Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Few things are as fun to say as yoga fire

Yoga flame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Repeat as needed.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've only bought SFV and I'm not really good at it. After SF II, fighting games got too complicated.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

lizardman posted:

Hey I just discovered the Street Fighter II saturday morning cartoon that aired on the USA network in the 90s is on Amazon streaming!

I couldn't help but run through some episodes and mention some "highlights":

• Blanka sounds exactly like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget.

• Chun-Li looks like Carmen Electra

• They gave Akuma the voice of a snobby British aristocrat

• There's a scene where Sagat and Zangief are discussing things in an executive office and of course they are dressed in their familiar fighting outfits because cartoon characters always wear the same thing. So these guys are having a meeting in this white-collar environment while being almost naked.

• There's a whole episode dedicated to Final Fight! Ryu and Ken costar, understandably, but I would have loved it so much if they didn't feature the Street Fighter II characters at all and just had a stand-alone Final Fight story without any explanation.
  • Dee Jay running out of an elevator and shrinking himself to avoid getting shot by some fatass with a laser pistol.

• Bison trolling Cammy by forging some footage of them as a couple or some poo poo and she smashes the console running away screaming EVERYTHING IS LIES!

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

We Know Catheters posted:

I've only bought SFV and I'm not really good at it. After SF II, fighting games got too complicated.

Play Cammy and then hit any button.

You're ready for the majors now, champ.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know how Capcom got my address but they sent me a VHS tape letting me know SF2 was coming to the snes. I am thinking Nintendo Power had something to do with it.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Once. Then Tekken came out, and blew my mind. Couldn't even think of going back to Street Fighter after Tekken 2.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Twelve Batmans posted:

Play Cammy and then hit any button.

You're ready for the majors now, champ.

Cammy is dull and it's too difficult to do air dive kicks

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

We Know Catheters posted:

Cammy is dull and it's too difficult to do air dive kicks

Hey fucker I didn't tell you'd it be fun. Just that it'd win.

But you are right Cammy is really barebones and I have no idea why anyone likes her oh yea her tits nevermind.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
When I started playing SFV online I won like my 7 first fights in a row... as Cammy. Are you telling me I picked the strongest character and it wasn't all my skill??!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Marmaduke! posted:

When I started playing SFV online I won like my 7 first fights in a row... as Cammy. Are you telling me I picked the strongest character and it wasn't all my skill??!

Try your skill with me and Ken in SFA2 nothing can defeat my endeavor, unless it is this little kid who's mom let him loose for at least 8 hours a day. He would plunk down and not say a word.

I should be honest. We got free games and he was a chatty 'lil bastard.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 20, 2018

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
:nws:gently caress:nws:

Woden
May 6, 2006

Marmaduke! posted:

After struggling forever to stay in silver with Mika I swapped to Abigail and won 20 matches in a row and went straight to gold.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lizardman posted:

• There's a whole episode dedicated to Final Fight! Ryu and Ken costar, understandably, but I would have loved it so much if they didn't feature the Street Fighter II characters at all and just had a stand-alone Final Fight story without any explanation.

Holy poo poo that final fight episode.
Cody's voice is like if Matt Dillon had a stroke.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-AecN1pkJU

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 20, 2018

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MrQwerty posted:

Edit:

This, um, is not the actual voice overs.

But maybe it should have been.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I nwvwe saw this cartoon but it looks good

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Think about how amazing Soul Calibur is. It's fun to play with your friends too, because it's a very beginner friendly game. But you instead decide to play Street Fighter 5 which requires 50 hours of experience. What a piece of loving garbage.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Not counting the SNES mini, three times, OP

SF2
SF2T
SSF2

All on the SNES. They might have been bought for me at my request, though, I don't remember exactly

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OP I love street fighter but unfortunately I’m not autistic and I also have kids so I don’t have the time to practice counting frames for hours on end

I’m on team dhalsim though

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Not counting the SNES mini, three times, OP
oh yeah i bought someone an snes classic too. add it to my ledger

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I have never played street fighter.

I played Ryu once in Smash Bros, though. Does that count?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I have never played street fighter.

I played Ryu once in Smash Bros, though. Does that count?

yes if a game has ryu or any other character with a fireball/dragon punch then it is street fighter

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

none

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Rutibex posted:

yes if a game has ryu or any other character with a fireball/dragon punch then it is street fighter

Oh in that case I played 2 street fighters, Smash Bros and Asuras Wrath.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Oh in that case I played 2 street fighters, Smash Bros and Asuras Wrath.

That's like at least a brown belt in street fighters

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 24, 2018

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
The most money spent: arcades when they were new. There was lots of fighting game fans in Fresno, even if it meant risking going to Blackbeard’s on a busy weekend night. The Neon Arcade was the poo poo though; 11 tokens for a dollar!

The first SNES release was like 80 bucks in 1993 brand new. Eight characters, no mirror matches unless you could put in the code. C4A46767 on the Super Game Genie for air moves. Owned so hard to play SF2 st home.

Ex plus Alpha was fun as hell, bought that and still have a copy somewhere. Got the PS1 Alpha 3 and unlocked everything. Played countless hours of Third Strike, including lots of great games with goon Auritech.

SF4 Arcade Edition was fun. I played casually and had fun with Sagat. Overall I’d say Third Strike is the most fun of them, mostly when bouncing people off Aegis Reflector and doing the power-taunt in a banana hammock. That is peak video gaming sir.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

MrQwerty posted:

Edit:

haha balrog is using the computer wearing his boxing gloves.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Street Fighter 3 was dumb because it didn't have Ken, Street Fighter 4/5 are dumb because they still have Ryu/Ken and they're easily 60% of the characters you fight online.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
street fighter alpha 3 upper was the best. the sf2 and sfa characters finally all together and with a crazy number of options
pretty sure the only non handheld version is unlockable on street fighter alpha anthology (ps2)

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"how many times have you not bought street fighter?"

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Always confused the hrck out of me as a kid that my sfii cart had 8 guys and my friends carts might have had 10 or 12 guys

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

scott zoloft posted:

Always confused the hrck out of me as a kid that my sfii cart had 8 guys and my friends carts might have had 10 or 12 guys

There are so many street fighters it’s hard to keep track of the dang things

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I bought a bootleg copy of Street Fighter II on PC from a friend in elementary school for five dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDV_IyNaEdQ

The MIDI music was deafening, and Dhalsim was broken beyond repair. The characters would jump so high they'd go off-screen. But it didn't really matter at the time because it was Street Fighter II you could play at home.

Eventually the kids mom found out he was selling bootleg PC games at school, and she made him give me the five bucks back.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Woden posted:

Street Fighter 3 was dumb because it didn't have Ken, Street Fighter 4/5 are dumb because they still have Ryu/Ken and they're easily 60% of the characters you fight online.

Third Strike added Ken, Chun, and a hot boyish girl.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Extra Large Marge posted:

The MIDI music was deafening, and Dhalsim was broken beyond repair. The characters would jump so high they'd go off-screen. But it didn't really matter at the time because it was Street Fighter II you could play at home.

PC master race

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

I bought a bootleg copy of Street Fighter II on PC from a friend in elementary school for five dollars.

Eventually the kids mom found out he was selling bootleg PC games at school, and she made him give me the five bucks back.
Lol I had this, so messed up. I sure discovered dhalsim being the best though!!!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

lizardman posted:

You know, the Street Fighter movie is actually pretty underrated, I'd say. It's cheesy, sure, but that's what it was aiming for and it's definitely a watchable live-action cartoon geared mostly for kids. Jean Claude Van Damme looks surprisingly good in blonde, Raul Julia chews the scenery, Ming Na Wen kicks rear end and looks really cute in those hair buns, you've got Kylie Minogue (!!!) as Cammy, somehow they were able to find Zangief's exact real-life doppelganger, and I really got to hand it to the writers for being able to effectively insert all those playable characters in the movie.

"I am going to keeck that sahn of a beetch Bison's rear end so HARDT that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it!"

It's watchable, but so many loving guns, some more hand to hand would have helped.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

I had this port, it came with a CD with the original Street Fighter and the 2 Megaman DOS games.

Looking back the SF2 port was pretty bad but at least it was playable at the time in an era where no one cared about good arcade conversions. The Street Fighter 1 port was total dogshit and unplayable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ach7ekDFVSo

Bleh, I don't think I could ever beat a single opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Original_Z posted:

The Street Fighter 1 port was total dogshit and unplayable.

:shh: Street Fighter I is unplayable to begin with.

• Locked thread