Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Orders Update: Yelizovo Air Group

Bears: Do not refuel from tankers. You lazy arses, you've got another three hours until Bingo fuel at 1000ft, we're right in the middle of the largest submarine engagement since WW2 and the tankers that are up don't have enough fuel to top you fat bastards up anyway. #1 and #2 join patrol area Red, fixed waypoints on Stago's Oscar. #3 and #4 join patrol area Green, fixed waypoints on Kev's Akula.

Flight 1991: Manually refuel from IL-78M #2 in preference to the others. Do not add yourselves to a patrol mission, instead loiter near the tankers, outside of estimated opposing AEW coverage. If the conditionals for the other MiG-31s to engage are met, engage in support of them.

Everyone else: Crack on, good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Orders Update: Iturup Air Group

Components:
x7 MiG-29SMT
X4 SU-33

Flights:
Yakov
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lt. Colonel Andrei "Bolkonsky" Semenov
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Egon "Ghostbuster" Spenglerin
Yuri
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Captain Yermolai "Rook" Nikulichev
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Ivan "Terrible" Lenkov
Echo
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Katerinka "Little Pest" Kuznetzova
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Aleksei "Ramming Speed" Khlobystov
Znak
* x1 MiG-29 in turnaround after last sortie, piloted by Lt. Aleksander "Soda Popinski" Mishurin.
Shchuka
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Captain Pyotr "Maverick" Mikailhov
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Nikolai "Goose" Chashchashenkov
Shura
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Captain Tomas "Iceman" Kazanski
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Veronika "Slider" Muzhikova

Contingent Operation Flight Orders:
Contingent Mission: сука блять

Flights Yakov, Yuri, and Shchuka are to launch if Bogies stray northwards of the red line, upon the moment where the last bogey in the group passes the red line.

Thrust
Transit: Cruise
Attack: Undefined
Altitude
Transit: Max
Attack: Undefined.

They are to engage the bogies from the rear, and RTB when Winchester on the AA-10s.

Contingent Mission: Боже мой

IF enemy missiles are detected inbound to Iturup.

THEN SCRAMBLE launch all currently grounded fighters and proceed in whatever direction is AWAY from enemy CAP.

Thrust:
Cruise (if not engaged)
Max (if engaged)
Altitude:
Undefined

No engagement permitted.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 15, 2018

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Kashalot will follow the operations plan below:

1. Continue on plotted course at present speed. Once Kashalot has made the southwest turn around the islands, slow to 5kts.

2. EMCON Passive, Weapons tight. If hostile submerged craft is detected within a 15 nm range, Active sonar is permitted to assist in engagement. Kashalot may pop up to periscope depth to fire RPK-7 at any hostile SSK detected in the convergence zones.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Russia Turn 9

Far to the north the convoy prepares to make the lazy turn east towards the Pacific ocean. Not far overhead a flight of MIG-31's heads southwest, 42 minutes to target area. The submarines continue to hunt while the bears are restricted to a few areas before the sub cordon.

Of particular note is a new set of engagement rules for both air wings at Dolinsk and Iturup. Should certain conditions be met these aircraft will depart.

If things get squirrely and crazy in the next 15 minutes we'll do a shorter round. 30 minute stretches work for sub-surface but I want to give everyone a chance to react in shorter circumstances. However if all forces are at rough parity we're going to finish the full round. You've set enough contingencies that I should be able to proceed.

The E-767 is pointing south as well as the low altitude bogeys. F-15's are continuing on path. Surface contacts are headed due south.

Big Birds pick up a group of bogeys, 471 kts, 40k ft, speed increasing. Course, northeast.

7 bogeys headed northeast, 920 knots. Dolinsk and Iturup are standing by. There is a line stretching between Dolinsk and Iturup, if breached both missions will launch.

Bogeys continuing.

Two flights of MIg-31's are headed for gas. I've re-directed the IL-78 to meet them halfway. One of the IL-78's is RTB.

All at once the bogeys cross the hostile intent line. The MIG-31's turn to engage while both airbases scramble fighters to intercept. First out is the Dolinsk-Sobol flights while the flights at Iturup are waiting until all hostile aircraft are past the flight line and then will launch.

And the MIg-31's fire missiles just as inbound missiles are detected! The A-50 is going to begin heading north back towards the refueling MIG-31's and inbound reinforcements.

Four AA-9's in the air with a pair of inbound missiles.

In the same instant both of the MIG-31's are destroyed. 5 AA-9's are still inbound on the targets.

The other flight of Foxhounds launches a stream of missiles. The F-15's appear to be engaged defensive.

Lots of missiles in the air! The MIg-31's detect new inbound missiles. As the missiles fly the first SU-27's take off from Dolinsk Sobol. The units at Iturup are waiting just a bit longer...

The MIG-31 takes a hit to the cockpit and is knocked out! The A-50 is headed due north.

The first batch of AA-9's reach the Eagle but all miss.

Two more SU-27's launch.

The final MIG-31 takes a missile but survives! Massive fires threaten the aircraft. A moment later it disentegrates.

The Mainstay gives a wave as Flight 1991 (4 MIg-31's) head south towards the hostiles. To the west 6 Flankers take to the air while the Iturup team prepares to launch.

Between Dolinsk and Iturup is a group of 7 F-15's. Six more are south of the engagement line.

Six SU-27's are now engaged offensive while the flights from Iturup are just taxiing to take off now. In the north the A-50 is passing Flight 1991 (4 MIg-31's) who are engaged offensive. Behind them the two flights are still refueling but will be ready for action shortly.

If you'd like more detailed information on a zone please let me know.

Orders by Saturday!

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Well, that's terrible. It's also exactly as expected, we just didn't know when they were going to try this. Now what?

(One more important piece of information in that fight: One of the aircraft we missed was 2nd Wing #28. This confirms Quinn's estimates of air strength: 40 Eagles and 20 Phantoms, more likely to be ~34 Eagles and ~16 Phantoms due to maintenance.)

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 16, 2018

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Man this is a catastrofuck. This is gonna take some thinking about.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Reminder for Yooper, how fast are the ferries currently moving and if it isn't 22 knots what's going on with CMANO?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

FrangibleCover posted:

Reminder for Yooper, how fast are the ferries currently moving and if it isn't 22 knots what's going on with CMANO?

22 knots.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Do you know how many total missiles we detected their aircraft launch in this engagement so far?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Orders:

Add the last 3x SU-27 to the AAW Patrol mission. Double-check and triple-check that WRA and Doctrine and make sure it's applied to all 9 SU-27.

Again, the doctrine should be:
Weapon State, Pre-Planned: Shotgun: All BVR or Stand-Off weapons have been expended. Allow easy targets of opportunity with WVR.
Weapon State, RTB: Yes, aircraft leave flight and return to base (RTB) as they reach weapon state.
WRA for Adder B: 3 rnds for all types of aircraft

e: Regardless of how this goes, I hope the peanut gallery enjoys the upcoming massacre

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 17, 2018

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

TheDemon posted:

Do you know how many total missiles we detected their aircraft launch in this engagement so far?

Sorry no. I have a total on AAM's (15) fired, but not in this engagement only.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Orders

Ave, Peanut Gallery, morituri invidiae meteori

Break up all airborne MiG-31 flights into singles and let it run for a second. All airborne MiG-31s to be added to TheDemon's mission, WRA for R-33S set to two per aircraft, two shooters (trying to get as much redundancy as possible without running out of missiles immediately). Do not refuel from tankers, if this makes everyone want to RTB then assign them to land at Dolinsk. I expect there to be a few empty parking spots.

All other airborne aircraft are to run for home at their best speed. Radars off on the Tu-142s. Keep the radar on on the A-50 until all of our fighters are dead, or an Eagle is coming towards it unobstructed, or it no longer provides useful coverage over the battlefield.

I think this could actually work. If we kill all of their attacking Eagles then all the information they'll have is "Lost a whole bunch of Eagles to suicide MiGs and Sukhois". So far as they're aware our aircraft are 'plentiful' and if we show willingness to take catastrophic losses to kill a few Eagles then that just reinforces the idea. Basically we need to keep them cautious, because if they're rewarded for aggression we're stuffed whether we have all of our aircraft or none of them.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 17, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

:siren:Orders Update: Iturup Air Group:siren:

Components:
x7 MiG-29SMT
X4 SU-33

Flights:
Yakov
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lt. Colonel Andrei "Bolkonsky" Semenov
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Egon "Ghostbuster" Spenglerin
Yuri
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Captain Yermolai "Rook" Nikulichev
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Ivan "Terrible" Lenkov
Echo
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Katerinka "Little Pest" Kuznetzova
* x1 MiG-29SMT with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Aleksei "Ramming Speed" Khlobystov
Znak
* x1 MiG-29 in turnaround after last sortie, piloted by Lt. Aleksander "Soda Popinski" Mishurin.
Shchuka
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Captain Pyotr "Maverick" Mikailhov
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Nikolai "Goose" Chashchashenkov
Shura
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Captain Tomas "Iceman" Kazanski
* x1 SU-33 with A2A setup piloted by Lieutenant Veronika "Slider" Muzhikova

Operation Flight Orders:
Mission: сука блять

Flights Yakov, Yuri, and Echo are to Scramble launch and join TheDemons AAW operation. They should delay only so long as it takes for each flight to have formed up over the northern tip of Iturup.

Thrust
Transit: MIL
Altitude
Transit: MAX
Attack: Undefined.
WRA
x2 R-27s per Eagle. Launch on lock.

RTB when Winchester on the AA-10s.

Mission: бычить

Flights Shura and Shckuka are to Scramble launch as soon as the MiGs have all taken off, form up all four airframes east of the southern tip of Iturup, and then blast hard to take out the E-767 AWACS. Also, plot course to avoid overflying the SAG. We are ONLY aiming at the AWACS, please designate that as the target. If we get into a furball after its flaming rubble we'll deal with it then.

Thrust:
Transit: Cruise
Altitude:
Transit: Max
EMCOM:
Active
WRA:
2 missiles & 2+ shooters per salvo.
Automatic Evasion:
Off upon entering missile range of the E767. On until then and after it's blown up.

Add the remaining planes to the AAW Patrol mission if they succeed.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 17, 2018

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

:ohdear:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is there any chance of suspected Patriot batteries interfering with the assassination attempt? Or is it far away from their suspected locations.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Dandywalken posted:

Is there any chance of suspected Patriot batteries interfering with the assassination attempt? Or is it far away from their suspected locations.

The Patriots are around Chitose, if they get in on the act then we're stuffed because their scrambling fighters will murder us. This is a massive, massive risk and quite possibly a suicidal play, but hopefully it'll convince them not to gently caress with us after we have nothing left to gently caress with.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Updated the threat assessment on page 1, my current thinking is now 26 Eagles (20 per squadron, 2 squadrons, 1/3 of aircraft in maintenance looking at our aircraft maintenance requirements and hoping to God the scenario author doesn't think the JASDF have better maintenance than the VVS)

Currently they have 13 aircraft in the air that we can see. If we kill this force we kill half of their Eagles. Even if we lose most of what we send up I don't think they're going to be very pleased about that.

If we get the AWACS and lose everything we have up I'm going to chalk this up as a win.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Russia Turn 10

No need for a breakdown here. You guys know the stakes. All or nothing. Not much in between when it comes to this sort of fight. We'll start with mission status and go from there. I know how critical this will be so I want to show you guys I haven't been drinking whiskey that the Japanese thread totally didn't bribe me with.

theDemons patrol area.

All assigned aircraft. All 9.

Air ops showing changes to Weapons state and RTB.

Adders WRA.

MIG-31's assigned per orders. Yes, I did run mission for 1 second with split units so they would all be re-assigned properly.

Iturup MIG's added too.

SU-33's are prepped and ready. To head for the E-767 and avoid the SAG. (Surface ships)

All support aircraft head north. I'm keeping some fuelers on standby far north of the engagegement area in case MIG-31's get silly.

And so it begins! MIG-31's are all rebased to Dolinsk to prevent refueling shenanigans. This may create some interesting conversations once the ground crews have to deal with them...

The first of the Flankers have launched missiles. Some of the F-15's are taking some unique paths away from the original vectors.

lol

lol?

First MIG-31's loose missiles.

That F-15 is spewing missiles left and right. But the first MIG-29's are airborne.

First flankers are diving, second set of Flankers is firing missile right into the rear end of a passing flight of F-15's.

-1 Eagle. A moment later the next Eagle is down. -2 Eagles.

The Flankers survive! On the east a new set of potential Eagles appears near Iturup. The MIg-29's are inbound.

One MIG eats a missile but survives and heads for home.

1 Flanker down. 2nd Flanker is alive but has no radio and is suffering a raging inferno.

One more Eagle eats it. Two more are headed back south. A single flanker also takes one hard. Things are getting messy, I'll report on kills from now on out.

MIG spam is intense. I'm trying to keep it away from the SAG but when MIGs are engaged offensive there ain't poo poo I can do to talk sense into them. Also, another Flanker ate a missile in the west.

The MIG-31's wither in the face of the Eagles.

The MIG's trade for one Eagle... While the MIG-31's take another in the north.

And then in a few short seconds two of the SU-33's are knocked out from a flight of AAM's.

The MIG-31's are RTB'ing to Dolinsk while the flankers are adding a bit of salt to the retreating eagles.

Another Eagle down.

And another.

One more Eagle down to the flankers.

Only Captain Mikhailov still lives, all the other SU-33's are either dead or RTB with injuries.

The last of the Eagle strike flight is down.

Two more Eagles down.

The last flankers engage the southernmost eagles. The last SU-33 is heading towards the target area but has bogeys in between.

One more Eagle down.

RIP SU-33's.

RIP Dylguy. He was the final engaged offensive aircraft. Everything else is headed towards Dolinsk.

Lol.

All aircraft are headed in. Eagles still fly over Hokkaido.

The butcher has been paid. The A-50 lives.

You've lost :

9 - MIG-29SMT
5 - MIG-31
5 - SU-27
4 - SU-33

You've killed a total of :

14 - F-15J Eagles

A single MIG-29 lives at Iturup.

Dolinsk Sobol is kind of a mess.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Got em.

That's about as good as we can possibly go in the air.

Orders: Cancel current missions, rearm remaining SU-27s to the same loadout. Frangible remains in command of those Foxhounds but have my airbase guys fuel them to fly back to Yelizovo.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Beautifully executed, gentlemen.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

You may begin drinking lads, that was superb.

Just kidding, this is Russiaside and we're all already drinking.

Recap of that engagement: TheDemon is a loving God, having got more kills than he launched aircraft. My Foxhound force is more or less untouched, with six aircraft ready to go within three hours, but can't rearm where they are. Pour one out for Habeas who just kamikazed his entire force into waves of Eagles to allow us to isolate and kill their main body.

Kill assignments:
Su-27SM: 9 + 1 Probable
MiG-31BM: 1
MiG-29SMT: 1
Su-33: :cry:

2 unknown, so I'm having them because you should never let the guy doing your asset tracking also command front line units. I mean, I fired 28 missiles in that fight, I must have gotten something.

Japanese Eagle count: 26 12

F-15 Eagle Entry to Service - 1976
F-15 Eagle Air to Air combat record, yesterday - 102:0
F-15 Eagle Air to Air combat record, today - 125:14

We broke the streak boys. I'll come back with orders once my leg stops shaking.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 20, 2018

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

The way I see it?

Yooper posted:

lol

lol?

The Japanese put missile spam in anime.

Russia invented it.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

quote:

Omae wa mou shinderu

quote:

NANI?

quote:

screeching noises

Edit: Continued Memes

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 18, 2018

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Holy poo poo

Holy poo poo

If I live to make it to port again the first eight rounds of torpedo fuel for the air commanders are on me guys

:lol:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Oh man the surviving MiG-29 is also the sole survivor from Mission Surprise SEAD.

e: Maybe it's Koschei the Deathless, keep an eye on your wives guys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei

quote:

Koschei cannot be killed by conventional means targeting his body. His soul (or death) is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean. As long as his soul is safe, he cannot die. If the chest is dug up and opened, the hare will bolt away; if it is killed, the duck will emerge and try to fly off. Anyone possessing the egg has Koschei in their power. He begins to weaken, becomes sick, and immediately loses the use of his magic. If the egg is tossed about, he likewise is flung around against his will. If the needle is broken, Koschei will die.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 18, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Observers, please share this valuable SIGINT with the Japanese side.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm cool with losing the SU-33s and MiGs so bad the Algerians won't even take them for a 9:14 KD ratio against goddamned Eagles.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Our anti-air capabilities may be down to basically harsh language but Russian harsh language is second to none and furthermore

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Remaining aircraft available:

Right now: 1x MiG-29SMT
1 hour: +8x MiG-31BM
3 hour: +3x Su-27SM
8 hour: +6x MiG-31BM
2 days: +2x Su27SM, 1x MiG-31BM

Approximate enemy fighters available:

Right now: 4x Eagle
1 hour: +4x Eagle (previous CAP)
3 hour +4x Eagle (CAP that just killed Habeas)

So yes, right at this very moment our AAW capabilities are harsh language, SAMs and bluff. Thing is, they're not in much better state and our replenishment is looking healthier than theirs. Obviously this is all going out the window when Escalation comes but right now I think we're going to have sufficient fighters to busy their fighters and kill some Phantoms in the endgame. Can we kill enough? No idea, but I'm more confident than I was this time yesterday.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah we definitely seem to look better than before.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Yooper, can I have a quick report on the magazines at Yelizovo? I'd like to know if I have enough R-33Ss and R-73s that I don't have to bother trying to bring back any of the ones that have landed with the aircraft now at Dolinsk. A precis of sonobuoy and torpedo loads wouldn't go amiss either, so far we've been... profligate.

Never mind, covered on page 2. Turns out we get infinite sonobuoys, so I'm going to try to drop all of them.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 18, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Per Discord, I'm taking over KoolKev's command as I've only got Soda Popinski left at Iturup.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Magazine status :

Aircraft Status at Yelizovo.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Oops! Orders due by Tuesday night!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ok, I'll need some help learning how to submarine. I'll try to be on Discord later today.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Oscar goes straight to the surface group.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Akula Bratsk to go on whatever heading the Oscar is on, creep speed, just above the layer. Use RPKs against any acquired target outside torpedo range. Fire ALL TORPEDOS against any target inside torpedo range. Are my RPKs reloaded? I should have two 7s reloading in the dedicated tubes and one 6 reloading into one of the normal torpedo tubes that I ordered before the air fracas, what's the status on those?

I put my order link into the green column, is that correct?

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 19, 2018

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Orders Update: Yelizovo Air Group (now somewhat split)

Tu-142s: The two aircraft on lowest fuel states RTB. The next lowest refuels from Il-78 #2 and assigns to Patrol Green again. The highest fuel state aircraft is assigned to Patrol Red. All aircraft EMCON A: Passive. If more Eagles start coming, run.

MiG-31 force, Yelizovo: Launch all aircraft in pairs of two and ferry up to the patrol areas, using Il-78 #3 and #4.
Il-78 force: #1 is out of fuel, RTB, #2 gives the remainder of its fuel to a Tu-142 and RTB. #3 and #4 return to their support area. If more Eagles start coming, run.
A-50: Stay at the current position until the MiG-31s catch up, then return to previous patrol. If more Eagles start coming, run.

MiG-31 force, Dolinsk: Ready aircraft to ferry, except for #3 who hasn't fired any missiles and therefore is to just wait for Demon's groundcrew to nail his wings back on. Technically my MiG-31 guys are Navy, so double grog ration for anyone who got a kill in that engagement.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Taking over for KoolKev on the subs.

Akula Vepr

Continue at current creep speed, change heading to 20 degrees more westerly, stay as quiet as possible.

Kilo Nurlat

Stop for the current turn and listen. Stay silent.

Weapons Release Authorization

If either the Akula or the Kilo gets a positive contact on a Japanese sub and are in range, take the shot and change course 90 degrees south afterwards at 5 knots.

Also, Yooper, if I could get a shot of my botes' locations and their status, I'd be very grateful.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Russia Turn 11

The world watches, stunned. What seemed to be a joke, a bunch of second rate Russian car ferries headed towards an island no one cared about, has turned into a deadly serious contest of wills. Already both governments, either expecting the other to back down, is ratcheting up the conflict.

No one expected it so nothing is prepared. But that's changing.

But not just yet.

Half the Bears continue to Yelizovo while the other half head back on patrol.

The convoy is about the make the turn towards the pacific while Trigger is almost to the island chain.

The subs are slowly moving south. The Nurlat is the sole exception, she is still charging her batteries. (About 35%)

In the south a lone Eagle patrols north of Cape Soya while the surface group heads southish.

Both the bears go for a drink before returning to patrol.

Surface group has been off the scopes for 32 minutes.

Aphid picks up a goblin directly in his path.

And it's a fish.

At 1526 (Yes, it's going long, I'm burning time while there's time to burn) a Teslina-D gets a good luck at Hokkaido. The Sentinel is still active.

After an hour the Bears have refueled and are heading to patrol. All other boats (except the Nurlat) are moving into position. The convoy finally made the turn to the Pacific. Dandy and is crew are withn 14 nm of the convoy.

You'll have 3 SU-27's in two hours or so.

The foxhound with missiles remaining must have had some damage as it will be ready in 1d20hrs. The other MIG's will ferry to Yelizovo in roughly 2 hours.

Orders due by Friday. Enjoy your Turkeys!