Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

LOL when they win and there is a legit QB controversy in Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

We have a few top performers but otherwise yeah we are absolutely lost.

I just hate Adam Gases offense, if I’m being honest. SHOTGUN AT THE ONE INCH LINE IN OT??

I don't hate that call, the Dolphins shouldn't be inviting defenses to line up in goal line packages or even their base defense in short yardage. NFL orthodoxy where you go and ask the defense to create 10 gaps or whatever and just wad a whole bunch of bodies up in the middle at the goal line is dumb.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I don't hate that call, the Dolphins shouldn't be inviting defenses to line up in goal line packages or even their base defense in short yardage. NFL orthodoxy where you go and ask the defense to create 10 gaps or whatever and just wad a whole bunch of bodies up in the middle at the goal line is dumb.

I really don’t mind the motion and what not i just truly hate going into the shotgun there.

Nov 6, 2002

Had he played, would Christian Hackenberg be worse than Nathan Peterman?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Had he played, would Christian Hackenberg be worse than Nathan Peterman?

I'll say no, only because he wouldn't have been accurate enough to be intercepted on 12% of his pass attempts.

Peterman's career numbers are worse then just hucking the ball into the dirt on every single snap, so I think we can say the Hack would be better

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 16, 2018

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

I go back and forth on this, and I’ll even ask - is it crazy that I feel like adding extra yards to a goal line situation is *asking* for that type of risk?

That was a super, duper fluke of a fumble. He wasn't even touched.

Putting that aside, spreading out a defense on the goal line has its benefits. Even a bad defense can put enough beef on the line to have a chance of making some kind of a goal line stand. Spacing out a defense can give you more options and teams are taking advantage.

Nov 6, 2002

Cash Monet posted:

That was a super, duper fluke of a fumble. He wasn't even touched.

Putting that aside, spreading out a defense on the goal line has its benefits. Even a bad defense can put enough beef on the line to have a chance of making some kind of a goal line stand. Spacing out a defense can give you more options and teams are taking advantage.

I remember a Pats/Dolphins game a few years ago where they spread it out a few yards out from the goal line with an empty backfield and Tannehill just waltz righted in.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nodoze posted:

The Jets fans and more specifically NY media being so salty about Kirk Cousins saying lol no thanks to the Jets is hilarious
I don't think this is Jets fans. This is media needing 10 articles per game week and Cousins spurning the Jets while playing the Jets is a ready made headline.

Jets fans, sane ones anyways, not like Real hurthling!, are perfectly happy with Darnold.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

One of my old friends in Boston has the hugest crush on Shirley Manson & loves the band Garbage.

News: https://twitter.com/cannatanfl/status/1051643915416276992?s=21
Views: Osweiller should've gone to the NFC North to grief Chicago.

To add to this, all of those teams are in the AFC which only plays the Bears once every four years. Next year they play the AFC West.

Brock to Raiders 2019 print the shirts

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mein Gott

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1052226501456920576

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1052228957674856448

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1052230194633891846

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My claim that Tom Cable was doing okay now may have been premature.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

How does he keep getting work?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/1052256786663653378

rip

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Offense is better without him, which is one of those really really weird things, but alas...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

Frank Clark is good but it's not like the rest of Seattle's d-line is elite.

On the flip side, Seattle's offensive line has looked fine the past 2-3 games, and even Ifedi isn't sucking. Must just be a coincidence!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Kalli posted:

They're all hurt

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Offense is better without him, which is one of those really really weird things, but alas...

Hope he's better next year, because TCole is loving gone after this season and Freeman hasn't been poo poo since 2016.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Since 1990 there's been 128 teams that have gone 3 road games in a row, only 9 have gone 3-0. Rams play the 49ers to hopefully become the 10th and they flexed the game out!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DariusLikewise posted:

Since 1990 there's been 128 teams that have gone 3 road games in a row, only 9 have gone 3-0. Rams play the 49ers to hopefully become the 10th and they flexed the game out!

The chargers have 41 days in between games on their home field.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

a neat cape posted:

The chargers have 41 days in between games on their home field.

The Charges have a home field?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

The Charges have a home field?

You know what I loving mean

Nov 6, 2002

lol

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Maybe the Chargers could become the modern day version of the Wolverhampton Wanderers?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Chilichimp posted:

All the good 90's band's lead singers killed themselves.

Mark Lanegan is still working.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mariota had 5 dropbacks in Ravens territory on sunday and every one of them was a sack.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2018/week-6-quick-reads

Brock is also #1 in DYAR for the week:

quote:

Our top two quarterbacks this week had radically different opponent adjustments. Brock Osweiler gained 41 DYAR due to playing the Bears, the biggest boost of any quarterback this week. Matt Ryan lost 58 DYAR for playing the Buccaneers, more than twice as much as any other quarterback. Osweiler got a lot of help from his receivers; 268 of his 380 passing yards came after the catch. That's the most YAC for any quarterback in a game this season. He averaged 9.57 YAC per completion, second-most this year behind Jimmy Garoppolo's 9.60 against the Vikings in Week 1.

and

quote:

#31 Deshaun Watson
In five plays wrapped around halftime, Watson had this sequence: sack-fumble, interception, incompletion, interception, sack. He had two more sack-fumbles in the second half. On third downs, he went 4-of-9 for 49 yards with one conversion, two interceptions, two sacks, and a fumble.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

No one wants to watch that crap.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

No one wants to watch that crap.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1052290507085307904

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

He's a statue, how could he ever run Shanny's system?

Also wasnt it the 49ers that hit him so hard last year that he had a seizure on the field?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
doing an awfully good job proving collusion exists

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is this just so the Haslams can buy the Columbus soccer team or is this going to wind up with the Seahawks owned by a bunch of existing owners?

https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/1052293479018233861

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
This Gruden presser sounds fun :allears:

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1052299820176617473

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1052294395985199105

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Finger Prince posted:

Maybe the Chargers could become the modern day version of the Wolverhampton Wanderers?

Wolves have won several "top division" titles though.

Unless you meant the Chargers could become a version of the modern day Wolves

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

It's refreshing to have a coach address items like that in front of the press

It's not good by any means but it certainly is different

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CyberPingu posted:

The bane of Buffalo everywhere?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Mariota had 5 dropbacks in Ravens territory on sunday and every one of them was a sack.

Jesus loving Christ I saw that he got sacked 11 times which is amazing, but I didn't see that he only had 15 attempts and 26 dropbacks all day. My lord.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chilichimp posted:

All the good 90's band's lead singers killed themselves.

Greg Dulli is still killing it

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Mark Lanegan is still working.

I love it when he guests on QOTSA songs and tours with them

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

This almost makes me want to cry because the amount of money and draft capital that the Jaguars have invested into their defense has caused nothing of the sort so far this year.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Actually turns out I was thinking of a different Wanderers football club which I mistook for Wolverhampton because of the shared name.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderers_F.C.
So named because they didn't have a home stadium and just played at various venues around London. This ancient history brought to you by my dearly departed ancient dad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

The chargers have won a lot of divisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yahoo Sports: As Raiders sink, a brilliant website has emerged counting down Jon Gruden's tenure.
https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-sink-brilliant-website-emerged-counting-jon-grudens-tenure-213935335.html

The Jon Gruden honeymoon may not be over yet following the Oakland Raiders’ 1-5 start, but it’s safe to say some fans have put the marriage on the clock.

Literally.

An anonymous internet soul or group has rocketed into the ranks of some historically savage NFL fans, creating a simple – but remarkably ruthless – countdown clock of Gruden’s remaining 10-year deal with the Raiders. Registered and created on Oct. 10 (which was before Sunday’s meltdown against the Seattle Seahawks) the tick-tocking platform is a straightforward page with a blunt domain name: isgrudengoneyet.com.

Jon Gruden has a lot of work to do in overcoming a 1-5 start with the Raiders. (AP)

It features only four bits of information:

1. A title: “Is Gruden gone yet?”

2. A giant, capitalized answer: “NO”

3. A clock that is mercilessly timing out, counting down what is presumed to be the number of years, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds (!) of Gruden’s contract in Oakland.

4. And for good measure, it includes a salary tracker that calculates: the amount of money Gruden has theoretically banked from the Raiders; the amount of money he’s still theoretically owed; and the amount of money he has theoretically earned in the precise amount of time a visitor has been on the web page.

As fan trolling goes, it gets high marks for simplistic entertainment value. It’s not the age-old taunt of showing up to games wearing a grocery bag on your head. Nor is it the brutally invasive approach of flying a banner over a stadium or paying for freeway signage near the team’s headquarters. But in the digital age, it’s effective because it provides the few pieces of information that were destined to follow Gruden the rest of his coaching life – whether he succeeded or failed in Oakland.

That crazy length of his contract (which he has sort of denied). That jaw-dropping $100 million salary figure (which he has also sort of denied). And the one question that will either define his failure, or serve as an opportunity for him to fire back at critics through some smirking success:

Is Jon Gruden gone yet? Nope. He’s here for the long-haul.

But so are those who will be watching his every move and calculating the exact price the Raiders have paid, right down to the pennies spent and seconds invested.

• Locked thread