Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Got back into WCG, and adding F@H so I can use my GPU too. Over 6k work units on WCG so far. Also learned that if you don't log in for long enough, you get purged from the WCG system, so I had to re-sign up. In the goon groups for both.

Edit: I wish F@H had more granular control over CPU/GPU usage the way BOINC does.

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm considering switching off Folding and over to Rosetta and/or TN because I'm not fond of how few config options there are for Folding versus BOINC, and I have to manually exit the program at night because my computer is in my bedroom, and while BOINC respects sleep mode, Folding does not and will only lock my screen instead of letting the system sleep.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

It wouldn't surprise me if I've had some Rosetta units drop off at some point, those fuckers are huge and I seem to always be getting complaints from BOINC about needing more space. I've allocated 5 gigs and over 3 and a half alone are the 3 Rosetta wu I have running. Fake edit: yeah, I've failed 3 and turned in 3.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm not sure why, but although I'm still doing fine getting WUs from Rosetta, and I still have plenty of space, I haven't gotten any more WUs from either World Community Grid or TN-Grid. I made sure to tell Rosetta "no new work units" and finishing up the ones I had before deleting/re-adding it, and I'm showing 6.88 GB of "free, available to BOINC" disk space so I dunno.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I wanted to do F@H gpu folding on top of my BOINC-based projects, but the fact that it would ignore me telling my computer to sleep was a deal breaker. I'm too lazy to have to pop open its dashboard and turn it off manually before I go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Windows 10. My computer is in my bedroom, which is why I stick it in sleep mode when I go to bed. Leaving F@H on would cause the computer to just lock instead of go to sleep unless I went into the dash and turned off all folding. I have an AMD card, which leaves me out of pretty much all gpu-based tasks on WCG/TN-grid/whatever the gently caress the third project I have on there is, hence wanting to add F@H into the mix.