Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dawgstar posted:

Comics Alliance issued a statement about it. They said they believed he changed, his apology sincere, the whole nine yards.

Forgive my ignorance since I’m just now reading up on Comicsgate and following this thread, but what’s the deal with Sims? I always loved his coverage of Morrison’s Batman run, I’d hate to find out he’s a chud now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dawgstar posted:

I always wondered how this thing keeps getting brought up. At this point it's like holding James Gunn's 'earlier stuff against him.

As I said, I was completely unaware of it until it was mentioned on this page.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Phoning in grandma’s 80th to own the libs

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Archyduchess posted:

I haven't watched The Mandalorian yet-- although I've heard generally good stuff-- but did it really go four episodes without having a woman in it in any significant capacity? That seems like the wildest part of this.

No. There have only been maybe six major characters so far in the show and two are women. There’s Cara in the most recent episode and past episodes have featured a Mandalorian armorsmith who also functions as the de facto leader of a Mando enclave.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Archyduchess posted:

Ok cool, I was thinking "that would be nuts" and I'm glad I was overthinking it. I know I should just rip the bandaid off and watch it because it sounds pretty cool but I'm in grading purgatory right now and haven't made it out to visit anyone with Disney+ lately.

I mean in fairness there really haven’t been any major characters except Mando and the baby because there’s so little dialogue in each episode. Cara is also going to be a larger part of the show going forward and the show itself is still putting all the pieces together. This is the first real episode that’s felt like more than just part of a pilot.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, haven't seen the new episode yet. The Armorer barely shows up and mostly exists so the Mandalorian can ignore her advice/orders.

That... isn’t true at all though? The only thing that comes close is when she suggests a certain animal for his signet and he declines because it wasn’t a clean kill. Other than that he’s treated her with complete respect and her role in the enclave is treated with reverence.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I am irrationally angry that these chud CG fucks used one of my all-time favorite shows to try and peddle their bullshit :argh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

That cover looks like an airbrushed t-shirt you’d buy from a booth in Myrtle Beach.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I know they’re just chuds arguing in bad faith anyway, but... it’s a loving comedic comic book where the whole style is meant to be goofy as poo poo with everyone doing stupid expressions.

How are they so consistently bad at this poo poo?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That Cardenas tweet is also gone now, who else was listed?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Normally I can just sit back and laugh at chuds trying to co-opt characters, but the usage of Superman, a loving undocumented immigrant journalist created by two Jewish kids, who spent his early days exposing and busting up corrupt capitalist fucks, makes me physically loving angry.

Go gently caress yourselves, you fascist fucks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Skwirl posted:

They paid her money and she's old now and America doesn't have a functioning social safety net?

She died 12 years ago, so it’s probably just whoever’s in charge of her estate making money off her fame.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Jae Lee is a chud?! I had him sign a bunch of Batman/Superman stuff at a con last year, I had no idea he was a cg gently caress.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dan Didio posted:

lol at the calves.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1287130407109107712?s=20

:wtc:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I used to have an ancient How to Draw The Marvel Way cd-rom game as a kid and one of the little mini games in it was a “spot all the anatomical/proportional mistakes” thing and that’s all I think about when I see Liefeld stuff.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
How is Vic even still getting con invites after all this poo poo?

How are cons even happening at all this year?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Alhazred posted:

Why are people trying to make Cyborg a thing? Not even Doom Patrol could make him interesting or compelling.

I mean, he’s a fairly prominent black superhero in an industry (and especially at DC) that has historically not been great at representation, so I definitely get why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
We’re definitely gonna find out at some point that that was a screen-used prop they scrawled Trump’s dumbass name into.