Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Greetings creatures, it is that time of year again! Impact Wrestling presents its flagship event: Bound For Glory.
Coming to you on October 14th (this Sunday), live from the sold out Melrose Ballroom in New York City.

EDIT: Click on the match participants to check out that specific feud's YT playlist.

Matt Sydal & Ethan Page vs Rich Swann & Willie Mack

Matt Sydal is reborn. Matt Sydal is enlightened. Matt Sydal lost his X-Division title at Slammiversary XVI. Ever since, he's just been trying to guide others onto the path of enlightenment, but man, people just don't seem to want to open their third eye. Case in point - Rich Swann, who stubbornly refuses to accept help in reaching the X-Division title nirvana. Well now Sydal and his fellow "third eye illuminati" Ethan Page are surely going to guide him into a turnbuckle, when they face off in a tag-team match... That is unless WILLIE MACK has something to say about that, as he is going to be Swann's tag team partner.

Allie goes to the Undead Realm

Su Yung is the sole reason that Demonbunny are separated. She took Rosemary out in a coffin and from that point on Allie hasn't been the same. Can you blame her though? It really looks like she can't put an end to Su Yung's reign of terror - poor Keira being the latest victim. Allie has nothing left to lose but to journey on to the Undead Realm, and who better to guide her on to the other side then JAMES MITCHELL himself? Will she really risk everything to rescue Keira Hogan from the Undead Bride?

Eddie Edwards vs Moose

Eddie hasn't had the greatest of times lately: Sami Callihan almost smashing his skull in; Tommy Dreamer stopping Eddie from smashing Sami's skull in; Alisha Edwards stopping Eddie from smashing Tommy's skull in. And just when it seemed like things were under control, Eddie's friend Douche, ehm, Moose aligned himself with Austin Aries and Killer Kross and stabbed him in the back. IT'S TOTALLY FINE THOUGH BECAUSE EDDIE'S GOT KENNY THE KENDO STICK!... And you know Moose is gonna get his after he messed with Eddie's wife Alisha.

Eli Drake's New York Open Challenge

I'm gonna let the man talk to ya:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1qgm0DMIQY

oVe (Dave Crist, Jake Crist & Sami Callihan) vs Brian Cage, Fénix & Pentagón Jr.
oVe rules match

Sami Callihan just wanted to reenact his favorite scene from "The Gladiator", but all those people kept getting in the way of his fists. And baseball bats. And chairs. Usually it's not a problem, especially with the Crist brothers by his side, but those pesky luchadors seemed to be just that one step ahead. It was probably that lucha magic - what else would explain that loss to Pentagon Jr at Slammiversary XVI? And sure, getting his head shaved was bad, but it would all be ok after Pentagon and his brother Fenix were destroyed. But nooooooooo, that lunkhead X-Division champ Brian Cage had to stick his ridiculously jacked body where it doesn't belong. Thumbs down to that. There's only one way to get rid of those three, and that's "oVe rules" match. People are going to fly. People are going to bleed. Maybe both at the same time, idk.

Tessa Blanchard (c) vs Taya Valkyrie
Impact Knockouts Championship match

While she stumbled a bit after her debut, Tessa Blanchard's absolute tear through the Knockouts Division culminating in a title match and a title win at ReDefined was undeniable. Not Allie, not Keira, not that lunatic Su Yung, nor the current AAA Reina de Reinas Faby Apache were able to stop The Buzz-saw... Enter the longest reigning Reina de Reinas champion, the woman who faced Rosemary and lived to tell the tale - Taya Valkyrie. Taya thinks she can be the one to crush the diamond, but Tessa's like "SCREW YOU!". This could turn ugly in the best possible way.

LAX (Santana, Ortiz & Konnan) vs The OGz (Hernandez, Homicide & King)
Concrete jungle death match

Listen, the streets know that Konnan is an old dog that needs to be put down. King is the future. That's why he called that hit on Konnan, forgetting that Konnan is also a tough bastard that refuses to stay down. Even then, if those two young bitches Ortiz & Santana would've listened, this all could've been avoided... Nothing is ever that easy on the streets though, and now blood is going to be spilled in this bitter turf war when the current Impact Tag Team champions Ortiz, Santana and their leader Konnan take on Hernandez, "The Notorious 187" Homicide and King. Oh, and did I mention it's going to be a "concrete jungle" death match? This is gonna be some Worldstar level type poo poo, holmes.

Austin Aries (c) vs Johnny Impact
Impact World Championship match

Making enemies and winning titles go hand in hand when you're Austin Aries. Problem is, sometimes one of those enemies wants one of those titles, and things get heated. That's exactly what happened here - Johnny Impact has had his sights set on the Impact World Title ever since coming to Impact Wrestling and now finally the time has come. Aries isn't letting that belt out of his hands without a fight though, especially since he doesn't think Johnny Nobody deserves it. Is it Johnny's time to shine? Will Austin be the winner #andstill the Impact World champion? Aries says that Moose and Kross are going to stay in the back, but can you trust a vegan?

There you have it - the complete (as of 10.11.2018) card. We might also get an Abyss appearance considering he's being inducted (which might will be streamed live this Saturday starting at 8 PM ET on Twitch):

If you feel like it, there's a handy preview show, also Impact's YouTube channel got a ton of highlights from each episode (LAX / OGz promos and oVe stuff is always a good bet), or alternatively watch Slammiversary XVI and ReDefined to get the feel for the current vibe. Bound For Glory will be streaming live on fite.tv for $40 (it's also available as a regular PPV too, I guess).

And yeah, it's a steep price, but if you're looking for some fun wrestling, storylines that don't insult your intelligence and no Saudi involvement, this could be something worth checking out.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

TV Zombie posted:

I feel like Allie's segment could be done an a Impact episode unless it leads to a match immediately on the ppv.

Callis and Matthews mentioned a face-off, but the segment with Mitchell made it look like it might be one of the "cinematic" segments. It also established James Mitchell as an employee of hell as canon.

In other news:

Additionally, Impact posted their BFG cold open:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wE86AKGWu4

EDIT:

Sugar Blaster posted:

So if the Jericho rumors are true he's gonna be the guy to answer the open challenge since he was born in New York, right?

Oh drat he actually was, I didn't realize that.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 13, 2018

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Mitchell is killing it at the induction ceremony.

EDIT: lmao, the battery in the camera died and there went the stream.

EDIT 2: Austin Aries crashes the end of the ceremony, talks up Abyss and then transitions into a "shoot" on Johnny & Taya. Ends with a panicked Scott D'Amore telling the camera guy to cut the feed. That was aight.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateMistyWatercressBloodTrail

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 14, 2018

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

abraham linksys posted:

please refer to this show by its full name, Bound For Glory presented by COMDA.com, using the official hashtag #BFGCOMDA

seriously

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/1051517045278461953

Callis gotta run his hat reseller side-hustle somehow?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/Lady_Scarlett13/status/1051530142395326464

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/mckenzienmitch/status/1051611945525268480

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1051601040494252032

https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/1051616200759889920

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I love Willie Mack.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yeahhh, this is good.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

holy poo poo that moonsault

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Mackenzie's disgusted reactions to Moose are always great.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

"are those The Moosettes?"

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

RealFoxy posted:

I woke up late, what did I miss in the first hour

A really good Tessa vs Taya match.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Writer Cath posted:

I really like Meth Shield.

:same:

EugeneJ posted:

"The Mexican" Fenix

:laffo:

"The MexiKing"

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I appreciate that everyone's trying to kill themselves for my money.

Edit: the crowd is loving bloodthirsty, too.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 15, 2018

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Allie The Vampire Slayer!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

oh ok this is going all in

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

YAAAAAY

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I know Aries is an rear end in a top hat, but he's just so good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I legit do not know if that Aries stuff is a work or not. Show was fun, even if bumpy.

Writer Cath posted:

I want Austin Aries and Low Ki to feud forever in a wrestling company that nobody watches.

Is Aries going to MLW?

• Locked thread