Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I just started doing something helpful and putting my 3900x to good use on rosetta@home. I'm trying to use my gpu with folding but its stuck at ready looking for work. I guess with the uptick of users there is less to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

jonathan posted:

Started up folding@home a few days ago after a bit of a break. I'm ranked 636 in the SA team.

However it looks like as of this morning there are no cpu or gpu jobs. I guess I just did too much work. Is Rosetta's interface nice and simple ? I remember I did some gridcoin mining from boinc a couple years back and the interface was kinda confusing.

Also I'm surprised that there is no support for integrated intel GPU's. Currently I have an i3, a ryzen 2700 and a gtx1080ti working on stuff set to medium.

Edit: Set up boinc and joined the SA rosetta team. I'm running boinc set to 50% usage and folding@home set to light. Hopefully the combined two don't peg the machine at 100%. I'll do the name on my NUC units after I get back from the tire shop where I just had an unexpected $6000 bill :(

You can basically just add Rosetta and let it rip. The only thing you really need to do is set the activity settings and maybe how many days of work you want loaded up at once.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Watching my numbers go up is pretty addicting. I just added in my unraid server to help me get a boost. I know I wont get the top spot with thomasteo's hardware. I made it to 4th in recent credit on one machine though! Being able to see other peoples hardware is kind of cool too.