Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

He claims those five characters above are the 'wildest he's ever created.' WHICH COMES FROM THE FUTURE ROBERT

That's what makes them so wild: they're from the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Not-Deadpool and the gang vs Red Venom sounds pretty wild.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Happy Hippo posted:

Not-Deadpool and the gang vs Red Venom sounds pretty wild.

That's Venompool, thank you VERY much.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

He claims those five characters above are the 'wildest he's ever created.' WHICH COMES FROM THE FUTURE ROBERT

He's at least half responsible for Cable and Deadpool.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Oh be fair

It's more like 7/12 of Cable and Deadpool.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I know there is a terrible artwork thread already but goddamn how has Rob's artwork not changed at all in all these years??? Is it my eyes? You could line up his works over his lifetime and I swear nothing has changed.

e: I'm going to be genuinely upset if somebody actually buys his NFT

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I know there is a terrible artwork thread already but goddamn how has Rob's artwork not changed at all in all these years??? Is it my eyes? You could line up his works over his lifetime and I swear nothing has changed.

e: I'm going to be genuinely upset if somebody actually buys his NFT

My friend have you seen the apes?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

gently caress Rob Liefeld.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vincent posted:

gently caress Rob Liefeld.

Few people seemed to have burned away that much goodwill in a short amount of time as ol' Rob.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

So wild that three of them have the exact same face.

I mean, sheez, your average D&D adventuring party has more variety.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

There was like a minute last year when he seemed to realize this was a bad idea. But I guess that didn't last long.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Oh man the full image of that Liefield artwork is something alright, everyone in the forefront is tilted from the upper torso up at about 5 degrees for some reason.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Oh man the full image of that Liefield artwork is something alright, everyone in the forefront is tilted from the upper torso up at about 5 degrees for some reason.

Is the blonde dude supposed to have invisibility powers, because his lower half isn't there.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/2000AD/status/1483756508160659461

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

So… something just really loving weird.

I guess Iron Liz is remaking Linkara’s old Lightbringer comic with a bunch of ComicsGate folks.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

I guess Iron Liz is remaking Linkara’s old Lightbringer comic with a bunch of ComicsGate folks.

That struck me as strange. I don't watch Linkara, but his Twitter is consistently left-adjacent and the guy himself always seemed like a decent sort.

From a quick look around, it seems like Iron Liz is a former friend of his who took a pretty sharp swing to the right (she's apparently a transgender conservative from the Blaire White school?), and has taken a few passive-aggressive swipes at Linkara in recent memory. This might be along the same lines.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Huh, guess I'm still hearing about Channel Awesome fallouts in the year 2022.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

So… something just really loving weird.

oooh hoo hoo hoo hoo!!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

From a quick look around, it seems like Iron Liz is a former friend of his who took a pretty sharp swing to the right (she's apparently a transgender conservative from the Blaire White school?), and has taken a few passive-aggressive swipes at Linkara in recent memory. This might be along the same lines.

Former girlfriend, I believe. Their split even seemed amicable, as much as one could tell from the curated slices they showed to everyone else of course. I didn't realize she went hashtag not your shield. Sad.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

So has anyone told Linkara about this? Considering he made the original, I don't think this is exactly legal, even if it is for his old webcomic that even he thinks is crappy.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Wanderer posted:

That struck me as strange. I don't watch Linkara, but his Twitter is consistently left-adjacent and the guy himself always seemed like a decent sort.

He used to be a little more conservative than he is now. Not anything super extreme to my knowledge, but enough that he put a disclaimer on some of his recent compilations.

CaligulaKangaroo fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 23, 2022

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Thundersword238 posted:

So has anyone told Linkara about this? Considering he made the original, I don't think this is exactly legal, even if it is for his old webcomic that even he thinks is crappy.

According to the Kickstarter:

quote:

The original comic was criticized at the time for its controversial themes and subject matter, and Mr. Lovhaug would later release the Lightbringer Intellectual Property into public domain in 2013.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

What's the deal with the YouTube channel Nerdotic? It seems to be a comics related channel but I clicked on a video about some recent Marvel show or movie (maybe it was Hawkeye?) and he used the term "M SHE U" in a dismissive tone and I just rolled my eyes and moved on. The algorithm constantly puts that channel in my feed so what's that guy's deal?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Looks like your standard-issue outrage merchant. His Twitter is entirely made of red flags.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry your YouTube feed is going to be all Nazi videos from now on.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

Looks like your standard-issue outrage merchant. His Twitter is entirely made of red flags.

He stans the Quartering so yeah, out the airlock.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The only comics channel I trust is Comictropes.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Thankfully if you accidentally click on one of those horrible channels' videos, you can delete the watch from you History on Youtube and it'll stop trying to direct you to more if you don't have other stuff related to it.

Sadly sometimes when you click on a random funny video or something, their channel is otherwise garbage and will clog up the algorithm for you. So better to vaporize any video whose channel you don't trust completely.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
There's a "don't recommend this channel" option.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Joe Fisto posted:

The only comics channel I trust is Comictropes.

:hmmyes:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

He stans the Quartering so yeah, out the airlock.

I'm not sure what that is but I see now that his most popular videos have titles like "WHY DO MINORITY COMIC CREATORS SMELL WEIRD!?!?" and "KELLY SUE DECONNICK GETS RED PILLED ON WOKE VIRTUE SIGNALLING" so yea, dude seems like trash.

I may have embellished a little there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only thing I know about him is that he complained that the main character in the She-Ra reboot wasn't sexy. Which, you know, is the main priority for a show aimed at little girls.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm not sure what that is but I see now that his most popular videos have titles like "WHY DO MINORITY COMIC CREATORS SMELL WEIRD!?!?" and "KELLY SUE DECONNICK GETS RED PILLED ON WOKE VIRTUE SIGNALLING" so yea, dude seems like trash.

I may have embellished a little there.

yea Quartering is one of the big names in 'spends like two months making near daily videos about 'WOKE MARVEL DYING???? GAMERS RISING UP????'' and then pivots instantly to 'WOKE MARVEL TRICKS THE MASSES AGAIN' when the movie he's obsessed with doesn't bomb. He sprinkles in generic "(minority) IS KILLING (company) WITH WOKE????" poo poo but his whole thing is just weird obsessive poo poo about made up grudges that none of the people he's mad about even know exist. Real fuckin weird guy and there's zero way to be confused what he's all about so yea anyone who's a fan of him is pretty sus.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Also, he was mad his wife went out for pizza with friends without him, so he got super drunk and pissed on his basement floor on-stream. He will acknowledge this happened, and somehow say that it shows how alpha male he is.

He will also invoke his supposed "two gay dads (one of whom is black)" any time someone points out his rampant racism and homophobia. Meanwhile, he finds saying "gently caress Hitler" to be "cringe".

Oh, also, to really put you in the mindset of how much this dude should be tossed from your mind ASAP: He got himself universally banned from all official Magic: The Gathering tournaments and events by being a massive creep, and also getting into altercations whenever called on it. Sometimes physically.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

sexpig by night posted:

yea Quartering is one of the big names in 'spends like two months making near daily videos about 'WOKE MARVEL DYING???? GAMERS RISING UP????'' and then pivots instantly to 'WOKE MARVEL TRICKS THE MASSES AGAIN' when the movie he's obsessed with doesn't bomb. He sprinkles in generic "(minority) IS KILLING (company) WITH WOKE????" poo poo but his whole thing is just weird obsessive poo poo about made up grudges that none of the people he's mad about even know exist. Real fuckin weird guy and there's zero way to be confused what he's all about so yea anyone who's a fan of him is pretty sus.
Everything else aside, his list of thumbnails are just genuinely upsetting last I saw the channel. Probably the easiest way to describe the guy to other people.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurui Reiten posted:

Oh, also, to really put you in the mindset of how much this dude should be tossed from your mind ASAP: He got himself universally banned from all official Magic: The Gathering tournaments and events by being a massive creep, and also getting into altercations whenever called on it. Sometimes physically.

Also Magic Online. Some beautiful soul banned him from that as well after hearing about it, and apparently he'd sunk a lot of money into it that he had no way to get back. I just like that adding addendum because he's worth it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Kurui Reiten posted:

Also, he was mad his wife went out for pizza with friends without him, so he got super drunk and pissed on his basement floor on-stream. He will acknowledge this happened, and somehow say that it shows how alpha male he is.

He will also invoke his supposed "two gay dads (one of whom is black)" any time someone points out his rampant racism and homophobia. Meanwhile, he finds saying "gently caress Hitler" to be "cringe".

The thing that originally got the Quartering guy attention and cemented his pivot from C-tier Magic: The Gathering content creator to right-wing anti-woke grifter was getting officially banned from M:TG tournaments by Wizards of the Coast mostly for spearheading online harassment campaigns against M:TG cosplayers because he was mad at them pushing back at creepy behaviour they "ought to expect" for "dressing so slutty".

Speaking of MTG, everyone is currently disappointed because fan-favourite artist Seb McKinnon started posting a bunch about supporting the incredibly stupid anti-vaxx truck convoy in Canada.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It should be noted two main films Quartering use to cite as being financial disasters for Marvel is Captain Marvel (international box office is reportedly $1.28 billion) and Endgame (at a $2.78 billion box office I believe it's still the largest box office ever for a film).

Also would post articles about how all the main Avengers cast members (The Chrises, Downey Jr, Ruffalo) hated Brie Larson and their only source for it would be their own previous article about it.

Edit: I might be thinking about Cosmic [sic] Book News, not The Quartering.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Also would post articles about how all the main Avengers cast members (The Chrises, Downey Jr, Ruffalo) hated Brie Larson and their only source for it would be their own previous article about it.

Edit: I might be thinking about Cosmic [sic] Book News, not The Quartering.

No, both would pull that sort of thing. I think it was Don Cheadle who actually responded with "WTF you talking about?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I believe it was the Quartering who had the video "BRIE LARSEN FIRED, REPLACED FOR AVENGERS AFTER CAPTAIN MARVEL BOMBS" and it vanished after the comments filled up with people pointing out that she filmed her Avengers scenes first.