Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm late to the party, can I still partake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Deets done been sent.

Y'all gon' get something proper-Bavarian

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Did you get mine?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I cannot stop laughing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Went to send my package, and the postal service employee pointed out that two items on my customs declaration were on the list of prohibited items. I was pissed because I had read it beforehand, and didn't account for products that involve items on the list in their production being prohibited as well and now I'm pissed as hell

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

Postal employee: Do you have any liquids or prohibited items on the package?
Me knowing fully well i have alcohol and othe prohobited items: No.

I've had two packages disappear into the aether that had prohibited items, so I'm kinda reluctant have another one eaten by the void.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, my gift apparently already arrived. My old man texted me that a package arrived with "c/o Junior" on the label, so naturally, he immediately opened it. Thankfully, poo poo is gift-wrapped inside, so I'm assuming he dodged a heart-attack there.

Thanks to my Santa for being so loving quick on the trigger, I'm not even home for Christmas yet.
I can't send my gift till Monday, but it should still be stateside in time.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My package stuck around in the air-freight prep terminal in Frankfurt for a few days too long, but is finally in the air as of yesterday morning, should be on time no issue.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Finally got home to my folks to pick up my gift, and while the coloring book is already pretty drat funny, I died laughing at the gun safety book.

Showed it to my old man, and - being the good German he is - he overanalyzed the title and said "teaching gun safety for the sake of keeping your cat safe really seems to be missing the point, culturally speaking"

Thanks, Satan!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My shipping fees to the US cost me as much as the gift itself, and all I got from it is shipping limbo

Had a bit of a heartattack at seeing the USPS status with the international tracking number DHL assigned, because it said it was still in Frankfurt (where it had arrived on the 11th), though I googled around in some German forums, and apparently the international status doesn't update until the shipment clears US Customs. So it's probably been stateside since the 17th, and none* of the packages I've sent to the US have been in customs limbo for more than a week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to still arrive by the 24th.

*except for the two that got lost in customs limbo, but those had naughty items in them that customs people did not like :cripes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The good news is that the tracking status no longer indicates customs limbo.

The bad news is that the tracking status now indicates that the shipment is being processed INTO customs limbo

:psyduck:

Sorry it won't be in time for the 25th anymore

/edit:
Okay, it seems the tracking status was simply broken or lagged somehow, looks like my package made it safely through customs and is on the way on glorious American soil

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 23, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Why do the USA have to be so loving huge, damnit? Just make the country smaller, yeesh

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What is this bullshit

Are they gonna attempt to redeliver this thing, or how does soviet America work?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What'd he do?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:stare:

this is the exact thing my boss got me for christmas

My Santa got me the same, except the "go gently caress yourself coloring book" instead of the catbutt one :)