Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I had a dream that John Constantine was on this show and he and Killer Shark got married.

Do you think that means I'm watching too many super hero cartoons or not enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I had a dream that John Constantine was on this show and he and Killer Shark got married.

Do you think that means I'm watching too many super hero cartoons or not enough?

It means you should use spoiler tags for future episodes you jerk!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Also, it's King Shark. Not Killer Shark. You're thinking of Killer Frost. Or you're being a selachist.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This one is King Shark, but there's another character called Killer Shark who was the enemy of the Blackhawks. Neither of them are to be confused the the crime boss Great White Shark, a 40s era Batman villain known as Tiger Shark, a member of set of a 50s villainous group known as the Terrible Trio who's named simply as The Shark, and a Green Lantern villain who first appeared in the 60s that is basically a mutated shark and who is also known as The Shark.

Comics is dumb y'all.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I always forget King Shark came from relative nowhere, being the 90's Superboy comic. What a journey!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Damnit, my comic about 1950s gangsters titled Card Shark is totally ruined!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Psycho is all aboard the evil train! I did not expect them to escalate things to a parademon invasion of Gotham.

"If saving Gotham means I have to gun down another lady clown..."
"Wait what do you mean anothe-"

Poor Harley and poor Kiteman. Someone is going to be crushed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I love you Gordon

https://i.imgur.com/tEUjNZu.mp4

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I don't know if this is a Commando reference or just a generic load up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

shouldve done the “and my mitts” from sin city

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Darkseid suspecting Harley's deeper issues was great, I half-hoped it literally was going to turn into a therapy session (well I mean technically the whole thing ended up that way in any case).

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's...quite a preview picture they have for next week's episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh wow, they got Darkseid's DCAU voice actor to reprise the role.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I love you Gordon
Thanks for that clip, it got a laugh out of me because I missed the tattoo when I watched the show.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Poor Harley and poor Kiteman. Someone is going to be crushed.

Yeah, same :smith: I was hoping that Chuck's douchebag parents would have been enough to, I dunno, drive Kite-Man away and give Pam and Harley some time together, but nope. Mind you, it was a horrible thing to hope for, but that was the only way I could see the two get together without Kite-Man in the way.

Which is why polyamory would solve so many issues.

Also, didn't see Psycho leaving, goddamn.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I really need a crossover with Archer now.

The preview thumbnail sure is a whole lotta something, but sadly Patrick Schumacker already spoiled that would happen before S2 even began airing, even following-up saying the 29th would be "a significant date", so they already dropped the ball on that surprise.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I sometimes remember that Harley has a doctorate in psychology. It must be really annoying to get sudden advice from some armchair therapist with a big ego.
Also, I sort of wonder, if she was actually in denial, or just straight up acting like it.

I am sort of disappointed that Harley didn't immediately blow Barbaras cover. "Hey Babs, long time no see. Almost didn't recognize you. What are you wearing there?" Her complete confusion at that kiss was kind of nice though. Especially since she's a huge nerd, who probably doesn't have that experience a lot.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Oh hey, wasn't aware Stargirl's second episode was going up early on account of Labor Day, score.

EDIT: I finally tried to watch it and, while the episode is featured as of it is available, the content is actually locked. Okay then!

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 23, 2020

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, same :smith: I was hoping that Chuck's douchebag parents would have been enough to, I dunno, drive Kite-Man away and give Pam and Harley some time together, but nope. Mind you, it was a horrible thing to hope for, but that was the only way I could see the two get together without Kite-Man in the way.

Which is why polyamory would solve so many issues.

Also, didn't see Psycho leaving, goddamn.

Yep, on one hand I want Harley-Ivy to be a thing, but on the other hand Chuck-Ivy make a good and wholesome couple. I'm afraid either Chuck or Harley are gonna get shafted by the end of the show.

Jerusalem posted:

Darkseid suspecting Harley's deeper issues was great, I half-hoped it literally was going to turn into a therapy session (well I mean technically the whole thing ended up that way in any case).

Kinda surprised how chill Darkseid was on the whole affair, especially when he saw Psycho cheating and let it slip.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is Darkseid the kind of guy who'd care if someone was cheating? For all we know, he saw Psycho's willingness to help Harley as something in her favour. After all, she's either the kind of woman who could command the loyalty of such a potent asset, and thus worthy of an army, or someone whom Psycho can manipulate/replace, which makes him worthy of said army by proxy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"I never back down! It's a terrible quality that's ruined most of my personal relationships!" :argh:

CommissarMega posted:

Is Darkseid the kind of guy who'd care if someone was cheating? For all we know, he saw Psycho's willingness to help Harley as something in her favour. After all, she's either the kind of woman who could command the loyalty of such a potent asset, and thus worthy of an army, or someone whom Psycho can manipulate/replace, which makes him worthy of said army by proxy.

Yeah, from his perspective having that kind of power in his army is a win-win either way.

Now that Psycho is gone the group needs a new smartass, time for Riddler to join the crew.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, Harley can't claim that she never kills innocent people anymore. :v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Technically, the Parademons killed them.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

cant cook creole bream posted:

I sometimes remember that Harley has a doctorate in psychology. It must be really annoying to get sudden advice from some armchair therapist with a big ego.

Sure, but someone who's avoiding their feelings and trying to prove they're just a spontaneous free spirit by obtaining a literal army from hell deserves it.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Since they were fighting in Gordon's army, they were technically part of a militia, which could make them soldiers, gang members, or something in between. :goonsay:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cant cook creole bream posted:

I mean, he wasn't wrong. Sometimes even psychologists have trouble recognizing their own problems despite being trained to recognize them in others, and Harley does have a history of denying reality in order to avoid facing harsh truths (see: her entire relationship with the joker).

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I get the feeling it's Harley thats gonna end up the odd one out.

After all, it won't be a DC property without the story straight up chickening out on anything queer.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

After all, it won't be a DC property without the story straight up chickening out on anything queer.

Points at every single DC CW show

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Maybe they're not queer and merely gay, but Legends, Black Lightning, and Batwoman have good gay rep.

Oh, and Supergirl has a trans actor playing a trans character (both women, in this case).

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

BigRed0427 posted:

That's maybe a tad too cynical, but I guess we'll see. To me it seems like fairly standard stretching out of the romance arc through various setbacks. First it's the classical 'didn't mean it', then almost confession where Harley chickens out, from there maybe proper confession but they have a falling out, Harley goes into exile/hiding etc. There's plenty of episodes left, so the lowpoint will probably be real low, but I'm confident they'll get there in the end.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok in my defense I TOTALLY forgot about the CW shows. Sorry.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Ovenmaster posted:

To me it seems like fairly standard stretching out of the romance arc through various setbacks.

Yeah, that's how it feels to me as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No matter what I figure somebody is gonna end up miserable out of all this, whether it's Kiteman or Harley, and either way Ivy is gonna feel bad.

I feel bad that I'm hoping it's Kiteman who gets the short end of the stick :smith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jerusalem posted:

No matter what I figure somebody is gonna end up miserable out of all this, whether it's Kiteman or Harley, and either way Ivy is gonna feel bad.

I feel bad that I'm hoping it's Kiteman who gets the short end of the stick :smith:

Okay, but imagine this: Kiteman and Bane. They got along well back at that party in season one, and they're both self-made super heroes who weren't born with powers. It's a long shot, but I can hope!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kiteman, at his lowest, takes his kite to a place from which he knows he cannot return.... THE PIT!

But in THE PIT! he finds love that gives him the uplift he needs for his internal kite :unsmith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Jerusalem posted:

Kiteman, at his lowest, takes his kite to a place from which he knows he cannot return.... THE PIT!

But in THE PIT! he finds love that gives him the uplift he needs for his internal kite :unsmith:

Cheryl. Lake Bell voices her, too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jerusalem posted:

Yes. That's it. That's the episode.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Dammit, now I'm going to be really dissapointed if Kite Man doesn't end up with Cheryl.

Also, as much as they are setting up for it, I hope they don't go the typical rom-com storyline with this. This show has been anything but typical and I would be sad to have Harley & Ivy play out that way.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Aw man, I really liked Psycho.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Motherfucker posted:

Aw man, I really liked Psycho.

He'll be back. I mean, where the hell else is he gonna go?

Also someone gif king shark blushing at the smooch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Chokes McGee posted:

He'll be back. I mean, where the hell else is he gonna go?

Also someone gif king shark blushing at the smooch

Also loved Ivy blushing a deeper shade of green.