Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pirates are pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gloomy Rube posted:

I grabbed this game because of this LP and ended up playing the entire thing in one playthrough. This game is great and I love it, but I weirdly feel like it's closer to Super Paper Mario, of all things, rather than Undertale or Night in the Woods, though I'm unsure of where I'm getting that feeling from. Either way, I'm gonna keep watching this LP since you're often seeing stuff I managed to miss in here and I like your commentary.

I've definitely gotten a paper mario vibe from the game, especially with how characters are clearly two-dimensional in how they turn. Glad you enjoyed the game!

Really Pants posted:

Pirates are pretty cool.

:hai:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's just as well, I suppose. I don't think Bard could bring himself to kill anything, even indirectly with moving platforms.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bard will kill EVERYONE

with kindness

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 11 - The Mermaids

We're going to find the Mermaids.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Meddle not in the affairs of witches...because they are just so done, you have no idea

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's odd that Miriam isn't even coming into these spirit worlds with us. I wonder why. I mean, we can lead pretty much anybody in song.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 12 - The Way It's Supposed to Be

I was looking forward to getting home and reading the replies to today's update because it's a good one!

...But I forgot to post it before I left :v:

Sorry about that!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh! Well, that answers my question about Miriam, at least.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Alright, so we found a key-fish? A key-fish? A kish?

A lockpike. :coolfish:

I still don't get what Rainbow Girl's deal is or why she would do something so hosed up. I guess nobody was supposed to know about the Earthsong, but she really did just like Bard so she told him anyway?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 8, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Huh. That's certainly not what I was expecting.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, I didn't see that coming.

super weird easter
Nov 9, 2018
Oh cool someone is doing an LP of this game already, well I'll just drop my own in here too!

Part 1 - The Super Cool Hero

whoops haha i accidentally posted some future part oh well, tomorrow ill post the OP and REAL part 1 :)

super weird easter fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 9, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

now you can't sequence-break past the quest for the twelve Light Globes scrub lmao

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Inject that sweet Paper Mario sidestory segment directly into my veins.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 14 - The City of Chismest

Bard takes recent developments... poorly.

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

Bard fake-smiling for his mom really got to me when I played through this chapter.

Also, Audrey is a huge jerkface.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If at all possible, I beg you to get a sample of Winston's whine like you did for Miriam's screech.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Really Pants posted:

If at all possible, I beg you to get a sample of Winston's whine like you did for Miriam's screech.

It's not as clean as Miriams, but sure thing!

SFX: Winston Cry

I went back and added it into the update as well.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

yessss

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Bard leaping from rooftop to rooftop with a scowl on his face is wonderful.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Or, and hear me out here, we could put that voice that out-shouted a yeti to some real use, eh Bard? Eh? A little of the old Lok Vah Koor?

Yeah, I know, it ain't time yet.

After all this time, I wonder why Bard left and why he settled down where he did. Or was he even settled? Who's to say he didn't just wake up there one morning?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Glazius posted:

A little of the old Lok Vah Koor?

Which notes are those? :kiddo:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bonus Update

So remember how I was insistent on trying to get to Miriam on the first day? That's because you can totally wait a couple days and get different dialogue for her. For completion sake, I also already talked to the astronomer as well, which means Miriam has different dialogue for that as well.

Well lookie who it is!! Do you know how long I've been waiting here? Where were you??

Well, I met an astronomer... who wants to shut down the factory...

SFX: Miriam Angry

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

There's a Hero prancing around killing Overseers! We don't have time for your shenanigans!

Sorry.

Well, while you were busy prancing around... I actually got a lot done for us. I found the Overseer song! So we can skip right to the Overseer of this place.

...There's an Overseer here...?

Uh. Yeah!

Oh!

And get this, the Overseer song? It's the lullaby your mom used to sing to you.

I already know that song!

Yeah, total plot twist, I know.

So I just have to sing it...

That's what I'm saying. Ready when you are.

Singing the song plays out the same way.

Uuuuugh. Are you kidding me... the nexus point is blocked!

...Guess I wasn't useful after all.

Don't be like this right now!!

It's probably the disgusting smog in the sky... which means... we have to shut down the factory... So I guess... you were on the right track after all. Ugh. Y'know, just once I'd like to be ahead of the curve.

Sorry Miriam.

Whatever. Just keep doing what you're doing, I guess. I'll wander around as your hapless sidekick.

While a couple of lines were exact copies, most of this dialogue is brand new, and also gives much more explicit hints as to what Miriam is feeling. The game shows flashes of brilliance in the first three acts, but Act 4 is what starts to make the game something that I could stomach putting hundreds of hours of work into an LP for.

really queer Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 15, 2018

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 15 - The Astronomers

We start a blue man group and build new friendships!

Also, I meant to post the bonus update yesterday so have it today too!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Maybe you can let Miriam use some magic to blow stuff up now, Bard? That'd be nice.

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

... huh. I could'a sworn Miriam jams out on her flute with Peter if you hang around them long enough.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TracerK posted:

... huh. I could'a sworn Miriam jams out on her flute with Peter if you hang around them long enough.

It's only at certain hours of the day, I think.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 16 - The Baron

The workers are being exploited! It's time to overthrow the bosses...! Through singing!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

Because it is! I met an angel in my dreams who told me all about it, and I've been visiting the spirit world meeting magical animal creatures, teaching me a song so I can save the world!
This is all sounding highly unscientific.

Sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic. For example:

quote:

I have to sing a special song in a special place!

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Only through music can we destroy capitalism, good work comrade Bard.

Absolutely delighted to see this game get an LP, it jumped up my favorite game list pretty quickly

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Miriam's probably on a different slide in the slide show. That's what I heard spinning up, right?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 17 - The Order in the Chaos

The land of Order awaits us, and we should be prepared for all that lies within it.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Oh man, She's Mine is such a JAM.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man. This is not a good choice for the Overseers. So, what, the best case scenario is that someone has to get the entire planet to sing the Earthsong while suffering from one active and malicious Overseer and a whole bunch of death throes? No wonder it's never been done.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 18 - The Land With Two Kingdoms

The longest act in the game begins. Buckle up!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, things are getting pretty serious now, aren't they? Wars and monsters and all. I wonder what they think in the other country.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Glazius posted:

Well, things are getting pretty serious now, aren't they? Wars and monsters and all. I wonder what they think in the other country.

You don't even want to know, I hear those Other Countryans eat babies for sport

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I found this LP a few days ago and I'm enjoying this game. I noticed a typo on update 10; you had a person say "vutie" instead of cutie. I'll let you know if I find any others.

EDIT: I caught up. Update 18 you said "qitch" instead of witch.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Update 19 - The City of Xiatian

Now to cap off this week of long rear end updates, have another one where we meet an entire new city.