character imo

I played hawk girl on the first one, people didn't really seem able to counter he slide across the groudn thing, I looked up the figher rankings later on when those things existed and apparently the French one with the rapier is the best one.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

raton posted:

I played hawk girl on the first one, people didn't really seem able to counter he slide across the groudn thing, I looked up the figher rankings later on when those things existed and apparently the French one with the rapier is the best one.

I used to play as this guy

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I put a quarter into some later version of Street Fighter in a throwback arcade maybe five years ago and beat up the computer a little bit then an Asian guy put in a quarter and picked Ryu the match was okay for a while but in that version Ryu could do rapid fire fireballs more or less continually. I didn't know how to counter it at all because it didn't seem possible to jump through them like you could back in Turbo. Anyway he won that match and then the second match he just started throwing fireballs again and I just held back to block and said "I don't know how to counter those, so you can either take a free win or we can have an actual fight. Anyway he took the free win and that's why Harvard doesn't let in very many Asians relative to their application strength.

raton fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 13, 2018

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Three times op.

SF2 for SNES (the best)
SF2 that came with my SNES Classic console

And now for the combo move that will leave you dizzy before I roll-toss you...

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo for PlayStation.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FactsAreUseless posted:

i dont think ive ever played any of them whats so different.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

Seemed like the same poo poo to me but maybe he's an expert or whatever

Woden
May 6, 2006

raton posted:

I liked Tam Tam in the first one, he wasn't very good but neither were my friends so it didn't really matter.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Your fierce attacks sometimes did like half their health bar in damage, so instead of trying to get combos and poo poo you could just fish for a king hit.

Woden fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
We went to a Dairy Queen that had a bowling alley and arcade attached after little league games. I’d play my teammates at the arcade and pin them in a corner and roundhouse them all until I won the match.

Being a cheap street fighter player was a childhood highlight

• Locked thread