Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

roomforthetuna posted:

The last about 30 seconds of that episode were delightful. Such a lot of extra story packed into such a short time.

Holy fuckin' poo poo. Totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LegoMan posted:

Holy poo poo the Kite Man cutaway was so good

Kite Man.

Hell yeah.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hypocrisy posted:

Wait a second...Sy Borgman is a cyborg man. I cracked the code!

Looking real forward to next week's return of Jim Gordon.

eventually Syborg is going to come out of retirement to team up with harley and gently caress up a bunch of ruskies poo poo :patriot:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Darth Walrus posted:

They are, yes. Halpern tweeted about it. It's basically a show about Jewish supervillains (yep, Harley's Jewish too) by Jewish writers.

I am trying so hard to make a plant pun based on goy and just completely whiffing

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Whorelord posted:

kite man

hell yeah!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this! posted:

So the CW crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths made it explicit that Doom Patrol and Titans are not set in the same universe. Which I guess is a workaround for how they don't quite match up.

Makes sense that there'd be Cyborg dopplegangers. Also I really, really want Cliff to meet Doppleganger Cliff. Like have one of them also be Robotman but in a sleek teched out body.

"Oh, what the gently caress? This rear end in a top hat has nano poo poo?!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

I'm guessing both. Luthor's a both kind of guy.

The best goddamn part of Luthor was that every scene, every single one, included :raise:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Gross Manta Monster

and sharks with hands

*king shark voice* other sharks with hands?! I can relate to them because it’s really hard to do things without hands. It really makes you appreciate them!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ubik_Lives posted:

I’m guessing the long term plan is to have Kiteman be considerate but without ambition, and Harley to have ambition but inconsiderate, and it will be Harley that finally learns to be both, but it would have been nice not to fill Harley's brain with fundamental red flags, and then have Ivy go "Yeah, better put a ring on this".

Well, above all else, it's a farce. So you mmmmmay be overthinking this a bit.

Secondly, they're already swerving in that direction with Harley and Ivy having a massive spat and not talking to each other currently. So it is being addressed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ivy has a canonical penchant for killing "tiresome lovers," so...yeah.

Pretty sure she's into Kite Man because even though he's a douchebag, he seems *aware* he's a non-threatening douchebag and he willfully dials it back when she calls him on it. She's a woman who gets off on controlling people, and she very clearly has near-complete control over him *without* using her pheromones.

I think you're reading too much of comics Ivy into this version. Kite Man is a huge dork but he's an endearing dork (who is, presumably, great in the sack). I do think something's eventually going to happen to him because he's just too dumb for it not to, but I don't think it's going to be at Ivy's hands.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Harley's dad reminds me of a somehow worse Big Bob Pataki.

honey, ive been meaning to tell you something. im gay

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ivy

Hell no :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LashLightning posted:

I hope that the destruction of the LoD headquarters leads to an actual weakening of the group and allows competing super-villain groups to show up with the lesser known characters.

Injustice Guild is too mainstream.

This looks like a job for the Superman Revenge Squad!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also you can’t tell me setting kite man up as a disposable moron and then suddenly killing Ivy wasn’t a brilliant intentional bait and switch.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

evilmiera posted:

Look, nothing but cowardice stops a wholesome but somewhat awkward threesome happening here.

He asked off camera.

They didn't say no.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Harley can have a little a fpe, as a treat

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Man, I hope they have the balls to bring the greatest DC character ever into this show

it me

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Binary Badger posted:

Like nobody really cares about this show:

https://www.backstage.com/casting/doom-patrol-340300/

Apparently filming of Doom Patrol Season 2 has already started, as this casting notice says Asian and Hispanic background actors were needed for a Doom Patrol shoot starting 1/28 in Conyers, GA

I care, BB. I care.

I assume Candlemaker is going to be the main villain this season. Could be good, could be bad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I really, REALLY gotta wonder why the hell anyone would live in Gotham.

According to the comics it's either you're too poor to go elsewhere or you have Stockholm syndrome and don't want to leave because at least it's not as bad as Blüdhaven?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Today I realized Kite Man has an actual superpower, and it's not kite related.

He's a Chutzpah Elemental.

I don't know what color that is on the DC Nature scale though actually I do, it's the "Kite Man" color

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Argue posted:

I would say the spoilers were too big; almost right from the start he drops a major spoiler from the season finale. But if you're considering watching it, note that the first ep... is not very good. Which I think the showrunners themselves are aware of, as they said they did it that way just to firmly establish that kids shouldn't be watching the show.

It wasn't as bad as people think, it that's my hot take anyway.

loving THE POOR was a pretty good punchline tbh, especially coming from a disguised Joker since he wasn't being disapproving

E: also I love how the show makes it clear Harley is playing up her accent specifically for Joker since the only time she drops back into it is while talking to her mom.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Slow start but still funny. After Clayface's obvious presence and Penguin being oblivious, I laughed myself stupid at the increasingly absurd placements of the crew that no one questioned, most of all at Psycho sitting on King Shark's shoulders.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I'm impressed by how quickly Gordon drank that shower beer, and how quickly he ID'ed the party mix.

Also loved this:

It's a groove you just can't resist. :slick:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Given that Alan Moore has said he really regrets doing The Killing Joke altogether, and THIS little chestnut:

While I don't fault the conclusion, Alan Moore's default setting is "regrets doing a comic book," so...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

itry posted:

I also really enjoy the depiction of their friendship, but I can understand the people who want them to have a romantic relationship.
I don't think they're mutually exclusive and can't really see an argument against it, even if I'm personally indifferent to the idea.

The ivy/Harley romance was based off one episode of BTAS where the characters and actors played phenomenally off each other against Harley's abusive boyfriend and it just kind of got sapphic from there I guess!

Also the "It doesn't work on me :smug:" scene was incredible

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Harley was created by Paul Dini :colbert: He based her off of his long time friend Arleen Sorkin (who provided the original voice of the character in the animated series) who had previously appeared in a jesters costume in a dream sequence on the soap opera Days of Our Lives.

And know you know some pointless trivia!

Somehow this is the only possible confluence of events to make Harley possible and it still happened :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lechtansi posted:

What else is everyone watching? I'm running out of good stuff to watch and Harley can't come fast enough.

Legends and Flash are back on!

Legends is back on!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I didn't know his real name before but referring to Kite Man as "Chuck" is perhaps the least surprising thing this show has ever done.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

So Charlie Brown married the kite-eating tree.

Of course.

Rack em

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

angerbeet posted:

Would you say you... relished it?

*frantically googling for things that rhyme with sriratcha*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
the joker must still be alive in this season because I think I died from laughing

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Bane is Harvey's new Gordon.

Errraaaam a drat gdd cop.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm okay if Harley and Ivy just remain the best of friends. Because Kite Man :hellyeah:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

"...and this is what we looked like afterwards!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Binary Badger posted:

The Doom Patrol Facebook page is announcing that season 2 is coming to HBO Now on 6/25..

No other details but I'd hope we get some trailers or something..

One assumes the big bad this season is Candlemaker but I'm gonna really miss Mr. Nobody.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Kite Man's gonna be a-ok. He's just going to chutzpah killdozer his way through this like everything else in life.

Hell yeah.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Motherfucker posted:

I was scared it was never gonna happen and we were gonna actually go ahead with forced het AND Kiteman.

Kiteman loving sucks, you guys.

:frogout:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

theblackw0lf posted:

For those wondering the fate of Bane, check the creators twitter

Wwmmm sure he'll be fine. Iiin THE PIT all things are pssible!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BigRed0427 posted:

So I just saw the new episode..

*clears throat*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :neckbeard:

The TA DA music at the end was the best :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

scary ghost dog posted:

is this version censored?

I mean it'd kind of have to be. Syfy goes for it with minor curse words but dropping F-bombs eight times a show (but no more) is probably a no go.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 19, 2020