Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Giants are hilariously bad. Barkley is stupidly good and deserves better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

how did the panthers not boat race that team?

oh yeah because rivera took his foot off the gas in the third quarter and they don't throw past the tens anymore

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The giants are really bad

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm glad the Eagles won.

Not really much to complain about from that game except Barkley is hard to tackle/very good.

Oh wait I forgot how horrifying our o line was. That was bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Transcripts of Mike Francesca's obituary for the Giants season https://www.nj.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/22af26fc0c254/nothing-left-here-for-eli-mann.html

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

As much as I believe no one should read or listen to Francesca in 2018 this made me wonder:

quote:

"I've been an Eli guy all along. He's had a wonderful career here. There is nothing left for him here now. This is a bad team with a bad offensive line and they are going nowhere this year. If you bring him back next year, you are going to have to rebuild around here. To do that for the short-term, I don't even know if that makes sense anymore. It probably doesn't on the last year of his contract. The best thing he could do is go hook up with some team that maybe he could help. Sit and wait if somebody gets hurt."

If Eli happened to be cut today and free to go wherever how many team would bite? There are probably some that should, but is that number like, 5 or 2 or....less than either of those numbers? I guess if we make this a thought exercise and just erase Eli from the Giants roster like he'd never been there the Giants should be one of the teams looking to sign him.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
This is NFL Week 6, OP.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's a bunch of teams with young qbs that won't develop or survive (Tennessee, Houston, Tampa) where he could probably do pretty well but they'd never pull that trigger.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

ulmont posted:

This is NFL Week 6, OP.

Urgh, Athanatos? Help a man out....

Also lol a OBJ headbutting a fan

https://streamable.com/vekkt

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Can we like a poll or a contest betting on what inanimate object a Giants receiver will attack next week?

Trash can

Bench

Grass

Helmet

Eli Manning

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

Can we like a poll or a contest betting on what inanimate object a Giants receiver will attack next week?

Trash can

Bench

Grass

Helmet

Eli Manning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRzOK0YUVfs

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
even if the O-Line works, that defense.. yikes. poo poo, I think the defense from the SBXXV squad would be an upgrade if they all dressed up to play in 2018.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Just popping by to say Saquon Barkley is god

I hope he's not doomed like Barry Sanders to play on a mediocre team for his entire career.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

FizFashizzle posted:

how did the panthers not boat race that team?

oh yeah because rivera took his foot off the gas in the third quarter and they don't throw past the tens anymore

*underarmor voice*

WE NEED TO PROTECT THIS LEAD

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Saquon Barkley actually playing up to his draft position!

Shame about the rest of his team, though.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Komet posted:

Just popping by to say Saquon Barkley is god

I hope he's not doomed like Barry Sanders to play on a mediocre team for his entire career.

ha ha ha hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know how to tell you this but the Giants are checking all the 90's Lions boxes

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1050771974270709760

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
The Giants loving suck, Saquon looks like a potential HoF player and yet we still shouldn't have drafted him there with the needs this team has.

Eli is loving unwatchable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

As much as I believe no one should read or listen to Francesca in 2018 this made me wonder:

If Eli happened to be cut today and free to go wherever how many team would bite? There are probably some that should, but is that number like, 5 or 2 or....less than either of those numbers? I guess if we make this a thought exercise and just erase Eli from the Giants roster like he'd never been there the Giants should be one of the teams looking to sign him.
Denver

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Saquon Barkley actually playing up to his draft position!

Shame about the rest of his team, though.

Yeah, it's kind of funny to get the high end result of Barkley and still proving the stat nerds right.

Even if he turns out to be Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders, a home run at RB doesn't make a team good if the other pieces are a total mess.

Though the giants are so bad that they might actually stumble into a top overall QB draft pick anyway, which may give them an escape hatch.

Eli is so cooked though,

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1050781317414162437

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Honestly if Barkley produces at the level that he does for the next 4 years on his rookie contract and the Giants can draft pieces around him the following year (mainly a QB and a line that doesn't suck which probably won't happen in 1 draft), then I don't think the pick is wasted.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's kind of funny to get the high end result of Barkley and still proving the stat nerds right.

Even if he turns out to be Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders, a home run at RB doesn't make a team good if the other pieces are a total mess.

Though the giants are so bad that they might actually stumble into a top overall QB draft pick anyway, which may give them an escape hatch.

Eli is so cooked though,

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1050781317414162437

I like Barnwell's reply

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1050782930488967168

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Honestly if Barkley produces at the level that he does for the next 4 years on his rookie contract and the Giants can draft pieces around him the following year (mainly a QB and a line that doesn't suck which probably won't happen in 1 draft), then I don't think the pick is wasted.

Yeah, it just requires a pretty difficult sequence of events.

The Giants had to suck this bad this season so that they get rid of Eli and have the draft position to get a top rookie QB. A great RB can help a QB develop, but it's no sure thing (just look at Dak or all the shmucks the Vikings tried to pair with All Day).

Then they need to draft most of a competent offensive line over the next two drafts, which okay, they've got a solid LT, so the hard part's done there.

And somewhere in the next two years, they also need to improve their defense, which mostly is going to be shedding a bunch of super expensive free agents from two years ago that regressed after a good 2016 and replacing them with... something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I turned the game on when the score was 14-3 and watched through halftime at which I don't think Eli threw the ball further then like 10 yards downfield and had some of the slowest moving WR screen passes I've ever seen in there.

Like dang man, I'm kind of annoyed I missed on some sweet Barkley runs (that one where he kinda half leapfrogs over a dude shoulder tackling him is amazing.)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

If the Giants end up drafting in the top 5 and can take a QB and they can sign a couple of veteran OL in the off-season(There's a ton available as of right now), Barkley/Engram/Beckham/Shepherd is the kind of skill grouping that allows a rookie QB to succeed right away.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Trade Eli for Fitzpatrick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Making my prediction in a week 6 NFL aftermath thread.

The Giants will draft Drew Lock.

Which is a shame for both the Giants and Drew Lock.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

CyberPingu posted:

Urgh, Athanatos? Help a man out....

Also lol a OBJ headbutting a fan

https://streamable.com/vekkt

I was really hoping to see OBJ headbutting someone wearing his jersey while asking for an autograph.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Imagine if the Giants drafted as well as the Browns is a weird thought but its where we are now

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

Making my prediction in a week 6 NFL aftermath thread.

The Giants will draft Drew Lock.

Which is a shame for both the Giants and Drew Lock.

It probably wouldn't be that bad if he got to sit, but lol at that happening

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I know nothing about Kyle Lauletta, but I don't see anyone talking about playing him. Is he so bad that it's laughable to think he might be an improvement? They drafted him in like the 4th, right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

the mean lunch lady posted:

It probably wouldn't be that bad if he got to sit, but lol at that happening

Theres no reason to sit anyone anymore. Throw your 1st round to the wolves because the wolves arent allowed to touch them and defenses will give up 281 yards even to the shittiest QB in the league

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Jivesauce posted:

I know nothing about Kyle Lauletta, but I don't see anyone talking about playing him. Is he so bad that it's laughable to think he might be an improvement? They drafted him in like the 4th, right?

The backup is Alex Tanney who has thrown about 15 passes in 8 years in the league. They cut their 3rd round QB

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Giants should load up on OL next year and punt QB toward 2020

2019 QB class, not great

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

2019 QB class, not great

Or they could sign Kaep right now and be competitive next year.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Barudak posted:

Or they could sign Kaep right now and be competitive next year.

You know they won't.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

You know they won't.

Of course, but Im just saying if they genuinely wanted to win now there is an actual no fooling way for them to do it and pick up a super high draft pick this season and send off Eli.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dear Giants fans thinking Dave Gettleman will spend money or take a chance,

Get your drinking livers ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I think you guys are ignoring the fact that last draft's QB class was considered a potentially historic crop while by all accounts the next crop is very underwhelming. For gently caress's sake Justin Herbert is the number 1 prospect at the moment, right? It makes the Saquon pick worse.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

2019 QB class, not great

Ok so we're not ignoring it I guess, missed this post.

• Locked thread