Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Dawgstar posted:

I don't know what it's like at IDW but a friend in the industry who knows writers there also says you're still going to be on the hustle if you write just one book for them.

The most I heard about IDW is that it pays better than Archie (which itself pays better than Boom)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Reminds me of Chuck Austen writing a solid one-shot/single issue of a J’onn J’onzz focused story with a female character that wasn’t dreadful. But at least he seemed to improve from his X-Men days because I just learned he’s a producer/co-showrunner for She-Ra of all things.

Yeah I remember finding an interesting article talking about how he actually started out in animation before going into comics (for example, storyboarding on King of the Hill), and roughly a decade ago he returned to animation with his gig being serving as an extra producer who's job is to basically serve as someone with long time industry experience to help out more inexperienced showrunners, mainly at Dreamworks TVA (he's also worked on Kipo, for example), though the first show he did this for, before he joined Dreamworks, was early Steven Universe

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

Was it the one with Japanese Hank?

Non-joke answer: the two he worked on (he wasn't the only storyboard artist; in fact Austen also worked on these eps, as this was when he returned to the show) were the ZZ Top ep and the one where the snake gets flushed down the toilet