Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

As a goon,

oh god I’m so lonely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's hard work I don't suggest it unless you have a master's degree

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
It’s cool. I don’t tell them about posting here so I think that’s why some people stick around.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
it sucks but occasionally you need organs to feast on and they generally are your best bet OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Insufficient to fill the growing void inside. Unless you eat them maybe?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What do people do with their friends? Do you text them on a daily basis? Do you hang out every week? I'm pretty close to a few of my coworkers [/i]but we never text and almost never hang out outside work so it's hard to say if we're friends. Please advise.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
You think its hard work and boring so you dont

and then you want company and you just hate yourself.

My house is clean right now so people can visit...

but you spent the last 5 years stopping people visiting ever, pushing people away.

And now you want to hang out at a bar after dropping out on everyone else forever because excuses...

Is it good weather? are you having some seasonal bullshit?

I Love Summer!

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 12, 2018

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Vegetable posted:

What do people do with their friends? Do you text them on a daily basis? Do you hang out every week? I'm pretty close to a few of my coworkers [/i]but we never text and almost never hang out outside work so it's hard to say if we're friends. Please advise.

I don’t know dude that’s why I made the thread why are you asking me anyways you know I have anxiety issues!!!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I usually hang out with friends a couple weekends a month, and yeah we text and call each other a lot. I’ve been friends with the same group of people since high school.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
join a tabletop gaming group OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you are not still friends with people you've known since preschool, you are a failed person of the highest order. Way worse than being a 40 year old virgin. The alcoholic hobo you see on the street has friends and sex, now where did your life go so wrong hmm¿

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Pitdragon posted:

This is a pretty good idea. We have a board game bar here that has groups specifically to get sad loners friends.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah having no friends can be easily fixed by playing D&D with a 300 lbs dude who smells like a sewer and still lives with his parents!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The only reason to have friends is to creep on their wives.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

This sounds worse than not having friends

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah having no friends can be easily fixed by playing D&D with a 300 lbs dude who smells like a sewer and still lives with his parents!

turn you are monitor on

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Macasaurus posted:

turn you are monitor on

I can't, I'm on a phone!

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vegetable posted:

all my friends have kids and i hate kids so I stay home apart from work and try and convince them to go to gigs with me (they dont)

Then i go to a gigs alone.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Supp7iZ2ds8

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Have you considered collecting cats and/or drinking? The cats will never abandon you because they got a kid and moved on with their lives, that's why you spay and neuter them.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Tolkien minority posted:

This sounds worse than not having friends

wow you sound like a real judgy rear end in a top hat no wonder you dont have friends!

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Have you considered collecting cats and/or drinking? The cats will never abandon you because they got a kid and moved on with their lives, that's why you spay and neuter them.

I don't think they "moved on", they just have kids and more problems.

I dig the rote progress of adult wife kids die.

and some house mortgage pay off

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

wow you sound like a real judgy rear end in a top hat no wonder you dont have friends!

rude

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sounds like we all have some growing up to do!

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, adulting man

i just laugh at people who are not burdened for like 50% of their life

so childish

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 12, 2018

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You never know how to end a text conversation

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
You can watch the show FRIENDS and eventually you'll feel like the characters are your friends and this is somehow fine because it's a cool people show or something but when I tell people that the crew of uss enterprise are my friends they give me an indian burn and that's total bullshit

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I leave work and go into town, perhaps ill whet my whistle...I'd call my friends but they cant do anything...

they say I have a child and wife i cannot do anything have you seen new tv show

No, I have been having a life, my tv is literally used to dry clothes on

id ask about good things but they have no idea anymore

we will both die of old age

Robin Williams fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 12, 2018

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
it's like getting free lewd body pillow covers and titty mouse-pads from japan, which actually happened as one of my friends went on a honeymoon and brought back gifts

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Old men in a park

What did you do in your time on this earth?

I drank and ate and hosed and spent my time in the realm of excess knowing I was finite and never burdening another to live in this hell..yourself...?

I enjoyed the birth of a child and the years after with them and my life partner..

Sounds loving gay man.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Robin Williams posted:

Old men in a park

What did you do in your time on this earth?

I drank and ate and hosed and spent my time in the realm of excess knowing I was finite and never burdening another to live in this hell..yourself...?

I enjoyed the birth of a child and the years after with them and my life partner..

Sounds loving gay man.

I don’t do any of those things though

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Hey buddy we just chilling tonight, you know, maybe get a fire goin, pop a couple cold ones. Welcome to stop by, like I said just hanging out with the fam haha.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i supposedly have some friends but how can i verify that they are ~*authentic*~ friends?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

i supposedly have some friends but how can i verify that they are ~*authentic*~ friends?

Tie them to a chair and throw them into the river, if they float they are true friends

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Hey buddy we just chilling tonight, you know, maybe get a fire goin, pop a couple cold ones. Welcome to stop by, like I said just hanging out with the fam haha.

90% of the lets hangout texts I get are this you hit too close to home

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want to inject meth and heroin and shoot a couple of politicians with you op

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'd be willing to watch my first ever anime.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Vegetable posted:

Frieends are like people you can be yourself and open with and not abused. You can go anywhere and have fun, or make jokes, or just pass time in a way that makes life not extremely depressing. Or so I've read in my (((books))).

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Friends are not worth it. They all run away.

Usually right after you are finally close enough to show them your sex dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i like that posted:

I want to inject meth and heroin and shoot a couple of politicians with you op

I’d be down to do all the things but I don’t think I want to hurt people even bad people like politicians

• Locked thread