Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

tsob posted:

Batman just makes more sense as a capitalist, conservative douchenozzle than as any kind of left-leaning hero to the poor. Almost all his villains are victims of the system to some degree, and he's a trust-fund baby who goes around beating the piss out of people as a solution to crime because one bad thing happened to him in his whole life.

That can depend on the adaptation. In the 90s animated series Batman eventually became less of a crime fighter and more of a superhero parole officer who really wants his charges to become better people but who has an obligation to arrest them if they start breaking laws again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

The only unfortunate thing is that they got a relatively A-list child actor so his availability and cost might be more limiting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Tremblay

They save money by having Alan Tudyk play half the cast.

Watching Harley Quinn was a bit of a trip for me since I'm a fan of Star vs. the Forces of Evil and so I keep hearing King River as Clayface and Ludo as the Joker.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Daikloktos posted:

I haven't seen the last couple episodes, but the writers really dug themselves a hole making the Kite-Man pairing so beloved if they intend to go IvyQuinn this season

I will say that Kite Man seems chill enough to step aside if Ivy decides to break up with him.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

roomforthetuna posted:

Now you mention it that does explain Superman typically being an establishment stooge. His whole home planet was basically authoritarian douches.

If Superman had Batman villains he'd be like "welp, I guess Penguin's the mayor now, gotta do what he says!"

Nah, that's not it. Superman wasn't raised on Krypton. He's an establishment stooge because he was raised by a couple of conservative farmers from rural Kansas.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

roomforthetuna posted:

True, maybe it goes the other way, his willingness to phantom zone people reflects his authoritarian conservative upbringing, where punishing criminals is important and rehabilitating them isn't even a thing to be considered.

What kind of sucks about that is the fact that, because of how comics typically work, Superman is right and rehabilitation will always fail. You always want the classic villains to come back and do more villainy, after all. Then again, tossing them in the Phantom Zone never works either since they always seem to get out.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I like how it really looks like it's going to be creepy New 52 Freeze at first, but then it was actually just BTAS Freeze with more of a sense of humanity.

Speaking of BTAS themed things, Condiment King. :allears:

So for those of us who don't read the comics, did Harley describe New 52 Freeze's backstory when she was jumping to conclusions?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

So is Bruce going to become Oracle to Barbara's Batgirl while he's convalescing?

You know, considering what else this show has done that may be exactly what they're aiming for.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Does Freeze acting like Nora is conscious and able to converse with people while she's frozen within a block of ice count?

That assumes that he was mistaken when he said she was just being shy.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Caros posted:

King shark is a shark?

King shark is a king.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Argue posted:

Is there something more to know about Destiny of the Endless? I've read all of Sandman.

I'd say the big thing to remember is that you should read Lucifer, which is a very good sequel/spin-off of Gaiman's Sandman that really pushes the lore he established to its cosmic limits.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

Low key hoping ivy ends up with kite man and Harley goes back to joker just to see the internet melt down. Like people who never gave the show a chance will watch it from the start to hate-watch the ending.

It would take one hell of a troll to betray the fans, the themes of your own show, and all the character development your writers poured their hearts into just to piss off people who don't like what you create anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

They meet the little girl Green Lantern and the episode ends with Harley and her crew just beating the poo poo out of Hal :hai:

Maybe they could track down Major Force, kill him, and stuff him into a refrigerator.