Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Why don't they name them? It could be libelous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah that one guy who always wrote about royal rumble so sucked

Good thing he's never written anything again even remotely like...a list of the best What Ifs on some random site.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The proliferation of white supremacy and chuds on twitter is a feature, not a bug.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

And holy poo poo man, Tom King's response sucks and is terrible.
Fixed. The guy had two good comic runs in him and only one story.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Puppy Time posted:

poo poo, FYAD does that all the time.

They did say CHUDS, yes.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The guy in loving yellowface ain't fixing squat, bud.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

A lot of humans (the worst apes by far) getting killed. So their point stands.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

Billy Dee Williams uses he and she pronouns does that count?

I didn't know that and now my day is a bit better.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/OwlPunker/status/1200731459234992128

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They should make me the mod of this hell forum and I will keep it clean of the fash with God's own vengeance

Burn us clean of this filth.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

what a dumbfuck.
Edit: Ah, new page. I was talking about ryonguy in case it wasn't clear. ryonguy is the dumbfuck.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

By the way, it's better to post a screenshot of tweets like that because as it gets linked, retweeted or whatever, it gets shown to more people because of how twitter works.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Quick reminder: if you can, please post screenshots of the tweets from chuds (or chud adjacent things) instead of the tweet itself, because the twitter algorithm reads the linking to other websites (even dead stupid forums like this one) as A Good Thing and it shows said tweet to even more people.
This also applies to twitter itself: instead of RTing, screenshot.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I think Edge & Christian once posted a list with numbers, but not only cape comics were on the rise (sales wise) young and early reader comics and graphic novels sell a ton.
I think Raina Tagemeier is either the top comic author or the top GN author of the 12 - 16 crowd.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/cheryllynneaton/status/1270061744694624259

gently caress him then, Ralph Dibny deserves better.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Nessus posted:

What about Claremont or Morrison? I know Claremont is in the weirdo zone, Morrison too perhaps.

So far all I've heard about Claremont is that he frequented fetish clubs in NY and was into BDSM. Having a fetish is super not the same as being a sex creep, c'mon guys.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Add one more to the pile. Not egregious, but certainly harassment.

https://twitter.com/lorua_/status/1275440509465444352?s=21

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Yeah, Mignola was at least an enabler.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Murphy got caught saying the quiet part out loud too many times and didn't want that to affect his meal ticket.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s a really good book, and Tom King has been outspoken about being against Trump and what he’s been doing with federal troops on American soil if that helps.

"You can't do that to Americans! Iraqis and Afghans, though? no problem" is not really as good as you might think it is.

Vincent fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 27, 2020

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

Molly is odd... on one hand, Dr. Sketchy's is super cool, and a lot of her political writing is excellent.

On the other hand, she has a lot of terrible friends. Like Weev and Warren Ellis.

Yeah, she's a character herself. Nothing criminal or wretched as CG, but she's kind of in line with Vice type "journalism".

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

I know I'm lacking the original source, but are we postive that Wonder Women 2020 one isn't a Liefeld parody? It's even got the feet cut off.

edit: ok no I reverse GIS'd and it's a muscle fetishist who can't draw feet who isn't Liefeld.

It looks nothing like Liefeld art so no?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gona Carano.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

JordanKai posted:

Doug TenNapel once called me a communist after namesearching himself and finding a tweet I made about him, so Johns is in good company there.

It's incredibly funny to me that people use "communist" as an insult.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

It's all well and good, but Johns is using "Lebanese-American" to appear less racist in a hollywood magazine after it came out that he is a racist dickhead, not to take pride in his heritage or reclaim anything.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Black Racer is the New Gods god of death that possesses the body of a crippled Vietnam vet and is on skies because uh, yeah.
EDIT:
He can also sire children, which I don't think is a thing the other aspects of Death in the DCU have done or can do.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

glitchwraith posted:

The Endless can have children, and a couple of those children play significant roles in the comics plot.

I forgot about Orpheus. Did the other Endless had kids too?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

This is the one thread were I'm glad to have derails, 'cause it means no one has come out as an abuser. At least.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

In Industry Terribleness books, DC is once again publishing comics by anti-choice, pro-genocide, and all around piece of poo poo Bill Willingham.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Samovar posted:

I know Umberto Eco's quote about how fascists must describe their enemies as being simultaneously weak and strong at the same time, and Sartre's comments on the frivolous arguments anti-Semites use, but is there not another good quote about fascists not getting commentary in fiction? I seem to remember something like that...

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Man, gently caress Joe Bennet. Piece of poo poo.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"My grandpa almost died in WW2 so I'm gonna go ally with the people who idolize the nazis"

Yeah dude I bet your gramps would be real proud.

Maybe granpappy fell from a guard tower.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

B33rChiller posted:

I had not heard boo about him previously, then listened to the CK episode where Choe talks about moderating the Frank Miller panel.
It made me think the dude's a rich dirtbag. That's my opinion formed just by hearing the guy speak. The fact that Ed seems to be pretty close pals with him lowers Piskor's stock with me too.

Isn't Piskor a piece of poo poo as well? Not an abuser, just an rear end in a top hat? Besides the whole white-kid thinking he's the arbiter of hip-hop thing.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

gently caress Rob Liefeld.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Jedit posted:

Ouch, I didn't know that. So it's the exact opposite of what I initially perceived it to be - she's legit calling him out for co-option. Thanks everyone for the patient explanation.

He also hired an actor to pretend to be "Akira Yoshida" and to visit the Marvel offices and to pretend to not speak english.

Disney is, once again, loving over artists.

https://twitter.com/n0vaprime/status/1492485594911772676?s=21

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I can genuinely not imagine how loving sheltered you need to be to think Big Titty Conan Pocahontas is a remotely okay idea.

Sheltered enough to be a white dude who wrote a comic called Scalped set in a reservation.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

I would feel bad for the people who bought the book but I’ve talked to people who bought the book and they’ve all been horrible.

I don't feel bad for them. gently caress 'em. They knew who and what they were supporting.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

I know the whole thing with that series is to push the envelope, but yeah that was an ill conceived cover. I like Rugg, he seems pretty genuine the rest of the time, and that’s a real apology.

I gather Ed made and then deleted some responses on Twitter around this? Ed’s an insensitive edgelord, but it’s odd that the hate here is directed pretty exclusively to him and not Rugg.

Piskor and Rugg seem like teenage edgelords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

This is the weird time where a not only broken, but dismantled clock, is right for the first time. Give Elliot S! Maggin his due, Warner you fucks!