Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

ruddiger posted:

It’s a lyric to a rap song.

which ends with Snoop (too young to have been down from Day 1) poo poo-talking people who had been with Dre at the beginning. The Chronic is a weird fuckin' record.

Not to derail too much, I just find that very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Yeah, it's never sat well with me that the artist never got any writing credit under the Marvel Method when they're responsible for the pacing, structure, and dialogue cues... at the bare minimum, and usually much more than that. Any other medium would call that part of the writing process.

It would be nice to have had an approach like how movies and TV have separate story (or "written by") and screenplay credits, but I guess we're taking about the 60s, after all.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Jordan7hm posted:

They did in the late 60s and early 70s. Lots of early 70s comics credit both the penciller and the writer for the story.

Honestly in a lot of cases the crediting seems better than some modern comics.

I guess the fact that I mostly only have Volume 1s and 2s of various collections is showing... :smith:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
:actually: The current legal definition of "refugee" in the US only covers persecution, not fleeing an environmental disaster like one's planet blowing up. :smugbert:

Yes, we are that horrible.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
In the earliest version (Action Comics no.1, pg.1) the Kents find him, drop him off at an orphanage, then return an unspecified amount of time later to adopt him. We can assume the orphanage did whatever processing would have been appropriate for the 1910s (assuming he's in his 20s as of publication) in the interim. It probably involved a lot of fumigation, and... I dunno, phrenology?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Thanks for reminding me that Al Jaffee's dead! :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

How Wonderful! posted:

I think if anyone were to turn the last page of the book and think "wow, cool lesbian," they'd be a profoundly naive reader.