Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SourKraut posted:

Yeah, who cares if someone is using them, or at least, I don’t care. There was one study I saw that showed that PEDs generally weren’t so much related to significantly increased performance as they are to career extensions via allowing older players to still perform well, which I say isn’t necessarily a bad thing...

Let's look at what the bodybuilding thread has to say about steroids!

quote:

My personal take on steroids/PED's is that it’s it’s part of the game but at best a 3% improvement relying on gear to fill in gaps is a fool's errand. If you’re not absolutely disciplined about your nutrition & training, all the steroids in the world won’t take you from a 10th place to 2nd. It’s more for going from 3rd to 2nd, or 2nd to 1st when you’re already training with perfect discipline. Sure, they might win in tiny shows in lovely auditoriums, but against legit competition in big shows they'll get blown out of the water, plus it can’t be sustained forever. For example, Dorian Yates admitted recently on a podcast that he used steroids while he was a pro. However, as an amateur he was 100% on point with his training & nutrition for the decade before he got his Pro card. once he got to the pro level, that’s when he says he started using steroids to go from 4th to 2nd or whatever. Copious grains of salt should be applied to any 'admission' bodybuilders/athletes make about steroid use.

So pretty much what you said. Or, in Braun's case, from just short of the MVP to MVP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The “actually, steiroids are good” take seems extremely dumb to me.

No I will not be producing research to defend this post.

• Locked thread