Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«75 »
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Swamp Thing. Depending on when you determine Ivy's origin (the first version of her was published in 1966), Swamp Thing is 'older' than she is, origin-wise.

He's also way more powerful than her. He refers to her as the "May Queen." There is an episode of JL:A where Ivy mind-controls him, though.

Ivy controlled Swamp Thing, who was co-created by Bernie Wrightson, who made Captain Sternn, who I included in my LPs.

So, basically, I was responsible for this show. You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Swamp Thing. Depending on when you determine Ivy's origin (the first version of her was published in 1966), Swamp Thing is 'older' than she is, origin-wise.

He's also way more powerful than her. He refers to her as the "May Queen." There is an episode of JL:A where Ivy mind-controls him, though.

He's also mentioned in the previous HQ episode, I think, when one of them tries to convince the other to escape and one goes, "Who'll protect nature?" and the response is "Swamp Thing"

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

your new best friend

I wonder if the show would be allowed to actually have swamp thing

also constantine

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I wonder if the show would be allowed to actually have swamp thing

also constantine

I honestly don't see why not.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, I mean, if they let them incapacitate Batman and Phantom Zone the JL then they probably don't have lotta stuff that's off-limits.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Stargirl is fun. So far, not really exciting, thought provoking, or thrilling, but fun.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

also constantine

Only if he's exes with King Shark

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Plothook: Lobo comes to earth and hooks up with Harley for a while. After some whacky hijinks, Harley learns that polyamory is fine and goes to talk with Ivy. DC, please make it so.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

It'll be like that punisher crossover - "Harley and Ivy gently caress the DC Universe"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

yay

CommissarMega posted:

Or currently dating King Shark.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bruceski posted:

Any idea which ten?

Here you go: https://screenrant.com/stargirl-dc-...ts-differences/

That does explain why some people thought it introduced a lot of characters when, to me watching the CW version, didn't seem that bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

There was also a movie made by Bruce Timm in the DCAU style that had Poison Ivy team up with Swamp Thing while Bats and Nightwing had to team up with Harley.

Angry Lobster posted:

Plothook: Lobo comes to earth and hooks up with Harley for a while. After some whacky hijinks, Harley learns that polyamory is fine and goes to talk with Ivy. DC, please make it so.

Harley hanging out with Lobo sounds like it'd be entertaining for sure.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

There was also a movie made by Bruce Timm in the DCAU style that had Poison Ivy team up with Swamp Thing while Bats and Nightwing had to team up with Harley.

Actually Ivy teamed up with the Fluoronic Man. Swamp Thing cameo'd though.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

he knows...

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It happened in comics and wasn't. Harley's Little Black Book has her meeting another hero/villain for a one-off team-up each issue and the sixth issue was her and Lobo. Sadly it's very underwhelming. There's just a lot of arbitrary fighting and then they bone. Perhaps the limited scope of a single issue meant they avoided doing much substantial, and the usual whacky humour is undermined by really dark and grungy art, but either way it's the weakest issue of the series and there aren't the hijinks you would expect from those two meeting. It's just punching, explosions, screwing, done.

It did spark a temporarily popular hypothesis that Harley is Crush's mother, but Harley's Little Black Book is extremely non-canon so that's unlikely.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

your new best friend

CommissarMega posted:

I have a lot of reasons for wanting to see Constantine in this show (cut Matt Ryan another check please) but that's the main one tbh

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Or currently dating King Shark.

Constantine dating King Shark (again) would be the best of this year.

Oh, and Stargirl is actually a very cute show. I haven't seen the second episode but the first one was good so far. I loved how campy the JSA looked like.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Desperado Bones posted:

Constantine dating King Shark (again) would be the best of this year.

Oh, and Stargirl is actually a very cute show. I haven't seen the second episode but the first one was good so far. I loved how campy the JSA looked like.

Stripesy struck me as creepy starting out and behind all the '50s town shenanigans but it turns out he's actually such a standup dude that it threw me off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dawgstar posted:

Here you go: https://screenrant.com/stargirl-dc-...ts-differences/

That does explain why some people thought it introduced a lot of characters when, to me watching the CW version, didn't seem that bad.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Brainwave is really nailing the "Nazi Scientist Steve Jobs" look.

If Gotham always has one foot in the 1930's and Metropolis is always about 15 years in the future, I see no problem with Blue Valley being perpetually Post-WWII.

«75 »