Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I love how literally everyone except the Spanos clan foresaw that this was gonna go badly.

Now you have the chargers star RB talking about how much he hates LA and misses San Diego

I looked for a quote of this and couldn't find it. Do you have it handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I looked for a quote of this and couldn't find it. Do you have it handy?

I think it comes from this SI piece.

quote:

“I don’t really like this area too much, to be honest. I loved San Diego. It was my kind of energy, my kind of vibe. It was a perfect place for me. Everything was perfect.”

I read something where he took it back later after he realized he'd actually given an opinion.

e: ha, another quote from that article that I hadn't actually read all the way through until now:

quote:

Khalil Mack, Gordon says, notched yet another strip sack for the Bears after being traded by the Raiders, out of the AFC West. “This man crazy, bro,” Gordon says of Mack. “I’m so happy he’s gone. Get him outta here, bruh.”

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 17, 2018

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Derek Anderson is going to outduel Andy Luck
Truly, Derek Anderson is the quarterback who will unlock Kelvin Benjamin's true potential.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How many more ways do I have to say it's going to be a shitshow before you understand it?

Oh, you mean it's going to be a shitshow for the team/NFL, not the host city. Yes.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I’m relieved that Derek Anderson was named my favorite team’s starting quarterback. It’s 2018. Goo goo gah gah

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
The most Billsy outcome of this is that Derek Anderson plays well enough over the next few weeks and wins enough games to warrant a QB controversy

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sheen Sheen posted:

The most Billsy outcome of this is that Derek Anderson plays well enough over the next few weeks and wins enough games to warrant a QB controversy
Fitzmagic lite?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That's fine

That's fine

That's fine

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How many plays does he know? Slants and Hail Mary?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ELO Musk posted:

How many plays does he know? Slants and Hail Mary?

He played for the Bills absolutely terrible offensive coordinator Brian Daboll in 2009-2010.

There is basically nothing other than a one year stint at Alabama as OC when he had an overwhelming talent advantage that looks good since then. Also worth noting he and Saban declined to play one of the more talented quarterbacks in the nation all year until the title game when they needed him.

So I'd imagine Derek knows Daboll's offense pretty well.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Truly, Derek Anderson is the quarterback who will unlock Kelvin Benjamin's true potential.

Just tell him it's Braylon Edwards and he'll know what to do.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1052661108467744776

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Their problem is clearly not enough talent at WR.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Dave Gettleman on the phone desperately trying to get through to the Steelers to offer a first round pick for Le'veon Bell. WE NEED MORE PLAYMAKERS!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Grittybeard posted:

He played for the Bills absolutely terrible offensive coordinator Brian Daboll in 2009-2010.

There is basically nothing other than a one year stint at Alabama as OC when he had an overwhelming talent advantage that looks good since then. Also worth noting he and Saban declined to play one of the more talented quarterbacks in the nation all year until the title game when they needed him.

So I'd imagine Derek knows Daboll's offense pretty well.
Brian Daboll is a Bellicheck failson who makes the other failsons seem successful by comparison.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Major Ryan posted:

NFL to review Dolphins reporting of Tannehill injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975291/article/nfl-to-review-dolphins-reporting-of-tannehill-injury

Don't the Pats play injury roulette every week by listing players who are clearly going to play as questionable? I mean, anyone who plays fantasy football sees that week in week out.

Not that anything will come of this but seriously, what's the point?

Didn't the Jets get in trouble some years ago for not reporting Favre's injured shoulder?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1052664282037534721

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

2 of the worst guards in football plus one of their backups are probably out for the cardinals for tomorrow's game

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Marcus Mariota is bad

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What the hell do the Titans do with Mariota?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

wandler20 posted:

What the hell do the Titans do with Mariota?

Let him get sacked 11 times in 1 game and then wonder why he's regressing?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They should offer Chip Kelly a QB coach job, probably better there than in college

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Theoretically the offensive coaching got better on the Titans, but everything else on offense is a tire fire. Their receiver corps is dire, their one good TE is dead, the running backs barely break 3 YPC and the OL has backslid massively.

That doesn't mean Mariota is a secret superstar, but the Titans are in such bad shape as a whole on offense that I dunno how you'd even tell either way.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

NFL talking heads: You have to force Mahomes to stay in the pocket, he's too dangerous outside the pocket.

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1052203849027637251

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1052226438781435904

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Philip Rivers owns

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

kiimo posted:

NFL talking heads: You have to force Mahomes to stay in the pocket, he's too dangerous outside the pocket.

You need force Mahomes to move around while simultaneously keeping him contained and forcing him to throw when he doesn't want to. I don't know if there's any defense in the NFL capable of doing that right now or will be in the next 5 years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

Theoretically the offensive coaching got better on the Titans, but everything else on offense is a tire fire. Their receiver corps is dire, their one good TE is dead, the running backs barely break 3 YPC and the OL has backslid massively.

That doesn't mean Mariota is a secret superstar, but the Titans are in such bad shape as a whole on offense that I dunno how you'd even tell either way.

I really thought with Henry and Lewis they were going to run the offense through the ground game, but whelp.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I really thought with Henry and Lewis they were going to run the offense through the ground game, but whelp.

On paper that was a good "thunder and lightning" duo but hooooly poo poo is it not working AT ALL.

Dion Lewis went from 5.0 yards per carry in 2017 to 3.1 and Derrick Henry went from 4.2 to 3.3. Lewis had 75 yards rushing his first game and then died, and Henry never made it to 60 yards rushing at any point this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sean10mm posted:

Dion Lewis went from 5.0 yards per carry in 2017 to 3.1 and Derrick Henry went from 4.2 to 3.3. Lewis had 75 yards rushing his first game and then died, and Henry never made it to 60 yards rushing at any point this year.

No fear of a passing game will do that.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

You need force Mahomes to move around while simultaneously keeping him contained and forcing him to throw when he doesn't want to. I don't know if there's any defense in the NFL capable of doing that right now or will be in the next 5 years.

caltech is going to break college football for about 4 years when they are the first to get some laser cooled defensive linemen

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

hifi posted:

caltech is going to break college football for about 4 years when they are the first to get some laser cooled defensive linemen

Nickel Spread Mobile Blitz Unit plans are currently in a vault six stories under a Pasadena rose garden.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Miss Piggy will catch up to him any minute now and lock that poo poo down

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

I've always said outside of the pocket CJ Beathard is a young Patrick Mahomes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I still think Chip Kelly would be a good NFL coach, you just need a GM who has ironclad power in the organization, enough power to tell Kelly "no" when appropriate.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs fans are currently caught up in the ground swell of the insanely awesome idea of hiring former Chief Jack Del Rio as defensive coordinator to replace Bob Sutton when he is fired any day now.

Tell me why this isn't a great idea.

Even including this

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I mean the Chiefs defense can't really get much worse, I don't think anyone can shape the players they have into a "good" defense though.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Man i wanted some nathan peterman comedy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

I mean the Chiefs defense can't really get much worse, I don't think anyone can shape the players they have into a "good" defense though.

I'll buy that Hitchens could at least be aggressive in his not-goodness. Dude just like, hangs back and tackles people instead of heading towards a gap or having the ability to read and react in a productive way.

I don't remember if I actually posted it here but the guy is like a midrange safety now. His job is to not let people get too terribly far down the field, but he doesn't actually try to stop anyone anywhere near the line.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm about 30% of the way to saying fire the entire defense except the DLine, and let the other team just play catch until they manage to drop it three times in a row.

It wouldn't end up much worse than it is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

After discussing the players' skill level ad nauseum for six weeks we have determined it's the scheme. Sutton has to go. Whatever he's attempting to do is not working. Whether that's because he can't communicate, the players aren't listening or the players can't do what he's asking, or a combo of all three, it's not working and he's the common denominator.

Hitchens and Fuller played great for other teams last year.

• Locked thread