Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I remember him well from UF. He regularly disappeared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I want this to be a banner they unroll for the first Vegas game.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

he averaged less than 5 yards a passing attempt, which is mindblowingly bad even for a guy who checks down half the time anyway. Fuckin Gruden, man.

Best thing to happen to the rest of the AFC West in a long time.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't actually been able to watch a Raiders game yet, how much of that is on Carr and how much of it is the fact that Jon Gruden replaced all the young Talent on the team with geriatrics?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
What happened to the Jaguars?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Carr may just be trying to get traded

I think the word you are looking for is cut.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Flikken posted:

The Chiefs shook Bortles.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Flikken posted:

Well injuries, same as the Colts but no one expected the Colts to be good.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

C-Euro posted:

Bengals lose Panthers lose Jags currently losing, thank gently caress Detroit didn't play this week.

Cat teams I’m so disappointed in you.

Also how the gently caress did the Eagles lose to the Titans and gently caress you Fitzmagic for being godlike and then turning into a potato after he played the Eagles.

In other news the NFC East is back baby aroo.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

I haven't actually been able to watch a Raiders game yet, how much of that is on Carr and how much of it is the fact that Jon Gruden replaced all the young Talent on the team with geriatrics?

The problem Carr has is that he never got over the broken leg he suffered a couple years ago mentally, so what he does now is that he throws a shitload of checkdowns. He's always been a volume passer, but he straight up bails out on plays before they really develop and sometimes doesn't even bother looking for his other options, even when the protection is good and there's an open man downfield. The Raiders' o-line is banged up but they're still a good unit, and on paper their WR corp is supposed to be decent. Dude's just mentally cooked right now and it's getting worse, not better.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/BuffRumblings/status/1051560214326124547

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Just got back from Wembley. My god is our offence appalling. There's literally nothing there. It's just run up the middle, run on the outside, run up the middle. Over. and over. and over again. The only really positive offensive play came with the pass to Cooper in the first half, which was called back for yet another penalty. Beyond that there was maybe a handful of throws to Cook/Bryant that went anyway but really it was just poo poo all over. The defense is not even on the field, cannot stop anything and Seattle could run through us like tissue paper. Fire Gruden, disband the team, start again in Vegas. There's really nothing else we can do.

The Seahawks fans are amazing. I'm not sure if it came through on TV (I'd be amazed if it didn't) but they were incredibly loud. In no way was it a Raiders home game - walking in the stadium I thought the jersey count was roughly even but as early as the first drive you could tell they vastly outnumbered us. Super loud, and created an atmosphere I've never heard at Wembley in any format of football.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Raiders seriously might have the #1 pick at the rate they're going. They might scrape together a couple more wins but they're playing absolutely godawful across the board.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Gruden seems like the kind of guy who should've stayed quit. The game has passed him by and he managed to get a SB and an ok reputation along with it. But had that itch and had to come back. And now everyone will know he was bad.

Bill Cowher is a similar type of guy who was smart enough to not try to come back.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1051614037606367232?s=21

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
gently caress this team

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Flikken posted:

they're just bad and lucked into a 10-6 record last year tbh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Ravens had a shutout today unassisted by turnovers or missed field goals. According to my sources this has only happened 16 times in the entire history of the NFL.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Just got back from Wembley. My god is our offence appalling. There's literally nothing there. It's just run up the middle, run on the outside, run up the middle. Over. and over. and over again. The only really positive offensive play came with the pass to Cooper in the first half, which was called back for yet another penalty. Beyond that there was maybe a handful of throws to Cook/Bryant that went anyway but really it was just poo poo all over. The defense is not even on the field, cannot stop anything and Seattle could run through us like tissue paper. Fire Gruden, disband the team, start again in Vegas. There's really nothing else we can do.

The Seahawks fans are amazing. I'm not sure if it came through on TV (I'd be amazed if it didn't) but they were incredibly loud. In no way was it a Raiders home game - walking in the stadium I thought the jersey count was roughly even but as early as the first drive you could tell they vastly outnumbered us. Super loud, and created an atmosphere I've never heard at Wembley in any format of football.

That's cool! I've been to Wembley for a few NFL games and they've been mostly neutral affairs with nowhere near the fan noise you hear from stateside games. Always a really good atmosphere though!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens D pitches 2 shutouts in 6 games, loses to the mighty Browns

To be clear I don't blame the defense for that

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Finger Prince posted:

That's cool! I've been to Wembley for a few NFL games and they've been mostly neutral affairs with nowhere near the fan noise you hear from stateside games. Always a really good atmosphere though!

They were really goddamn loud. The players did their part though - on every punt/kickoff the Seahawks players would run into the end zone and hype up the crowd. Nothing like that on the Raiders side.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Ravens' defense is a lot of fun to watch this year, gotta say. They sacked Mariota 11 times and snuffed out any other attempt the Titans had at mounting an offense, Their secondary is pretty fuckin good too. They might be the best team in the AFC North if Flacco stays steady and their health holds up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't blame Jaguars fans for being upset because they did the exact same loving thing the Bengals did last year. They had a massive, glaring issue (17 bengals it was the o'line for the 18 Jags it's QB) and they did gently caress all to address it.

That said saying they're bad is idiotic. They've been bitten pretty hard by the injury bug but they still have the League's best defense. They're still pretty much an automatic loss for my team and probably a whole bunch of others.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Durandal1707 posted:

The Ravens' defense is a lot of fun to watch this year, gotta say. They sacked Mariota 11 times and snuffed out any other attempt the Titans had at mounting an offense, Their secondary is pretty fuckin good too. They might be the best team in the AFC North if Flacco stays steady and their health holds up.

Even after losing today I'd still say Cincinnati is the top team. Maybe Pittsburhg is finding itself a little. Ravens running game is a major problem.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/benstonium/status/1051547628960399361?s=21

Dipshit fuckin idiot dirty player trash fanbase dumpster franchise. get pig aids

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Even after losing today I'd still say Cincinnati is the top team. Maybe Pittsburhg is finding itself a little. Ravens running game is a major problem.

is it though? you are the dude always screaming about the ravens not understanding modern offense. why do they need to run the ball? teams only really run when they are leading anyway and they did a fine job of grinding the clock out.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

That said saying they're bad is idiotic. They've been bitten pretty hard by the injury bug but they still have the League's best defense. They're still pretty much an automatic loss for my team and probably a whole bunch of others.
Trust me: they don't

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1051617133988376582

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

is it though? you are the dude always screaming about the ravens not understanding modern offense. why do they need to run the ball? teams only really run when they are leading anyway and they did a fine job of grinding the clock out.

We don't need to run the ball. But our passing game isn't quite strong enough to be able to carry a game itself with no help from the running game at all. There are teams that can do it. But we're not quite there. That's not to say they are a bad passing offense! Just not good enough to carry the entire load.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The leagues best defense doesn't give up 40 points to the cowboys and I don't care what evidence you can provide me that says otherwise

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Just got back from a wedding in Dublin and hearing how much the Irish hate him was entertaining

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I thought the "Mariota got sacked 11 times" was hilarious hyperbole until I saw the box score.

:wtc:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

The leagues best defense doesn't give up 40 points to the cowboys and I don't care what evidence you can provide me that says otherwise
cosigned

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Your defense can only do so much when the offense is giving you the shittiest field position imaginable.

Same thing happened last week. It's a credit to them that KC didn't score more.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

giving up 40 to own the libs

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Caveat: I spent the time the Jaguars spent playing their last game grocery shopping and cooking a calzone.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Football is a trash sport for trash people which is why I encourage you all to join me in following a true sport with good teams, that's right, I'm talking about curling.

Also, fire Dean Pees.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ghost Dog posted:

The Titans also weren't any threat to score for most of the game anyway, so grinding out even inefficient yardage isn't the worst thing in the world anyway as long as the clock keeps moving.

Cinci got banged up hard today and they always lose against the Steelers, so it's hard to believe them. Pittsburgh does seem like they're figuring things out but their defense still strikes me as being extremely iffy, even if the offense looks like it's gotten untracked. The Ravens are just really solid, I think. If their health holds up I really don't see why they shouldn't at least be a wild card team.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Cash Monet posted:

Your defense can only do so much when the offense is giving you the shittiest field position imaginable.

Same thing happened last week. It's a credit to them that KC didn't score more.
they gave up 17 points in quarter and a half, that's on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hockey is my second favorite sport. Apparently there's some deep, dank part of me that has a seething hatred of healthy, mobile 60 year olds.

• Locked thread