Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

A Hero of Our Time is good as hell and it's incredible that a shithole like Imperial Russia produced, like, a significant percentage of all truly great world literature in like 15 years between 1827 and 1842

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Doctor Faustine posted:

Like half of the classics are “genre fiction, but old.” Get over yourself.

I'm sure this opinion is based on a thorough study of The Classics

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Doctor Faustine posted:

I have a master’s degree in English and my particular area of study is Romantic and Victorian British lit, so kinda yes.

Aww geez, that must of been awful for you

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

vandalism posted:

I've had a few, I suppose. I feel like it's really safe to be left leaning in any humanities field.

It is a safe move to not be a brainless oval office

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

That is good advice as long as it's not a book that Mel recommends

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

To Catch a Mockingbird in the Rye

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Cholera is overlong and blandly repetitive. In fact the other top tier GGM is Autumn of the Patriarch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Extremely overanalyzed oriential philosophical nonsense ftl