Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
We're famous guys 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I feel proud to have seen this seed grow into a bountiful harvest. Brings a tear to my eye.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Most successful goon project since that girl stabbed her friend in the name of slenderman

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
For a dead dying forum we've still got it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Most successful goon project since that girl stabbed her friend in the name of slenderman

Lol

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
imo each & every post is a successful project, we dont need external validation

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Put ads on that site and use the money to pay for Lowtax's spine imo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Finger Prince posted:

Actually turns out I was thinking of a different Wanderers football club which I mistook for Wolverhampton because of the shared name.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderers_F.C.
So named because they didn't have a home stadium and just played at various venues around London. This ancient history brought to you by my dearly departed ancient dad.

There's a minor league baseball team in the Atlantic League that still does this!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Road_Warriors

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Play posted:

Yahoo Sports: As Raiders sink, a brilliant website has emerged counting down Jon Gruden's tenure.
https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-sink-brilliant-website-emerged-counting-jon-grudens-tenure-213935335.html

The Jon Gruden honeymoon may not be over yet following the Oakland Raiders’ 1-5 start, but it’s safe to say some fans have put the marriage on the clock.

Literally.

An anonymous internet soul or group has rocketed into the ranks of some historically savage NFL fans, creating a simple – but remarkably ruthless – countdown clock of Gruden’s remaining 10-year deal with the Raiders. Registered and created on Oct. 10 (which was before Sunday’s meltdown against the Seattle Seahawks) the tick-tocking platform is a straightforward page with a blunt domain name: isgrudengoneyet.com.

Jon Gruden has a lot of work to do in overcoming a 1-5 start with the Raiders. (AP)

It features only four bits of information:

1. A title: “Is Gruden gone yet?”

2. A giant, capitalized answer: “NO”

3. A clock that is mercilessly timing out, counting down what is presumed to be the number of years, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds (!) of Gruden’s contract in Oakland.

4. And for good measure, it includes a salary tracker that calculates: the amount of money Gruden has theoretically banked from the Raiders; the amount of money he’s still theoretically owed; and the amount of money he has theoretically earned in the precise amount of time a visitor has been on the web page.

As fan trolling goes, it gets high marks for simplistic entertainment value. It’s not the age-old taunt of showing up to games wearing a grocery bag on your head. Nor is it the brutally invasive approach of flying a banner over a stadium or paying for freeway signage near the team’s headquarters. But in the digital age, it’s effective because it provides the few pieces of information that were destined to follow Gruden the rest of his coaching life – whether he succeeded or failed in Oakland.

That crazy length of his contract (which he has sort of denied). That jaw-dropping $100 million salary figure (which he has also sort of denied). And the one question that will either define his failure, or serve as an opportunity for him to fire back at critics through some smirking success:

Is Jon Gruden gone yet? Nope. He’s here for the long-haul.

But so are those who will be watching his every move and calculating the exact price the Raiders have paid, right down to the pennies spent and seconds invested.

Amazing. TFF relevant in the year 2018

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

seiferguy posted:

Put ads on that site and use the money to pay for Lowtax's spine imo poo poo for yourself

edit: or a link to TFF and save our dead gay forum

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 17, 2018

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'll buy you whatever forum add on you want if you add an ad that just links to Tupac's Changes video on youtube.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus even the coach at my gym brought it up this morning.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Dave posted:

Jesus even the coach at my gym brought it up this morning.

Guy brought it up at work last night, and my boss mentioned it this morning and hes like the least online guy ever.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

iwentdoodie posted:

Guy brought it up at work last night, and my boss mentioned it this morning and hes like the least online guy ever.

Only had like 5k hits yesterday, so it's not exactly getting swarmed. We'll see how it goes with a Yahoo article.

And I'm in no way motivated enough to figure out how to put an ad on it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Best SAS project since we nicknamed Mike Trout

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Azhais posted:

Only had like 5k hits yesterday, so it's not exactly getting swarmed. We'll see how it goes with a Yahoo article.

And I'm in no way motivated enough to figure out how to put an ad on it

No it's better like this. More mystery. We can sit back and laugh at these fools,, knowing ourselves to be the shadowy figures behind the viral hit isgrudengoneyet.com

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams cut Cairo Santos today, so all your kicker-thirsty teams can go hog wild

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm honored that isgrudengoneyet.com has become a reality!

Now if we could just revive the old SAS Wiki...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams cut Cairo Santos today, so all your kicker-thirsty teams can go hog wild

We won't

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm honored that isgrudengoneyet.com has become a reality!

Now if we could just revive the old SAS Wiki...

youd have to track down gendo for that and good luck

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

FizFashizzle posted:

Just pretend you're a girl that posts on SA and he will find you

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Play posted:

Yahoo Sports: As Raiders sink, a brilliant website has emerged counting down Jon Gruden's tenure.
https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-sink-brilliant-website-emerged-counting-jon-grudens-tenure-213935335.html

The Jon Gruden honeymoon may not be over yet following the Oakland Raiders’ 1-5 start, but it’s safe to say some fans have put the marriage on the clock.

Literally.

An anonymous internet soul or group has rocketed into the ranks of some historically savage NFL fans, creating a simple – but remarkably ruthless – countdown clock of Gruden’s remaining 10-year deal with the Raiders. Registered and created on Oct. 10 (which was before Sunday’s meltdown against the Seattle Seahawks) the tick-tocking platform is a straightforward page with a blunt domain name: isgrudengoneyet.com.

Jon Gruden has a lot of work to do in overcoming a 1-5 start with the Raiders. (AP)

3. A clock that is mercilessly timing out, counting down what is presumed to be the number of years, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds (!) of Gruden’s contract in Oakland.

4. And for good measure, it includes a salary tracker that calculates: the amount of money Gruden has theoretically banked from the Raiders; the amount of money he’s still theoretically owed; and the amount of money he has theoretically earned in the precise amount of time a visitor has been on the web page.

As fan trolling goes, it gets high marks for simplistic entertainment value. It’s not the age-old taunt of showing up to games wearing a grocery bag on your head. Nor is it the brutally invasive approach of flying a banner over a stadium or paying for freeway signage near the team’s headquarters. But in the digital age, it’s effective because it provides the few pieces of information that were destined to follow Gruden the rest of his coaching life – whether he succeeded or failed in Oakland.

That crazy length of his contract (which he has sort of denied). That jaw-dropping $100 million salary figure (which he has also sort of denied). And the one question that will either define his failure, or serve as an opportunity for him to fire back at critics through some smirking success:

But so are those who will be watching his every move and calculating the exact price the Raiders have paid, right down to the pennies spent and seconds invested.

this all started with me asking if they were stuck with Gruden for 10 years?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Nodoze posted:

Best SAS project since we nicknamed Mike Trout

I mean we literally willed Joey Bosa to physical injury and near death just weeks ago...

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

weird Asian candy posted:

I mean we literally willed Joey Bosa to physical injury and near death just weeks ago...

Plz do not do this again I want the chargers to make the playoffs

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

We did this so well it even hit his brother.

Ammanas posted:

I'll change the forum name back on Nov 1st it will reverse the curse

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 17, 2018

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Athanatos posted:

Amazing. TFF relevant in the year 2018

Now we just need a timer for when someone steals this TFF joke in 7 or 8 years.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Literally.

The best part of this is that they just assume that the clock is counting down to the end of his contract, and considering the fact that the clock is off by a bit it makes me think you could have put any amount of time on that page and it would have still worked.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

FizFashizzle posted:

He's not exactly hiding on twitter.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

That was like the sun rising, we can't take credit for that

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Near death? Brother, I've got bad news...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ammanas posted:

do you, though

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Chilichimp posted:

Near death? Brother, I've got bad news...

never 4get

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Born in 95 what the gently caress

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Born in 95 what the gently caress

I have employees born in 2000.

We're all old.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I just read a story that Lane Kiffin is trying to recruit Matt Leinharts 11 year old son lol

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

Please have sympathy in these trying times, the Joker is holding Sean McDermotts family hostage and making him start Nathan Peterman

I am so thinking of getting some tickets for this poo poo fest just for the spectacle or a less than high school quality QB starting an NFL game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kids born after 9/11/01 are able to enlist in the military and in less than 11 months deploy to Afghanistan to fight a war over out allies attacking NYC and the Pentagon.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Good job, goons. We were recognized by Yahoo Sports.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Slowpoke! posted:

Good job, goons. We were recognized by Yahoo Sports.

Like that's hard, all you need to do is goatse Jeff Passan after he doesn't vote for Jeff Bagwell getting into the hall of fame. Then he calls your mom looking for you.

I'm inordinately proud of my very small part of this whole Gruden site and being a jerk and saying "hey maybe try this," after Azhais thought he was done with his funny little joke that we'd be the only ones to ever look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Like that's hard, all you need to do is goatse Jeff Passan after he doesn't vote for Jeff Bagwell getting into the hall of fame. Then he calls your mom looking for you.

I'm inordinately proud of my very small part of this whole Gruden site and being a jerk and saying "hey maybe try this," after Azhais thought he was done with his funny little joke that we'd be the only ones to ever look at.

Is this what accomplishment looks like after 40 smdh

• Locked thread