Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Icochet posted:

Buy the rights to Doctor Who.

Stop making episodes

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Nah, that's the plan for all things Star Trek.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Elaborate Vietnam war reenactment using the entire state of Mississippi and live munitions.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Guys if nobody wins today, how much will they be worth Saturday?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

UltraRed posted:

Probably negative money because I wouldn't be surprised to find they are using 32-bit int in their software.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
hollowed out volcano lair.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

UltraRed posted:

Don't bother asking, I won

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DrPossum posted:

Statistics are part of my job and I buy one every now and then. I'll never understand the look of confusion some pretentious dicks give when they hear this and they're like "but you know the odds". If you can't get $2 (like a candy bar's) worth of enjoyment thinking about what you'd do with the money then just smdh

I do find I'm more likely to buy one when I'm less satisfied with my life situation

Yeah i have to admit having insane fever dreams about the crazed shenanigans I'd get up to with a billion freaking dollars is fun. Like your drat right I'd ear mark a hundred billion to just blow on stupid impulsive bullshit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

binge crotching posted:

I'm guessing that even after he loses his $3200 he still won't realize that the lottery is supposed to be a fun diversion, not an investment strategy.

Seriously. For like a fifth of what it could cost to see a movie I can spend a couple days pretending I’m about to be a billionaire. Money well spent imo, especially the one time I got real lucky and won my $2 back.

naem
May 29, 2011

Jay_Zombie posted:

hollowed out volcano lair.

ooooo yeah, bond villain style

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah i have to admit having insane fever dreams about the crazed shenanigans I'd get up to with a billion freaking dollars is fun. Like your drat right I'd ear mark a hundred billion to just blow on stupid impulsive bullshit.

Oh yeah, the dreaming is what makes it fun. I want to go to Antarctica, which probably won't happen without a large cash influx like the lottery.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm collecting money for the Goon Lottery pool. But of course, if I have the winning ticket purchased by myself, there's no way I'm coming back to share the prize. gently caress yall.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm collecting money for the Goon Lottery pool. But of course, if I have the winning ticket purchased by myself, there's no way I'm coming back to share the prize. gently caress yall.

Ok that's fine

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Worth it

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
My boss bought me a lottery ticket but I don't know how it works. Do I have to get all the numbers to win something? If I just get one do I get $10 or something?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cantaloupe posted:

My boss bought me a lottery ticket but I don't know how it works. Do I have to get all the numbers to win something? If I just get one do I get $10 or something?

The more numbers you get the more money you win.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cantaloupe posted:

let me google that for you

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

binge crotching posted:

Probably negative money because I wouldn't be surprised to find they are using 32-bit int in their software.

Maybe it's unsigned. :xd:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cantaloupe posted:

It has it on the ticket, but from the site, it's this. The yellow is the "mega" number match

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Someone in South Carolina won. That rules out goons because you have to be able to read in order to post.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Have a friend who got 5 of 6 numbers. 4/5 + the other #. Only won $9k.

That's nuts. He sounded sick after finding out.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, the odds on American lottos are absolute balls. It's seriously part of the reason I quit working in convenience stores. I got sick of having to sell scratchies to people who obviously could use the money they were spending but were desperately trying to get a big win so their lives would quit being horrible. The odds have to be publicly posted but it was generally on the internet or in tiny print on the side of the machines or whatever. Even if they bothered looking for the odds these people were generally innumerate and didn't understand them anyway.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I am way more upset about losing than I should be. Winner being from SC fills me with a murderous rage

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
SC can claim privately?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Waltzing Along posted:

SC can claim privately?

For the winners sake I hope so. If I won I wouldn't want anyone to know. I don't like people as it is, and having a bunch of attention and people asking me for poo poo all the time would be a living nightmare.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

SC can claim privately?

Youll find out who they were when the local college gets a billion dollar football endowment

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, the odds on American lottos are absolute balls. It's seriously part of the reason I quit working in convenience stores. I got sick of having to sell scratchies to people who obviously could use the money they were spending but were desperately trying to get a big win so their lives would quit being horrible. The odds have to be publicly posted but it was generally on the internet or in tiny print on the side of the machines or whatever. Even if they bothered looking for the odds these people were generally innumerate and didn't understand them anyway.

Yes, the individual should definitely have better invested those 20 bucks in a no load low fee mutual fund and had $160 bucks in 40 years.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Waltzing Along posted:

People talk about how the lottery is great fun cause 2$ buys you a lot of happy fantasies but I think this is the real story.

This dude is SAD because he won $9k. The lottery is a misery machine imho

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

friendly 2 da void posted:

People talk about how the lottery is great fun cause 2$ buys you a lot of happy fantasies but I think this is the real story.

This dude is SAD because he won $9k. The lottery is a misery machine imho

I would be sick too if I was 1 number off winning $1.6B. Probably would be thinking about that one number for the rest of my life!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i bet the number was 69

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Goddamn that sucks. 10k is better than nothing, but I'd be devastated to get that close.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL 8K would be such a massive windfall and huge boon in my life and solve so many small problems immediately what a bitch baby

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

SC can claim privately?

If you're not retarded, then you'll form some kind of trust and have the representative claim the winnings without ever having your name published anywhere.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

If you're not retarded, then you'll form some kind of trust and have the representative claim the winnings without ever having your name published anywhere.

I'm no expert but I think some areas require you to show up in person. You can hide yourself, I guess with a mask, but you have to be there in front of the cameras.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

P. Depressed I didn't win the lottery tbh.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

i bet the number was 69

nice

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Mozi posted:

i bet the number was 69

69 is also the sex number

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:eyepop: now that's what i call hitting the jackpot!

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
I’m curious if it would be possible to pay someone to claim the winnings for you. Honestly, with a jackpot that big, I’d be cool with giving some dude 50 million to deal with the cameras and attention so I don’t have to go into hiding. I’d guess that I’d need to do up a contract with a lawyer beforehand to make sure the guy didn’t run off with all the money or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

I’m curious if it would be possible to pay someone to claim the winnings for you. Honestly, with a jackpot that big, I’d be cool with giving some dude 50 million to deal with the cameras and attention so I don’t have to go into hiding. I’d guess that I’d need to do up a contract with a lawyer beforehand to make sure the guy didn’t run off with all the money or something like that.

Thats what a trust is. It wont cost you even close to 50 million to do.

• Locked thread