Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
LSU just went deep on #2 Georgia with

https://twitter.com/maverick2280/status/1050566013408948224

Also, Coach O may not be the best Head Coach there was, but he is the most Head Coach there ever was.

Also, a bunch of other teams got upset.

edit: future posting itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

augias
Apr 7, 2009

its week 8?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

augias posted:

its week 8?

A.o.D. posted:

edit: future posting itt

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
The University of Tennessee has defeated an SEC opponent! Is it too early to consider playoff potential? I think not!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol at Penn State losing two in a row

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Penn State: Not elite, probably not even great. LOL.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the north western wild cat

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
VOLS

BITCH

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

augias posted:

its week 8?

We can continue using the thread next week.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'm very curious to see what James Franklin does with this event. His whole schtick is positivity, but he has actual scheme and implementation problems that he can't hand wave away and it's not going to wait until the off-season.

But the players are all great. Amani hopefully gonna get a bunch of hi-5's tonight rather than bullshit about the dropped pick.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
iowa had 6 passing touchdowns

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

iowa had 6 passing touchdowns

Sad to see Iowa abandoning the ways of their forefathers for this easier, more seductive pass-happy offense SMH.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I'm very curious to see what James Franklin does with this event. His whole schtick is positivity, but he has actual scheme and implementation problems that he can't hand wave away and it's not going to wait until the off-season.

But the players are all great. Amani hopefully gonna get a bunch of hi-5's tonight rather than bullshit about the dropped pick.

Today's loss had pretty much nothing to do with that, you can hand 95% of this on the secondary dropping literally, LITERALLY 6 or more interceptions today. Rahne didn't call a very good game I though, he got hung up on the run after it worked well early on, but they played well enough to win by double digits. But sloppy play in the secondary cost all of that.

Juwan Johnson also shouldn't see the field again this year as far as I'm concerned. Dude is coasting on his potential early round draft status and has been completely checked out all year. If he even pretended to block on PSU's last offensive play McSorley has an easy first down running and the game is over.

Garbage loss. Inexcusable. Coulda shoulda won by a lot but didn't. poo poo happens. This was always a season with lots of down potential with all the inexperience and it's just showing up in the most crushing ways possible. The program is pulling in insane recruiting classes and is only going to get better. After what happened they should be in the loving basement with Rutgers still but are a perennial top 10 program again. Things are drat good but everyone forget to be grateful about it. I've had to chew out people for wanting to fire Franklin all night long and it's really tiring.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
Georgia’s good for one game a year like today’s.

Maybe it’ll be the only one.

it won’t

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

SmellsLikeToast posted:

Georgia’s good for one game a year like today’s.

Maybe it’ll be the only one.

it won’t

We're getting our own Richt special today, so apparently he still holds power over you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

Sad to see Iowa abandoning the ways of their forefathers for this easier, more seductive pass-happy offense SMH.

If it helps only one of them was to a WR. Three to tight ends, one to a running back, and one to a fullback.

Still weird as hell though. And he had 4 last week! It's the first time an Iowa QB has thrown for over 300 yards in consecutive games since 2004, a season in which we notably lost 6 running backs to injury and basically had to become the world's ugliest air raid team on the fly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wooooooooooooooo Texas is bowl-eligible.

And soon we're gonna be the sole Big 12 leader for 2 weeks.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech played like garbage today. That's all I have to say.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Pakled posted:

Georgia Tech played like garbage today. That's all I have to say.

same

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

2, 7, and 8 all fall, and 6 is in big trouble late.

Praise to Xort?

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
The University of Tennessee Volunteers beat a ranked Auburn team at Jordan Hare Stadium today. They actually looked halfway decent in each phase of the game, but still need improvement. I’m so happy about this win though!

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

CHAOS REIGNS

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

That game was an embarrassment. Richt is probably gonna get a banner flown aimed at him with displeasure. The offense was atrocious, and that was some of the worst playcalling I have ever seen.

Who does 3 fullback dives in a row?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

2, 7, and 8 all fall, and 6 is in big trouble late.

Praise to Xort?

2, 7, 6, 8, 15 (losing) and 16.

And 5 barely pulled one out.

What a day.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Can Penn State really complain about losing a football game when you consider what was lost by so many young boys?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

iwentdoodie posted:

2, 7, 6, 8, 15 (losing) and 16.

And 5 barely pulled one out.

What a day.

10 also came right down to the end

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

cannot believe the thread title is not No Lube!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Tua got hurt, Lost Season

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF is 6-1 and somehow pulled away in an ugly win. Also, I never thought an offense could gain 576 yards :stare: and look bad doing it, but here we are.

UGA lost to LSU :laugh:

Not a bad week.

(E: made an error on total yards)

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 14, 2018

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

also if nebraska loses to bethune cookman and the huskers fall to 0-7 is scott frost’s job in danger

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

JT Jag posted:

Tua got hurt, Lost Season

hell yeah finally we get to see what Bama looks like with only...the dude who went to two straight title games gently caress

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou stands a pretty good chance of not winning another game this season. And you know what? If that means we're rid of Odom and crew, that's fine.

On a lighter note, CYCLONES BITCH

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
WVU's lovely performance was basically a microcosm of Holgorsen's shittiness as a coach. Just no gameplan adjustment at all. What wasn't working in the first drive was what he kept attempting to do in the final drive.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Jarrett Stidham sucks rear end and so does the Auburn O-line.

Penn State also sucks.

Know who doesn't? You guessed it, Iowa State.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

regarding the events of todays football games

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Man. Like I have some questions about like, how Hakeem Butler is allowed to push off so often, but otherwise ISU earned that. Which stinks, but I think they're a pretty good football team with a good QB.

Meanwhile, Jake Spavital should just be fired. Like not even let him come back to Morgantown. I've never seen such terrible play calling, and I lived through the Bill Stewart era. It's a real problem.

WVU still controls its own destiny and we've got a week off coming up, but man we have got to fix whatever is wrong with the offense.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'd like to spread the good word about the Iowa State football team. A team which has not lost a game in the last 13 days.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

big trivia FAIL posted:

Can Penn State really complain about losing a football game when you consider what was lost by so many young boys?

Hilarious, poignant, and most of all, timely.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The Texas Longhorns have sole possession of first place in the Big XII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

The Texas Longhorns have sole possession of first place in the Big XII.

and can actually afford to lose 1 game and still be guaranteed a spot in the conference championship game!

• Locked thread