Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
“It’s like some people should legally not be allowed to get married.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That was a cute episode. I liked Rebecca's decision.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Maxwell Lord posted:

“It’s like some people should legally not be allowed to get married.”

Emma's back! :unsmith:

radlum
May 13, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

I live in this park!

I hope every episode has a different dialogue for her.

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
“Don’t be a lawyer” is a goddamn earworm. Favorite song of the new season, easy.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I honestly think my favourite intro was season 3's You Do/Don't want to be Crazy because I liked the rhythm, but I do like season 4's Meet Rebecca as well. I think my least favourite musically, although most meaningful, was I'm just a Girl in Love

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Vogon Poetry Slam posted:

“Don’t be a lawyer” is a goddamn earworm. Favorite song of the new season, easy.

Very Tony! Toni! Toné!

Edit: Well, in the aesthetics, anyway. From the comments it sounds and moves very much like this track from Bobby Brown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0FKzPfsxA4

Edit2: You know, I thought about it a bit, and I'm not sure that lawyer throwing himself out a window, that is, using suicide as a gag, is really on brand for this show. :geno:

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 28, 2018

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The look on Beth's face when Valencia said that legally some people shouldn't be allowed to marry was pretty great.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
My girlfriend my girlfriend is finishing her last year of law school, which has been not fun, and her goal is to get into enviro law.

That song was something, alright.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Help, I have a mash-up of Don't Be a Lawyer and Every Little Step stuck in my head!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Rebetzel’s Pretzels

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
drat, Slumbered isn’t on streaming.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I really liked that episode, with Rebecca realising that the problem with her relationship with Nathaniel wasn't all her, and catching her half-brother's potential BPD and getting him a therapist before things could get too bad.

I also love that the series is very therapy-positive - even Josh is starting to see a therapist despite being largely neurotypical, and it's only people who don't know them well that get the wrong idea. I do think Nathaniel needs to see one of them soon, he is a manipulative amoral manchild which may indicate deeper issues, especially given how personally he took the breakup given that Rebecca had really good reasons to break it off that had nothing to do with him.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 3, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The season has been moving a little more slowly than usual what with Rebecca trying really hard to be stable and mature. But they’ve got 18 episodes and it is nice to see her being good to people. :unsmith:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The director of the Peter Pan show was the voice actress of Symmetra from Overwatch. Just wanted to drop this little nerd nugget in here.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

The season has been moving a little more slowly than usual what with Rebecca trying really hard to be stable and mature. But they’ve got 18 episodes and it is nice to see her being good to people. :unsmith:

Not only that but she's pulling everyone else up with her. Before she was a disruptive influence, now her healing process is mirroring the remaining dysfunctional people in her life finally fixing their own situations. Even Paula's developing a relationship with her children, which the lack of is one of the biggest running gags so that's HUGE.

Actually Josh is an interesting direct parallel to Rebecca despite being neurotypical, because both of them had the same patterns - chasing after a string of bad relationships due to feeling that they couldn't be alone comfortably. It's only after both undergo therapy that they are able to fly solo and stop obsessing over sex.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 3, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Really liked the B plot, wanna see Paula's kids` antics at the Renn Faire.

They could probably recycle some wardrope and scenery from the S3 opener, too!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like the little gags in the show that I only notice rewatching the songs, like in Fit Hot Guys Have Problems Too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLESEq2dRVY

Throughout the episode they have a running gag where they order fries to comfort eat but never actually get around to it due to being too busy posturing about it, like "Oh what are these doing here? I didn't order these!" At the end of fit hot guys, it cuts to White Josh, Nathaniel and Josh crying their eyes out at the bar, and there is an empty fry basket in front of them. That's cute.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Oh, and Mrs. Hernandez is back!

Also I hope they have Other Rebecca start quoting Homsar. "Auauaua I'm a song form the '60s!"

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Also I hope they have Other Rebecca start quoting Homsar. "Auauaua I'm a song form the '60s!"

I do like the joke that Other "Rebecca" is essentially just as complex and difficult to categorize as the song rejects Rebecca Bunch for being.

I want Other Rebecca to turn up on the show proper.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think my favourite moments this season are the ones that underscore just how far Rebecca's come, like her now totally neutral, baggage-free relationship with Josh. Just little moments like "Does the college they went to really matter?" "Oh, to think I used to be in love with this guy..." or the conversation at the therapists office. The first moment like that was late season 3, after she gets back from her Darkest Hour when Josh finally plucks up the courage to show his face and she's just totally fine, dismissing him not because of any big emotional thing but just "Ok, well I have poo poo to do right now, so can you just get the hell out of my house please :)"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

I do like the joke that Other "Rebecca" is essentially just as complex and difficult to categorize as the song rejects Rebecca Bunch for being.

I want Other Rebecca to turn up on the show proper.

Every other opening song has turned up in the show itself in some fashion so I'm sure we'll see Other Rebecca eventually.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Regy Rusty posted:

Every other opening song has turned up in the show itself in some fashion so I'm sure we'll see Other Rebecca eventually.

Josh's new girlfriend that Rebecca is unaccountably jealous of even though she's ostensibly over him?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Josh's new girlfriend that Rebecca is unaccountably jealous of even though she's ostensibly over him?

I hope not, that's old ground that doesn't need to be retread

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Probably gonna be Greg’s new girl who ends up being the complete opposite of Rebecca

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Probably gonna be Greg’s new girl who ends up being the complete opposite of Rebecca

You mean she never worked out her issues and is a total shitshow?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Dumb as a rock, hates theater, no drive, and has a good relationship with her mom

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Dumb as a rock, hates theater, no drive, and has a good relationship with her mom

Hang on, Dumb as a rock, no drive, likes their mother - is Greg dating Josh now?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This season has the best song since season one imo and it rules hard. Really like how slow they're taking it and with Tim's song last season the background characters get some of the best songs. Gonna skip the recaps from now on to hide from myself when Greg appears so he's not portended by a flashback before an episode.

Also Jim has incredibly powerful energy that even Rebecca cannot devour his dreams and good life.

Also Colin still rules lmao

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

This season has the best song since season one imo and it rules hard. Really like how slow they're taking it and with Tim's song last season the background characters get some of the best songs. Gonna skip the recaps from now on to hide from myself when Greg appears so he's not portended by a flashback before an episode.

Also Jim has incredibly powerful energy that even Rebecca cannot devour his dreams and good life.

I like how some of the songs get introduced because sometimes there are funny reactions, like any of Darrel's songs. I just love when he gets the phone call about his tests and Mrs Hernandes is cowering at the door to his office, listening to "Uh huh.... uh huh.... Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh~" and just comments "Oh, this is gonna be gross..." Then when the office is dancing with him she turns to Brad and just goes "YOU TOO!?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpuNR7h5JMI

It's just the funniest poo poo.

Also so far my favourite Season 4 song is "Sieze the Day", but I'm not sure if that's the one you meant.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

He means BUZZING IN THE BATHROOM and DON'T BE A LAWYER are both incredibly loving good and he is right :laffo:

I'm honestly not sure which season 4 song is my favorite yet because even the ones I like less so far are super good. I think Seize The Day for me, too, so far, though.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Seize the Day is best as an on theme song, but Don't Be a Lawyer is the catchiest.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

For a reprise in Season 4 I'm hoping we'll get a counterpoint to "I have Friends" or "No one else is Singing my Song" where, at a vulnerable moment almost feeling abandoned again, Rebecca realises that she still has her other social circles for comfort. One of her key issues was always failing to see the love that was right in front of her due to focusing on one aspect of her life while ignoring the others.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well looks like friends will be an issue tonight.

Don’t look, I’m behind you!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well this is a nightmare

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And some episodes are two hours and some episodes are thirty minutes!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh poo poo a Maya driven song

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 10, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
drat Vela Lovell is too good at dancing

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Call back to buying a new refrigerator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

That was a really cute episode. I liked Rebecca coming to terms with the fact that They aren't leaving her behind, she catapulted them ahead. She's not being abandoned because she can't keep up, she put them in the best places they've ever been. It's a cute turnabout. Also the Oklahoma song was hilarious with White Josh and Darrel constantly sniping at it. "Come on, that's not even the right musical language for the piece!"