Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Everything sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Roasted Donut posted:

Hilarious, poignant, and most of all, timely.

It's not really something you get to live down

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fifty Three posted:

Everything sucks.

Does it though?

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1051279156187557889

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

big trivia FAIL posted:

It's not really something you get to live down

It sure gets funnier and more interesting every time the same thing is posted though!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Roasted Donut posted:

It sure gets funnier and more interesting every time the same thing is posted though!

hmm sounds like someone had his weekend ruined if you get my reference

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

G-Hawk posted:

and can actually afford to lose 1 game and still be guaranteed a spot in the conference championship game!

Remember when Texas fans wanted to fire Herman and hire Jeff Brohm in week 1?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the florida gators

are the best of the big 3 in florida

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

G-Hawk posted:

and can actually afford to lose 1 game and still be guaranteed a spot in the conference championship game!

actually it depends on who they lose to, since they still have WVU and ISU left. If they to ISU and WVU, who then loses to OU , and OU wins out (spoiler they will), then Iowa State or WVU would be inline over Texas.

Math is your friend, buddy.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 14, 2018

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

MourningView posted:

*claps rhythmically*

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Tbh still probably not a terrible idea

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

still want to fire tim beck real bad

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

LeeMajors posted:

I'm still not sold on Herman. I think this season is basically that random 12-1 Muschamp season at Florida - all smoke and mirrors.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

actually it depends on who they lose to, since they still have WVU and ISU left. If they to ISU and WVU, who then loses to OU , and OU wins out (spoiler they will), then Iowa State or WVU would be inline over Texas.

Why would a 1 loss OU be in over 1 loss Texas in this scenario?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

Seven years later and the child rape is every bit as comical.

Leon Kowalski
Dec 9, 2007

Wolf Den this is Lone Wolf, do you read? Prepare for emergency landing, arriving with American POWs!

LeeMajors posted:

UF is 6-1 and somehow pulled away in an ugly win. Also, I never thought an offense could gain 576 yards :stare: and look bad doing it, but here we are.

Lingering after effects.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sab0921 posted:

I'm still not sold on Herman. I think this season is basically that random 12-1 Muschamp season at Florida - all smoke and mirrors.

I mean thats pretty possible. Mac had a 10 win season too, so I know a little bit about 'magical' seasons that were held together with spit and dried precum.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sab0921 posted:

This was a 2 loss scenario.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

OU plays WV and TTech

Texas can beat either WV or Ttech, or both

Either way its impossible theres more than 2 1 loss teams, thus the only way texas cannot make the championship game is losing twice

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

he's an ISU fan he can't do math unless cows are involved

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
That was not how I imagined that game going but we’ve got a 6-game win streak and we’re going bowling and we’re in first place in the B12 and hopefully in 2 weeks we’ll have our QB back and who knows what could happen then.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Alright, I change my vote. That is good.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Thoguh posted:

This was a 2 loss scenario.

Yeah - but the original comment where he was like DURRR MATH was just that Texas has room to lose 1 game and still make the title game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sab0921 posted:

I read his post wrong, but whatever.

Though if your conclusion from watching Texas nearly lose to Baylor is that they're only losing one against their remaining schedule of Tech, ISU and WVU... then I don't think you're paying attention either.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Thermos H Christ posted:

That was not how I imagined that game going but we’ve got a 6-game win streak and we’re going bowling and we’re in first place in the B12 and hopefully in 2 weeks we’ll have our QB back and who knows what could happen then.

i have decided that Texas is gonna drop a game to Texas Tech

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That ranks as one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen at a college football game.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Though if your conclusion from watching Texas nearly lose to Baylor is that they're only losing one against their remaining schedule of Tech, ISU and WVU... then I don't think you're paying attention either.

my conclusion was more, theres no way in hell they're running the table so its a good thing they have a loss to spare since that makes it more plausible

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Why didn’t we do this when I was in marching band? Wtf?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

G-Hawk posted:

my conclusion was more, theres no way in hell they're running the table so its a good thing they have a loss to spare since that makes it more plausible

I don't think they'll win two of those three, tbh.

(The monkey paw is WVU finishes 9-2 but with losses to Texas and ISU and still gets locked out lmao)

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Not sure why you think that's my conclusion, but whatever.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Roasted Donut posted:

Oh, no it's absolutely horrific. The cover up and apologia just adds to it. The entire program should've been shut down. I guess you can be happy you still have a football program that can lose games.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I was really hoping WVU would keep winning. Good thing the Texas/WVU tickets sold for big money earlier in the day

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Michigan :toot: Dare I dream that they run the table between now and Ohio State?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Checking in to say LOL West Virginia.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Roasted Donut posted:

The fact you think we’re being “comical” is almost as disgusting as an athletic department conspiring for years to cover up the defilement and destruction of children’s innocence and trust.

JoPa burns in hell.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I really don't like losing to Oregon :mad:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don’t care and I never did

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the top 10 went 1/9 ATS today, the 1 was bama covering by 1 point

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Also after week 1 I said I would start believing in Michigan if they went 2-1 or better against vWIS -> @ MSU -> vPSU and I like their chances right now. Can't wait have it fall apart!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What’s wrong with Oklahoma State?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

What’s wrong with Oklahoma State?