Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I need to redo my Battlefield emblem

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

Lmao I tried it and he rules

I love how excited he gets about killing people with the dog in Nomad’s training lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

plus, battlefront 2 was a huge flop because of the bad loot boxes perception

so everyones backing off right now

I know I’m probably the only person in this forum dumb enough to have bought Battlefront 2 so for those who aren’t aware, your progression in MP was literally lootbox-based. You improved your classes by equipping star cards with new abilities or bonuses, which weren’t really any different than equipping perks or new gadgets in any other create-a-class mode. But the number of cards you could equip on a class was based on your class level. Your class level was purely based on how many cards you had for that class. The only way to get cards was in loot boxes.

A few months ago they completely redid it to a standard XP-based system, where you just bought whichever cards you wanted with skill points earned by leveling up, but that was like 6 months after launch. I think lootboxes were removed entirely.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Man, everybody’s so good at this game already. I’m struggling to stay above 0.5 while every match has at least two people who are 8.0 or more

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

KD counts assists as well as kills now so in team modes 8.0 isn't as high as it looks. As for your 0.5.....

edit: are you on ps4? feel free to add me at mattnotgeorge if you are, i really want blackout buddies

No, I’m on Xbox. Going to play solo until I learn not to embarrass myself. I think I just need to learn the maps, I don’t know any of them yet and I mainly just turn around a corner and get owned immediately without even a chance to return fire

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve enjoyed all the Battlefield games I’ve played and put a lot of time into BF1 but I was supremely bored by the BF5 beta. That’s less because of the gameplay mechanics, which were fine, and more because the Rotterdam map was awful but if that’s the one they put in their open beta I’m not feeling too hot about the full game (although another school of thought is that they put it in the beta because they knew it needed improvement). It’s definitely something I’m going to rent first instead of buying right away.

Meanwhile I had completely written off BO4 before its release because of the lack of story, BR mode, focus on zombies, I think I was the only person in the world that didn’t care for BO3, etc, but caved and bought it anyway after positive feedback in this forum and I actually ended up loving it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Battery’s starting to become my favorite even though I’d written her off after the training mission and only picked her because the rest of my team had already picked all the heroes I usually play as. Her gear’s so good at clearing rooms and taking out people shooting out of windows or those guys that peek around a corner, fire a few shots, then duck back behind the corner and repeat.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's been
one week since you looked at me
dropped your eyes to the side and said
"ps4 exclusivity"

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Oh good, this game has a one-hit kill sniper rifle that you can put ACOGs and holo sights on too :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Blackout’s really good but I wish the map was a little bigger because sometimes it feels a little too fast-paced. No matter where you land there’s always 3 other people dropping right on top of you. It’s the only BR where I’ve managed to die before even finding a gun, and I managed to do that twice in a row Friday because somebody else beat me to the first building I landed next to, got the gun first, and was waiting for me

• Locked thread